jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I may never jump rope again...I guess it's just not my thing. :s
    But I <3 the color challenge!

Welcome to our new team mates! B)
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Just as an FYI, @BobbGrandsard will be placed on another team to even them out so our only new member will be Tameika and the teams are down to 20. Please post on any other pages that you are involved in that we need wait list members. This will probably be more and more of an issue in the coming weeks. Let's try to keep our team 20 strong!!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    WEEK FIVE DESTINATION & CHALLENGES ARE UP!

ALOHA EVERYONE!

:)

DUE TO NUMEROUS REPLACEMENTS, THE SPREADSHEETS WON'T BE RELEASED UNTIL TOMORROW.

• llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome @jamaicanlady to our team
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    ENTERING NUMBERS FROM AN MFP DIARY POST BY ANYONE OTHER THAN THE PERSON WHO OWNS THE DIARY, IS NOT ALLOWED!

It is not up to anyone else to play in the race for them. This includes doctoring a post or adding "@MissionEnforcer&quot; when required.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    The hiking 4 miles is gonna be difficult for me. I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Hiking the trails after dark by myself is not an option. I will hopefully be able to do it on the weekend. I have already done one of the dances twice. I would rather skip than dance. Hoping we don't have to dance next week.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    The Spreadsheet is up and running! :)
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Not having a good day emotionally and have overate and been lazy which doesn't help matters. Planning to exercise during the Voice and then will catch up with all our weekly challenges in next couple days. Stay strong Team2beat!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I'm so excited to be headed to Hawaii!! I am however, like Joanna, a little nervous on the hiking piece. I don't have the ability or time to do a walk in the morning and it is for sure dark by the time I get home. My husband also doesn't like me walking around downtown St. Louis so walking at lunch is out. We will be at the beach though starting Saturday afternoon/ evening, so I'm hopeful we will get it in before Sunday night. As for the videos, I am planning on doing 2 each morning and should be able to finish it on Thursday morning that way. I can't promise I'll get the 5 of 7 under calories done, but I'm going to try my best. As for minutes, I probably will have to skip my lunch workouts so that won't help. :'(
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Not having a good day emotionally and have overate and been lazy which doesn't help matters. Planning to exercise during the Voice and then will catch up with all our weekly challenges in next couple days. Stay strong Team2beat!

Hope tomorrow is a better day too. Just got in a ridiculous argument with the husband and going to bed mad. I know that's not a good thing but sometimes it's just too much to try to be the bigger person. :#
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    @lbenson2006 Hope you can rest well tonight and your hubby apologizes to make your tomorrow a better day. I've gotten in 80 minutes of exercise and feel better already. Watched the short video while moving to get 5 minutes. Goodnight all!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    <3 the hiking challenge. (So glad the rope jumping challenge is over. I hated it.) Wish I could hike for those of you who have a hard time getting it done. 4 miles is a short, easy hike for me. I'll probably end up completing the challenge at least 4 times this week. I have tons of outdoor trails I like to run/hike on! B)
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Thanks @jdelaroy! I will definitely bear that in mind.

@energyseeker and @lbenson2006 , hope you both feel better soon.

So the challenges are certainly going to be that for me, a challenge. But then, that's why I'm here :)

For challenge #1, I spent all morning racking my brain trying to figure out how to get it done. I can't walk with the baby since I don't have a stroller (long story) and it hurts to carry him for long distances. Also, my husband doesn't get home until it's already dark so I have no one to leave him with. So I decided to walk around my yard instead while he slept, I mean, that's outside right. When I googled, it said it should take about 20 minutes to complete a mile. Took me 26 minutes. Completed a total of 1.17 miles in 30 minutes. In a bit of pain now, but hopefully I'll sleep it off.

For challenge #2, I did 2 of the videos as a warm up before doing some weight lifting. It's the first time I lifted weights in months. Used 10 lb DBs since I'm basically starting from scratch again. Feels good to get back to strength training though.

For challenge #3, I have a problem. Because I'm exclusively breastfeeding and still establishing milk supply, I do not want to be too far under calories so I intend to keep it at maybe 50 below or so. Now that's not the problem. The problem is #1 and #2 cause me to burn even more calories than I'm already burning. For example, today I've already burned 2200+ calories and that doesn't even include breastfeeding in which I burn about 500 more for the day. That is a crazy amount of cals to eat! I'm trying to figure out how to fit it all in without eating unhealthy food. Anyone has any suggestions?

Sorry about the extremely long post!!!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @lbenson2006 I hate those fights with the hubby. Hope it blows over fast. The beach sounds like a great place to do a hike. :)

@jamaicanlady Great job getting that mile in, in the back yard. :) So to help with the calorie counting part of MFP, they don't really have a breast feeding option. So change how much weight you want to lose to a lower amount. I believe they go by 500 calorie increments. (This will allow for the calories burned for feeding the little one) Once you log your exercise in on MFP it will add more calories to your total. This will help you stay under your calorie limit for the challenge. As to what you should be eating that could be a hard thing. Maybe eat what you would normally eat, add a little extra in, or give yourself a treat.

Yesterday, I had to take my car in for some unplanned work. Ended up walking home (3 miles), then had to walk and pick up the kids from school (2 miles round trip) So my 4 mile hike is done. Woo hoo, now to dance my butt off!
  • jenilla1
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »

...Yesterday, I had to take my car in for some unplanned work. Ended up walking home (3 miles), then had to walk and pick up the kids from school (2 miles round trip) So my 4 mile hike is done. Woo hoo, now to dance my butt off!

This is a case where something that would normally be an inconvenient nuisance ended being a total win. Great team challenge story! B)
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

...Yesterday, I had to take my car in for some unplanned work. Ended up walking home (3 miles), then had to walk and pick up the kids from school (2 miles round trip) So my 4 mile hike is done. Woo hoo, now to dance my butt off!

This is a case where something that would normally be an inconvenient nuisance ended being a total win. Great team challenge story! B)

I agree!!
  • sabreena86
    sabreena86 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello team 2
    today i did 3 miles, the first mile i walked it at the garden of the company where i work before in the break time, it is small place with flowers and different kind of trees, it is not given any caring but it still a garden
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

I agree!!

Ditto!