TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,889 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job Shauna! We don't buy any candy either since chocolate is my down fall. Finished my squats and did the first day of the stretching videos.

Alisa, My husband knows he better not buy left over candy either ;):);)
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    MzHill08 wrote: »
    I'm in total awe. How does everyone get so many miles in? I would love to do more but an hour workout usually does me in lol. I'd love to contribute more though.

I know how you feel ! How lucky you are @scrapbookingtm to have so much at your fingertips! I work full time in an office four days a week and a husband who is not happy if I'm out when he is in (and he is a couch potato!) - so I cram what I can in straight after work and some at weekends if he is working. I believe exercise is addictive and I really wish my time was my own. Still with what I do I know I am a lot fitter than I was this time last year.

Any amount of time you can spend is good.
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    My husband is turning into a couch potato but I've NEVER been able to watch THAT much TV. Even my SIL spends his time in front of the TV, :(
  • daremightythings
    daremightythings Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this week's challenges! 20 squats every morning after some calisthenics is such a nice way to start the day. I did my first round last night before bed, so the next 6 will be an AM routine. Easy peasy.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm in total awe. How does everyone get so many miles in? I would love to do more but an hour workout usually does me in lol. I'd love to contribute more though.

Sylvia - I have 7 children and when they were at home I didn't have one minute to myself or if I did find one, I didn't have the energy to use it exercising :) Now they are grown and out of the house and I have all kinds of energy. Of course you know I love to hike. It pushes me to the limit and then I have to find the energy to stretch if I want to walk the next day. lol My husband loves to veg in front of the TV in the evenings so we moved our TV out of the bedroom and into the exercise room. If we want to watch, we have to be on one of the machines. I have 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bike, a healthrider, a glider and a "all in one weight machine". So no wasted travel time to the gym. I do ride my bike to work sometimes or just go in early and bike along the parkway in the mornings. I actually own 2 bikes, one is at home and I keep one at work. (I am the boss so I can pretty much do what I want at work). These past 4 weeks I have pushed myself harder than I have for awhile and I am amazed at what the body will do. In the beginning, I did the amount I could. Then everyday I would up it just 5 min. Of course, I use different muscles each day and different intensities.

That's so amazing. I really want a treadmill to walk on while I watch my evening shows, that's genius! You are so inspirational!
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options

I know I'm retired and all my kids are older too. Your doing a marvelous job! I usually split my workouts throughout the day, morning and evening.

Thanks Jackie! :smile: I am so inspired by your minutes!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,098 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, but I won't be able to do much this week - I've caught a bug and feel like crap... I will try to do the challenges, but won't have that much minutes to contribute. :(
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Maalea wrote: »
    I am sorry, but I won't be able to do much this week - I've caught a bug and feel like crap... I will try to do the challenges, but won't have that much minutes to contribute. :(

Ohhhh nooo! I hope you feel better soon!!!!!!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I have a TV at the gym on each of equipment :)
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    :)
    Rigibann wrote: »
    20 minutes watching videos although movement not too much jiggling plus 10 minutes gentle stretch. Sorry but been advised not to do squats due to injury but hopefully will be on the mend in another week :/

I so enjoyed those promotional videos I did them again today - the scenery is breathtaking and the accompanying music is so relaxing I'm only going to count 15 minutes today as I kept stopping to see the beautiful shots lol.

As you can gather I'm quite stubborn so decided to give a few squats a go - and yes, I did 30 - maybe I didn't go as long as the instructor but I think you will accept it, please @MissionEnforcer . So I will be able to complete the 140 in the week.

I also did the stretching videos - well, the first four! Was about to try the fifth and realised this was way out of my league ha ha. Loved doing them though - but once again I didn't do the jumping bit as I want to nurse that hamstring!

So Team Six I will do what I can to add some 'miles' but admit there will not be as many as previous weeks - but never fear, I will be back on form very soon :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited November 2016
    Options
    :)
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Beautiful picture! I'd love to walk that trail every day.
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Wow! Gorgeous place to walk! :)

• TrkyVic0327
    Options
    50/140 squats
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Was reading on some other team pages, not to snoop or anything, just because the new post notification on each page was bothering me. Lol! Anyways, something that caught my eye was people saying that it is impossible or dishonest to count 1000 minutes a week, and that they think people aren't distinguishing normal physical activity from exercise correctly. As someone who has logged 1,000 + minutes to this challenge, I must say that I am not counting my daily chores or usual physical activity. I am only counting actual exercise that I put my heart rate monitor on to make sure I don't over exert myself and to track my calories more acurately. The only time that my heart rate monitor isn't on is for activities like walking through the neighborhood or mall with my family, which we do frequently. And then, I don't even count the whole time as there are usually stops along the way. I just wanted to let y'all know that I am on the up and up, just like I know our whole team is regarding this. When I see others post big numbers, I think, "What an awesome day for them!" Not, "There's no way they actually exercised that long. They must be lying."
    Sorry this is long. That post just struck a nerve with me I guess, and "talking" this out with y'all will help me get past it.
    Hope y'all are rocking your Wednesday!!!! Go Team 6!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Was reading on some other team pages, not to snoop or anything, just because the new post notification on each page was bothering me. Lol! Anyways, something that caught my eye was people saying that it is impossible or dishonest to count 1000 minutes a week, and that they think people aren't distinguishing normal physical activity from exercise correctly. As someone who has logged 1,000 + minutes to this challenge, I must say that I am not counting my daily chores or usual physical activity. I am only counting actual exercise that I put my heart rate monitor on to make sure I don't over exert myself and to track my calories more acurately. The only time that my heart rate monitor isn't on is for activities like walking through the neighborhood or mall with my family, which we do frequently. And then, I don't even count the whole time as there are usually stops along the way. I just wanted to let y'all know that I am on the up and up, just like I know our whole team is regarding this. When I see others post big numbers, I think, "What an awesome day for them!" Not, "There's no way they actually exercised that long. They must be lying."
    Sorry this is long. That post just struck a nerve with me I guess, and "talking" this out with y'all will help me get past it.
    Hope y'all are rocking your Wednesday!!!! Go Team 6!

I get that ALL the time yesterday I went to the gym in the morning. During the evening I found a trail and went on a long hike for a couple hours! There's 3 or 4 I KNOW that get larger burns than ME. But I KNOW them from OTHER challenges and KNOW they are the most honest people around.

I have no doubt you are honest too. This might come out wrong but for THE people WHO doubt anyone else, they must be the people who's lying. It's only hurts you when you when your in the latter group.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    If anyone is still having trouble accessing the spreadsheet, send me your G-Mail address (ex: username@gmail.com), and I will add you for direct access. Send it to me via MFP mail, which is found under "MY HOME", at the top of the page.
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Thank you, Jackie! I appreciate your kind words! <3