NSV's

Options

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    My favorite NSV so far, taken last night.
    sxphjrcc16xw.jpeg

wow! That is amazing! One day this will be me, absolutely inspiring.

Well, @Bonny132, I am assuming you are hoping for this without all the hair on the belly. :D

And that's after I trimmed it back a lot so I could see what was going on. I'm practically a *kitten* wookie otherwise.

Hey...Wookies can be hot! I'd die a million times over if Rowdy shaved the hair on his chest/abdomen or was clean shaven on his face for that matter. But on Bonny...maybe not so much :smiley:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    sxphjrcc16xw.jpeg

Well, @Bonny132, I am assuming you are hoping for this without all the hair on the belly. :D

And that's after I trimmed it back a lot so I could see what was going on. I'm practically a *kitten* wookie otherwise.

Hey...Wookies can be hot! I'd die a million times over if Rowdy shaved the hair on his chest/abdomen or was clean shaven on his face for that matter. But on Bonny...maybe not so much :smiley:

Fair enough. Bug actually gave me a bit of *kitten* about it, even though I just trimmed it back, as I can't bare shave any part of my body, even my face. If I take anything down to skin, I'll end up looking like have have the worst herpes outbreak ever, as literally every hair will become ingrown for weeks.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    I read an article saying that Vogue says cleavage is out! Just in time as I've lost most of mine on this diet! :D

Yes, me too. I've told my husband that they are turning into deflated bags of skin. Oh well, that's what they make push-up bras for, right?!
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    For all us us who lost the girls first on the WOE, we should do a planking/pushup challenge or something! ;)
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    I'm having a miserably stressful day at work and did not once think to fix it with chocolate. This is actually a big deal for me!!

I really struggle with this myself. Good for you!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    sxphjrcc16xw.jpeg

I got a large supply of Nair, I am sure I can manage to keep the "Forrest" under control.
  • emaline2210
    emaline2210 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The scale isn't moving the last few days, because shark week. So my nsv's are:

1. I'm fitting in 3 of my smaller pairs of jeans. I bought one last pair of 16's and promised myself that I would not buy another pair, because I have 5 pairs of smaller jeans waiting for me in my closet. The goal is to be even smaller than these five pairs, eventually.
    2. I went for a 3 mile hike today with my daughter, mom, and brother, even though I'm feeling crappy. And it was my idea, which completely shocked my mom.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Busted out my weight loss BFF, the tape measure and lo and behold I'm down an inch on my waist from 8/6! For my Apple's out there this is a big deal since our problem area is our tummies and is usually the last place we lose inches :smiley:

Hey, I hear you on this one. I have been stalled on the scale for over 2 weeks, so measured and was down on my waist size too. Pants are starting to be pretty baggy, I already bought some belts, never used them before, I am now in between sizes on pants, so the belts are a good thing.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    I know this sounds weird, but I just posted on someone's thread.

She was mad:
    "I'm mad at myself for gaining it all back and then some.
    I'm mad that I have to think about my food choices every minute of the day.
    I'm mad that I can't eat what I want.
    All I think about is the long road ahead...and I'm pissed!"

I remember being just like her.

I've been there for SOOOO many years, especially being just 4'11" tall (which means my body doesn't require a lot of calories or else I put on weight).

It's taken decades for me to get to this point:
    --> With this WOE, my diet reduces cravings and I am never hungry.

So instead of being forever hateful and spiteful for being so short and not being able to eat what a 6' tall man can eat, or having to work out 100hours a week, I am enjoying the food I am able to eat daily, with a few treats here and there.

^^^^ That's my NSV!

I really can relate to that one, I'm 5'3:" and keep gain/losing the same 30-40 lbs. I get so angry and frustrated some days.

This WOE helps me be more in control and less hungry. I love the foods I can eat and focus on those, not the few things I can't have.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    My NSV today is my new resolve to 100% get back on track just like I am doing this for the first time ever. Wednesday, when we are back from San Antonio I'm going to weigh, measure (all areas, not just my waist) and eat right to knock myself back into ketosis. I'm going to log like a crazy woman every bite of food again. I'm going to drink my water again, properly. All of it, a fresh start. So for me, doing the right thing to get those NSVs is my NSV for today.

