TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I finished the four miles yesterday I did two and today I did the other two. The weather here is unseasonably warm, today was 80! Tomorrow the bottom drops out and the high is 66, then 46 on Saturday. I plan to finish the videos tomorrow. Made it now three of the five under calorie! I hope I can get the other two! Keep going team two, we got this.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Well, all my challenges are done, except the food one, but I've been well under all week and it should be no problem for me to finish strong Friday night on that one, too. Go team! :D
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I workout to deal with stress and anxiety! I run or cycle or using the punching bag or jump rope!! I find after a good workout I am much more relaxed and can let things go. Also, since I have started Yoga on a regular basis I am able to deal better with the stress and tend to let things go easier and faster! I hope things get better soon for you!

Yes, exercise is a lifesaver. I tend to lose my appetite when stressed, so eating isn't a solution for me. I run, hike or take a nap when the world starts getting to me. Lifting weights is another great stress buster. And I heartily agree with the yoga. It's amazing!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    We are almost to Hawaii!! I can't wait until we make it there. I did manage to get the videos completed this morning and got some minutes in. I will hopefully get more minutes in this evening when we get stopped for the night unless I am too beat! Busy morning to get on the road then will have all the time in the world once we are driving so will catch up on some comments then!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @energyseeker I ended up moving her to the garage to throw her temper tantrum. It was colder then cold outside so gave her her coat and shoes. She was done about 15 minutes later, then she passed out on the kitchen floor.

My son seems to be doing better, held food down last night, and said he wanted to try and go to school. I managed to finish all the videos yesterday, and even with chocolate chip cookies I stayed under calories. Woot one more day, and I will have finished all of the challenges this week.

Go team 2!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Good morning team 2 it Tami here
    I finished my videos, I walk outside 30 min 2x daily M-F. Have been under my calories 4 times this week today will make 5. I went to the gym and did over head press & dead lifts some how I hurt my left shoulder and right lower back. I am still moving just not at the pace I am use to . I turned 51 last week and am feeling every bit my age as the weather turns cold outside ...ugh time to retire ( in 7 years) and move to Arizona or Kauai . When I was 17 years old graduated from high school went to Kauai with my parents. My dad & I actually hike the 22 mile napale coast in & out same day took us from dawn to dark ( 1.5hrs past dark) lol but it was fun . Went again 2 summers ago with my son (now 14) and hiked the 4 miles in to the falls absolutely beautiful. Will definitely be going back
    Hope everyone has a great weekend
    I am on call all thanksgiving week so I hope our challenges are easier...TGIF
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Hey teammates! Just started a ‘Keep Myself Accountable For My First Half’ Instagram page. :o I’m probably going to need a lot of encouragement. Haha! If anybody wants to join my little journey…. veronica_is_running

Just signed up to Instagram just to be able to follow you and hope to help you along your training journey!! :)
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hey teammates! Just started a ‘Keep Myself Accountable For My First Half’ Instagram page. :o I’m probably going to need a lot of encouragement. Haha! If anybody wants to join my little journey…. veronica_is_running

Just signed up to Instagram just to be able to follow you and hope to help you along your training journey!! :)

How awesome!! :smiley: Thank you!!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I got my miles done... I actually did about 7 miles in the last couple of days. I dropped my car off for new tires so i walked to the gym and back again on Wednesday. Yesterday I had to go to the DMV so I walked there too! I always forget how much I like walking in the cool crisp fall mornings. I went for a short jog today too, so i'm actually at 9 miles total ;-)

I did the Muve video's but i'm not really a fan :/ I love to dance but these videos just didn't do it for me.

