HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    3/5 days under
    6.88/8 miles
    8/8 videos
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hey team.. been really late in logging nightly so my feed doesnt show I've been under. Gonna double check to make sure that still counts. Right now 4/4 for under. Also not sure why mfp and map my walk didnt sync my walks.. but im 2.5 miles in so 1.5 to go. Videos not started just yet. Havent logged minutes on spreadsheet but will get caight up tomorrow on most of this.
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Morning all....

Completed my 4 miles outside yesterday and updated the spreadsheet.

3/5 logged under my calories

Haven't done the videos yet will this weekend.

Also accomplished my goal of working out more than 30 mins.....

Cheers to a good Friday and weekend.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Morning Team,
    Well, I still haven't done the videos and am short on the hike by 3 miles, BUT...I am 4/5 on the logging and staying under! I will get the other two challenges done. I promise!
    My workouts haven't been all that long either, moving is exhausting! I was in bed before 9 the last couple nights. Today is the big day - its an inservice day - so we will be "all hands on deck" at school and setting up all the classes. Alas...still no library for me, but at least we will be back in our own school and all together again.
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Hi all.....things going well here. Today should be day 5 of under calories. This is huge for me because lately, I have only been getting 4 days in of the 7 days. Even though we only need 5, I will try for 7.
    Have a great day!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello team!

Completed the 4 miles challenge today.
    3/5 for the under calories challenge. Went Iver by 30 calories yesterday...but I should get this as I'm normally good with this.
    Dance videos 5/8 will do the rest tmrw.

I got in my exercise this morning after my walk but hoping to do at least another 30 minutes or yoga depending on how I feel.
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    So guys, i have been struggling this week. feel so so (wake up and go to bed with horrible ear ache-my weak spot- and sore throat), my morning workouts have not happened (as i don't feel good then, and have been on tylenol-> my usual feeling if i need drugs then my body isn't ready to push it). i think a lot of the blah feeling is lack of exercise, it makes me feel great.

as for the eating m,t,w,th under. Friday was over (sons bday) am aiming for sat under (but add combo (shares close date with grandpa) bday party coming.... lasagna and cake!). if not last chance on sunday.

have done half the dance videos, goal is to complete this. seriously doable, just lacking motivation...i was adding these types of things to my warm up to my weight lifting program, just feel so out of whack that i haven't done them where they fit in so nicely.

Walking... what to say has been practically my only form of exercise, however the majority has not been outdoors (christmas shopping, walking on breaks at work, etc). i power walked laps around play-set and drive way the other day while my son played bulldozer outside in order to try and get those miles in....a mile is really long., particularly when you feel sluggish it can drag on and on...

I have not even watched the 5 min extra credit video... have been saving it to watch while i do my weightlifting program to get the extra....

Feeling like i am definitely not pulling my weight this week, that all the challenges are manageable but i have found them insurmountable.

on the better side, son was so pleased with his bday gift that he woke at 4am refusing to go back to bed "must build thomas track like on the instructions", hence a cup of coffee at 4:30 and time to vent a little here. Might actually feel up to my workout by the time hubby and daughter (who at 2am was having bad dreams and didn't want to sleep either....was up till 3 am with her) wake up-maybe, but that might be pushing it. No tylenol this am yet so that is a good sign, and my sinuses seem to be evacuating (sorry TMI).

Wishing you all the best day and weekend. Congratulations to all those that have managed to push through this week.

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @Cheriels82, don't be hard on yourself. You are doing everything you can under the circumstances. Most people would do nothing and not even feel guilty because, after all, they are sick!

Did 55 minutes outside in the rain with my Learn to Run clinic. Have surpassed the 8 mile mark so I will add my points now. Day 5 of the under calories may have to be Sunday, as I am going to the Keg Steakhouse for dinner!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options

[quote="Cheriels82;38196087

Feeling like i am definitely not pulling my weight this week, that all the challenges are manageable but i have found them insurmountable.

[/quote]

I am 100% with you. My husband and I have both been sick, late night play practices and the play this weekend, end of the marking period grading...I feel so exhausted I can't get anything else done. But I feel terrible because I haven't been working out and like you said, these challenges were really doable. I'll have a new commitment next week. Sorry guys.
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey team! I started out with having motivation at the beginning of the week and by the middle I lost that motivation :/

I will not get the calorie challenge in unfortunately. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were all busts. Trying to do better with that for today and tomorrow even though I won't be able to get the challenge points.

