Tell Us About Your Big Success This Week

Options
12345679»

Replies

• SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I can finally do a scissor climb! It's not super pretty yet but I am finally strong enough to do it. Also inverted butterfly is now added to my list.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I do not have a big success to announce this week (although I did get way low with my Jasmine on the spinning pole yesterday - that freaks me out!), but I attended a big pole dance competition on Saturday night and I am seriously inspired! My friends are trying to talk me in to entering the fray next year. I think I'm looking for new friends! :lol:
  • Caterpillar83
    Caterpillar83 Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm a beginner and have so far had 8 classes and this week I managed to hold my full body weight up on my arms, not sure what the moves called and know I need to practise to get my legs straighter and hold them higher but I was so happy at being able to do it at all! d3x2h4xz5w7t.jpeg
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Got my first Jade Split this morning. It was much easier than it looks. I'd never even tried it because it seemed so scary!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    For January:

Brass monkey (hands and no hands)
    Genie
    Pretzel & pixie spin
    Chamilla
    Hood ornament
    Stargazer
    Fish/Le Poisson
    Hang glider
  • pbbananacoffeechocolate
    Options
    Shoulder mount the flip and my first elbow grip Ayesha without a spot!
  • Erachma
    Erachma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I find that doing Pole is quite a roller coaster ride. One week you can't do a thing right and you leave class downhearted, then suddenly out of nowhere you can't do a thing wrong.

So I started this thread with the idea that every week someone in this community will have a success story that they want to share.

For me - as crazy as this might seem - after 2 months of pole I finally managed to do a firelady spin.

I can do other stuff, some of it first time, but this move has been my nemesis. I couldn't get it. Each week I'd hang on the pole like a slug going nowhere. Suddenly last night I'm spinning like I'm never going to stop and I'm totally in control of the move.

Got a big round of applause from the class and instructors ... I think they may be more pleased that I was, because they were running out of ideas on how to help me LOL!

Mavis

That's really how it goes, nice job!! :wink:
    Things will feel more natural with time - and, obvious, practice!

For me, as I've been trying to invert (sometimes I do it, but with help), I found out just this week that the bottom isn't just a thing to weight, but it can work too!! So I'm training my BUTT STRENGTH! And, even if I didn't get there yet, just this body notion made me happy for this week.

Also, I'm going to try some aerial silks next Monday *-*
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    ElectrifyingGravity Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been out of it for a little bit because life got in the way. When I ended, I finally got an inside and outside leg hang without a spot. Class is tonight, hope it's not too bad after a few weeks off.
  • Erachma
    Erachma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    After a LOOONG time without poling (;_; work overload), I came back to train once a week! Yesterday I could manage to do a SUPERMAN \o/!!
    Although it's considered a basic move, it was the 1st time I could do it, so YAAAY!! :smiley:
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Not directly pole-related, but this weekend I got my first oversplit. Just one block, but I was ecstatic when I felt my hamstrings hit the floor!

Also, I am registered for two competitions next month. :scream:
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    Options
    I just got a pole at home so I am very excited to be able to do pole specific workouts. But, accomplishments this week, got a pair of 7" Pleasers and didn't die while walking in them (I'm just starting to break into the heel world of pole). And I hit my split grip Ayesha without anyone holding me!
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    Options

Also, I am registered for two competitions next month. :scream:

That's so exciting! I'm rooting for you!
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    Options
    I got my shoulder mount yesterday! It honestly seemed like it would never happen and then it just kinda happened. Woah!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    I got my shoulder mount yesterday! It honestly seemed like it would never happen and then it just kinda happened. Woah!

That's awesome! I did a shoulder mount flip on Friday. It was exhilarating and terrifying!

Way to go on the Ayesha as well! I'm still working on my elbow grip one. I can sort of do it, but I'm not stable and I don't like it at all!