As for the logging and staying under calories... Too be honest, I didn't check in until Tuesday so I didn't log those two days. I've been logging ever since though and i've stayed under. Its all gonna come down to Sunday's dinner! We have Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's this Sunday. Hopefully I can use a little discipline but i'm not sure I can avoid the temptation of Deep Fried Turkey!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Well, still have tons to catch up on....sorry. You would think with a full day in the car I'd have had tons to say. I was very tired though and kept wanting to fall asleep when I would try to do stuff on the phone or my sudoku. I did end up doing a little more exercise when we got to the hotel while waiting for our food. While I still went over on my calories, I did make some choices I was quite pleased with. I have gotten to where I will do a fruit and yogurt parfait at McDonalds instead of hash browns or fries (with one exception this last week....I blame the stress for that one! lol). We also ordered delivery Pizza place for dinner and I got a veggie sub and a Greek salad which I was able to eat without any dressing. I have still faltered a little and will definitely be doing more of that in the week to come. But that's life, right?! Lol. Hope everyone had a great week and will have an awesome weeekend!! Oh, and BTW....we made it to Hawaii!!! Congrats, guys!! Let's keep pushing and do what we can...one of these weeks we might even manage 1st.. you never know! :D
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Well, I've started boredom eating. :#
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Got my miles in today! My walk was very cold. I forgot my hat, mitts and scarf .... brrrr!! I ended up walking total of 5.25miles! Warming up with some hot chocolate and marshmallows!!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    All challenges complete! I struggled with the walking/hiking one but finally got it done this evening. I don't remember who said they hated the muve dances, but call me crazy, I LOVE them. Well I love the music anyway, especially the 2nd and 4th ones. I think I'm going to continue to use them as warm up for my at home workouts.

At my 6 week checkup this week I got clearance to begin exercising with only 2 warnings, no ab work and stop if/when I feel pain in my pelvic region. So I hope this coming week's challenge won't be too hard for me.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Over on my calories today, my mom cooked supper for me and too hard to say no or count up calories on her homemade chicken soup and apple pie. If I stay under tomorrow I will complete the challenge. Also need to hike 2 miles tomorrow to finish my hiking challenge. I don't work tomorrow so should be doable for hike.
    @jamaicanlady Definately follow doctors orders, let your body heal and don't worry about not completing challenges.
    Congrats to team members who were able to complete all the challenges.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, its been a crazy, busy, crappy work week. I did manage to get my exercising in but i think it was more just to avoid throwing my computer through the window. I am just now able to sit down and update my numbers for the week on the spreadsheet so sorry that I had all blanks up to now.
    The dancing (Muving) was a challenge for me since there were 5 videos, i managed to squeeze the last of them in this morning right before my second hike of the week. I have taken 2 hikes already, the first was 3.69 miles, today's was 4.75 miles. Tomorrow I am aiming for an 8 walk along the beach with my sister. We both have been looking forward to this walk all week.

Alright everyone off to bed i go, have a good night.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Hope that hot chocolate warmed you up, Jo!!
    Tameika - you might also go check out the week where we went to Kyoto Japan. That week had something called radio something but it was little calisthenics videos that were also a very nice warm up. As Kim said, please make sure to follow doctors orders and do not press too much. The last thing you need is to injure yourself as it will only delay getting back into this.
    Kim - I hate how hard it is to log when you do not know exact calorie counts. Since I have restarted with MFP this year, I have made it priority to log everything to the best of my ability and that is one of my greatest frustrations. On days like those, I just log to the best of my ability and if I'm taking a stab in the dark I'll try to use one of the suggestions that seems middle of the road. Have fun on your hike today!
    Bri - good to hear from you. I was starting to get worried..lol. Sorry to hear it was such a crappy week. I hate when the stress of life is so bad that it almost feels unbearable. Amazing job getting so many minutes in despite all that!! Hope you and your sis have an amazing walk down the beach today!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    We finally got settled in yesterday afternoon/evening. After running to grocery store and stuff we finally ordered some delivery food for dinner. After that we went for a short walk down the beach and got in 0.58 miles. This morning after having some coffee we went out with the intention of getting in a couple miles to make it easier this afternoon to finish the hiking challenge but we ended up walking further and longer so we were able to get in the rest of the needed miles!! Yeah!!
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Outdoor hiking challenge done. 28 degrees Fahrenheit brrrr. I will be under calorie goal today. Have supper figured out and will have plenty of calories left if I want a light snack. This will be day 5 of 5. After this weeks challenge I will be adding exercise calories into my daily goal as I have met my goal weight and I just need to maintain and add muscle strength. Also got in extra exercise minutes early today hope all this helps pull us up a bit in rankings this week.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Huge CONGRATS on making your goal weight Kim!!!! :)
    I have been able to get in a lot of extra walking today, so I am super happy. We went to look at a sand sculpture competition and had to park further away so I tracked the walk to and from. For dinner, we ordered carry out from a close place so we walked there to pick it up so I tracked that. Then, after dinner, we walked to a gas station so I tracked the walk there and back. I am loving this. Hopefully I can get in more days like this while we are down here. :p
  • lbenson2006
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Was going to try to upload a pic but it looks like my phone is not cooperating. :(