You know you are LCHF when...

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    @canadjineh Does it work with any pickle juice? Gherkins, silver onions, onions?

I do happen to really love pickled garlic too. Pickled garlic with olives as a side or a snack tastes just amazing!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited October 2016
    Yep, works with any pickle juice that you like. My mom used to do this when we were little, I grew up with pickled eggs, lol. In my opinion the stronger, more sour as opposed to sweet pickle juice tastes best with the eggs, but that may be just me. I always loved the larger English style ploughman's lunch pickled onions but I can't do malt vinegar once I realized I was Celiac. I sub ACV & white mixed (since ACV is so expensive).
    august-016-800x533.jpg
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Still Life With Tea. and Tennis Balls?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    :D
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,762 Member
    When you buy some wild rice at the store because you *thought* you read something about it being a good low carb food. When you get home you drop the package reading the insanely high carb content in 1/4 cup. It gets put in the food donation bag for the city food drive. Some people do need a lot of carbs that has some protein in it too. I am not one of them.

Thank goodness I bought cauliflower too so I can have that as my rice.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    @RowdysLady - Your daughter is going to end up on MTV: "True Life: I was a Low Carb Mule". ;)

LOL :D
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    How about when you only eat spinach when it has been sauteed in bacon fat?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    You come to parties pre-armed with iced coffee and cream because you know you aren't eating or drinking anything being offered.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    You come to parties pre-armed with iced coffee and cream because you know you aren't eating or drinking anything being offered.

Yes! I am in and out a lot and rather than pack breakfast, lunch or snacks I travels with two travel mugs of BPC.

Last night I forgot my mug and had more sweet things than I should have at a halloween party.... My should have being no treats. LOL
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    http://jamieoliver.com/recipes/member-recipes/recipe-detail/3527/

Now I really want to try out pickled eggs.... I love pickles and I love eggs, so surely that will be an awesome combination right?

Maybe homemade will be better, but I've had storebought ones and wasn't a fan (and I am a FIEND for vinegar in general). The texture of the egg became kinda crumbly and was hella weird.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    When you order a big mac for lunch while out shopping but forget to ask for a fork, so you eat the burger out of the bun bite by bite like a duck eating bread. This was me Sunday.

I get McDouble's without the bun, and they always put them in salad containers. At the drivethru I try to tell them they can put them in the same container, but usually they still come in separate ones and I feel bad for wasting the plastic. :-/
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    When you eat ALL the crackling off the roast pork yourself and don't feel bad about it. Yum, I reckon I could eat it everyday.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Laurie6578 wrote: »
    When you are insanely happy to find pre-riced cauliflower in the frozen foods section. :smiley:

where? details please.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    cstehansen wrote: »
    When you are insanely happy to find pre-riced cauliflower in the frozen foods section. :smiley:

where? details please.

Trader Joe's!
  • cstehansen
    thanks. I wish there was one closer to me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    edited October 2016
    Someone said they have found it at Target, Sprouts, and Walmart, @cstehansen, but I haven't independently confirmed. Still looking myself.

Edited to add - most of these places have a thing where you can order online and have it shipped to a local store ... worth checking out if they have it, just not where you are...
  • cstehansen
    Thanks @KnitOrMiss - I see it on the Walmart website and it is showing as in stock at my local store.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Green-Giant-Cauliflower-Riced-Veggies-12-oz/55051621
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Meh, not carried within 50 miles of me, sadly. Glad you found it though!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,762 Member
    I keep buying the fresh stuff at Costco but the two of us, just can't eat it before it goes bad. Being fresh and precut the life span is very short. I will check my Sprouts to see if they have it frozen. We do love the cauliflower pizza crust and it is a regular thing on our meal rotations now.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited November 2016
    You have at least 4 variations and 3lbs of cheese in your fridge as well as at least 5 variations of coconut byproduct (MCT oil, EVCO, cream, milk, water, shredded, butter, flour).
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited November 2016
    I have at least that much cheese @bowlerae! Flavors upon flavors. :D

ETA: upon further thought I have 4 types of coconut byproducts in my house right now... yep!
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    cstehansen wrote: »

where? details please.

I found it at Walmart. ;)
  • Laurie6578
    I love the fresh cauliflower too but for work nights the pre-riced frozen is a life saver for me. You can incorporate it into so many dishes or just pop it in the microwave and add butter.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Meijer has pre-riced frozen cauliflower and frozen mashed cauliflower as well.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    When you buy mince meat, come home and realise it is only 12% fat and you want to go back to the store to exchange it. You realise you can make tacos with home made guacamole and sour cream, and top it with cheese.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    When you scour the vitamin bottles to be 100% there are zero carbs
  • Laurie6578
    edited November 2016
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    When you buy mince meat, come home and realise it is only 12% fat and you want to go back to the store to exchange it. You realise you can make tacos with home made guacamole and sour cream, and top it with cheese.

This! And then put all that taco goodness in my parm taco shell...is it legal to put cheese on cheese??

Edited because I'm an editor and I can't help it...

• HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    When you shamelessly exhaust your day's calories and carb ration on a chocolate pork rind cake with avocado cream cheese frosting.