I do plan to finish the video challenge and the walking challenge. If I do 3 videos today and 3 tomorrow, I should be good for that. Also I have walked 3 miles outside and plan to do my last mile tomorrow.

I'm going to get as much exercise as I can in today and tomorrow to help you guys out.
  • Cheriels82
    Options
    Wow @sandkp congrats on the achievement, my kids are still small and not that involved in sports yet. but having come from a family who horse back rides competitively i know those achievements are hard achieved.

I managed to finally put in a workout this am, and was so pleased with myself, did the last videos needed of the muve to get the challenge points, and watched the info video while doing my weights. haven't finished logging for today so might be under/ might be slightly over, but will buckle down to get that one tomorrow. so very uncertain that the 4miles will happen, am only 2/3rds of the way on it and tomorrow is a full rain day here.... we shall see
    let's keep moving.
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    @sandkp - that is wonderful about your son. I love those mom moments. :)

I am sorry to hear that many of you are struggling with illness, injuries, and just plain ol' life getting in the way. Remember to take time for yourself.....even if it is only 5 minutes in the morning of breathing and thinking about your day. Your health is too important. I let my kids, work, family commitments, extra curricular activities, etc be a priority over my health and was pre diabetic with very high cholesterol. My stress levels were so high, my dr was concerned. I learned to balance everything and take at least 30-60 minutes every day for me, and my kids/husband get it. They see how much better I am as a mom and wife. My co-workers see how I am more productive, too. You all deserve this, as well. Please take care of yourselves.

Have a wonderful rest of the night and a great Sunday.

• RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Holy no time for anything, Batman!
    So sorry I've been absent this week everyone! I've been working longer hours, a constant headache all week of varying degrees (two nights were migraines and I had to just go to bed)... the good news is that the nights I went to bed with my head I didn't have dinner so there's some calories saved lol, and I've been having more smoothies, and taking avocado and boiled eggs for my work lunches (I loooove avocado, just scoop it right out of the skin, noms.)

The very good news is that I've somehow managed to lose 2.6lbs this week! After last week's 1lb gain it's technically 1.6lb loss but I'm 1.7lbs away from having a 23- in front of my number which is my challenge goal! I wonder if it's too early to try and shoot for a 22-? Maybe next challenge.

Anywhooo... I'll be mega busy again next week but I won't be sleeping on the challenge (unless I get a migraine lol), I'll still be plugging away!
    I have completed my miles outside and still working on everything else, which I will do after my optician appointment (see if there's a reason there for my headaches)

Keep up the good work everyone! x
  • summ72
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Morning all.....

I need to log today under calories to be 5 out of 5 so I will do that. I was under calories on Friday I just forgot to get it all logged in time. :( did manage to increase my exercise from last week. Which is a good thing.....I know times for everyone is busy and I appreciate the team for the amount of dedication we do give. Keep up the good work......

Next week will be tough with the holiday and traveling.....I plan to be in the sunny Florida Keys visiting with family will do my best on exercise but can't guarantee anything.
  • Cheriels82
    Options
    Just entered my morning workout, think today is going to be a good day. BTW we need 130 some more minutes to make it to the destination (somehow i think we are the only team not there yet...) we can do it, lets go guys!
  • RunRaineyRun
    RunRaineyRun Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yay we are finally in Hawa-iiii!
    I'll get the coconuts, you grab the grass, we got some skirts to make! :p
  • summ72
    Options
    Evening everyone.

Just wrapped up last week 60 mins of exercise today and under my calories...

Let's get this party started next week. My goal is to try and get on the treadmill 1st thing in the morning tomorrow...

Night all
  • glossysweetums
    glossysweetums Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Slacked a bit this week. Feel like my week was hectic. I spent a ton of time outside of the house dealing with car stuff, DMV stuff, tons of errands to get ready for a friendsgiving evening that I hosted that took place last night, and on top of that I have been abnormally tired at the end of the evening and couldn't stay up very long and that is often my extra time to workout, especially when I am out all day with my little one running around.

Anyways I put my numbers in and I only completed the first challenge. It's actually been a little cooler here in Florida that is usually is so it's been nice to really enjoy the outside.

Didn't get around to doing number 2 and number 3 I honestly ate out quite a bit this week and just didn't motivate myself enough to follow it. Look forward to next weeks destination and everything should be back to almost normal for me this week as well