I'm currently reading Zeroes by Scott Westerfeld
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I just started the Wasp Factory and Horrorstor
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I read Horrorstor, Denversillygoose. It's a fun romp.

I'm currently reading Swing Low by Miriam Toews.
  • SlytherPuff4Life
    SlytherPuff4Life Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the 3rd book in "The Others" series by Anne Bishop. She is by far my favorite dark fantasy writer! I also loved her "Black Jewels" series. Her ability to create realistic worlds and characters is surpassed by none.
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Halfway through with Janet Evanovich's Four to Score, needed a light fun read, love the series :#<3
  • sheilaparsleyministries
    Options
    Currently reading Eyes in the window
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. :o
  • JheanW
    JheanW Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just started "A Painted Goddess" Book 3 in the A Fire Beneath the Skin Series by Victor Gischler. Absolutely loved the first 2. If you like fantasy novels this is a good set.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. :o

So good! Hope you're enjoying it.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton and Eating Dirt by Charlotte Gill.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Tales of Greek Heroes by Roger Lancelyn Green :) its amazing the little treasures I find at dollar stores sometimes! Great book.
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Dollar Store does have some great pics. I just saw We Are Water by Wally Lamb @ mine. I'm on to Me Before You & I can't put it down! May be a personal record for the fastest I've read a book.
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Just read an Alexander McCall book called The Sunday Philosopher's Club. A light "mystery". Set in Edinburg, Scotland a professional philosopher and ethics journal editor looks into the sudden death of a young man who falls out of a theater balcony.

This was a waste of my time. Too much musing on the ethics of every thing and very little actual mystery. Not very well developed characters either.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Dollar Store does have some great pics. I just saw We Are Water by Wally Lamb @ mine. I'm on to Me Before You & I can't put it down! May be a personal record for the fastest I've read a book.

Its funny how the best ones take the shortest amount of time to read.
  • CDXJade
    CDXJade Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    The Whistler by John Grisham
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
  • Jazzbear742
    Jazzbear742 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Wrong Side of Goodbye by Michael Connelly. It's the latest Harry Bosch novel. I am on the waiting list for The Whistler by John Grisham.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading 'The Reactive' by Masande Ntshanga. It's pretty good so far.
  • ash_tree_clearing
    Options
    The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
    A Breath of snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon (again)
    A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket

Recently finished: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. This is an amazing non-fiction piece about how one woman's cervical cancer tissue (taken without her or her family's permission) revolutionized biomedical research and was used to drive new discoveries of the past 50 years. The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon is one of many in The Outlander series, which follows the life and times of a surgeon who accidentally travels back in time to 18th-century Scotland (among other places).