That is not to say I'm going to go crazy in San An, I just don't want to worry about doing the right thing - like logging - when I know I may not be able to at times.

You know we will hold you to this, right? :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    This is an odd one, but all the research I have done these last several months along with the changes I can see in myself has completely changed the way I view others who struggle with weight. I wasn't a full on "it's their own fault" type of person because I thought there are definite genetic predispositions to our body composition. However, I did think people had more control than they do...or I should say I thought people had more control using "established" nutritional and exercise guidelines.

This is a somewhat embarrassing thing to post. The reason I am is I think that if we could get enough people to have this NSV in the general population, it really would have a dramatic impact on the health of our population. I am not just talking about those of us who have never been obese (although technically, I came very close to that BMI at my heaviest), but among those who are obese and beat themselves up over it on a regular basis. That self abuse often leads to giving up which leads to an exacerbation of the weight gain and more importantly, the negative health effects thereof.

@cstehansen - I see a lot of the "punishment for poverty" stuff that relates to this, too. If someone (like me and others) grew up eating nothing but canned veggies and pasta and potatoes and such because it was cheap, when we hit a wall with funds and stuff, what is there to eat that is healthy, cheap, and filling, and nourishing, and all that? How do we find it? Why are healthier foods more costly than horrible ones? How are WIC and Food Stamps (and the argument to drop steak and seafood from food stamps programs???) helping the matter?? Plus, blaming those raised in poverty, with poor educational access, who now work limited pay jobs, with no benefits - it only compounds the issue. There are a lot of things that we can do to actually help reduce poverty and fat-shaming and abuse in the health industry of folks with preventable diseases... I hope to see more of this turn around.

Someone posted this morning about a video similarly showing that anyone who has ever been overweight for a period of time will always have to struggle more to keep it off than someone who never became overweight. She said it aired on GMA, and was waiting for the video link to share it... Talk about mainstream!

Also, yesterday, I have to say I was shocked by a personal friend with her own life/health/and now weight struggles admit that even she believed fat people weren't doing enough to help themselves - until a health condition pushed her from lightly overweight into the morbidly obese category, and now the techniques she always used to fight back THAT WORKED, well, they are no longer working for her either. So she always at least in her internal voice in her head thought the same way...and now that is shifting because if it is true for her that the standard things don't work the same, and she literally feels like she's tried EVERYTHING, ... could it also be true for everyone else??
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss, from a cost standpoint, at least part of the problem is that it is drilled into people's heads that some low cost options are unhealthy. The biggest of these is eggs. They are cheap (constantly seeing them on sale for 99 cents a dozen), filling and nutritious. Shopping in the "manager's special" section of the meat department got me some chicken drumsticks for about 50 cents a pound - see my "what does your low carb meal look like" post to see what I did with those. Again, the "experts" say only boneless, skinless chicken breast is healthy which artificially drives up demand which drives up cost.

I could go on and on about how there are actually good low cost options, but the "experts" slam them, or in the case of gov't programs, they disallow them. I am finding my food costs have gone down since changing to this WOE - as has my BG significantly.

Even little things like not spending twice as much to get the super low fat ground beef when the 80/20 or even the 73/27 are better options at a much lower cost.

Instead, we are told to eat bread where 1 slice of 100% whole wheat has roughly the same calories as an egg but will make you hungrier and lead you to overeating. If you move to white bread, there are actually MORE calories in one slice than in an egg.

This is why the #1 health issue among the poor in this country is obesity. Maybe if we had proper nutritional education along with proper personal economic education (this would help more than just the poor) rather than just programs to throw money at the problem, we might actually have positive effects on the poverty rate and on the health of those in this country. Poverty rate in the US is actually a couple percentage points higher now than it was when the "war on poverty" started in the 60's.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I eat both of those things, but how many of them can you eat without getting so burned out you can't eat them for a while. I had to stop eating my eggs scrambled and switch to hard boiled for a while, but in between, there were weeks where the thought of more eggs made me want to hurl...