TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I also struggled this week in terms of getting much exercising in. Didn't meet the hiking challenge, but, I did complete 2 & 3! Really proud about the logging and staying under! Was 83 calories over on friday, (grr) but stayed under on saturday to get 5 days under! Managed to do the dances friday and saturday before work - yes...worked on saturday to help get the school ready for classes on monday!! So happy to be back in our school. I still don't have my library which will be a challenge for the year, but it is better than what its been for the last two months. Here's to getting back into routine!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    AMAZING RACE PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!
    WE ARE STILL WORKING ON NEXT WEEK'S DESTINATION.
    WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT IS READY.
    THE SPREADSHEET WILL BE UP SOMETIME TOMORROW. NO GUARANTEE OF WHEN.
    IN THE MEANTIME, JUST STAY ACTIVE! <3
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    WEEK SIX DESTINATION IS UP! :)
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    WEEK 6 SPREADSHEET IS UP!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Good morning, team! We're off to New York!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am very thankful for my loved ones, they make bad times easier and the good times great. xox
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    So, New York is 5002 miles away from Hawaii. Divided by 18 (cautious number of participants) is 278 minutes of exercise per person minimum.

Since I am still "learning to run" a 5K, I did a 5.51K Pilgrim Promenade around town. The temperature is just below freezing with the wind chill (strong northwest winds). There are a few snowflakes in the air but every now and again the sun popped out. I wore a ball cap and ear muffs and put my head down through the wind. One challenge done and 50 minutes of exercise for the team!

I am thankful for so many things. I am going to think about my response and write something later.

• BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I am feeling so much better and off to a great start this week! I ran a mile and a half today, plus waking a warm up and cool down, stretching, and under calories. Plus the day isn't over, so maybe I'll try a little more tonight. Possibly some Rockette stretches? Sorry again I didn't pull my weight last week but I'm totally on it this week!
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    yup one full set of rocket stretches done here also, and aim to do every other day (added to my warm up for weight lifting). feeling good vibes this week.

My kids are good and sick (daughter home from school today), my son has goop coming out his eyes ), but try and keep them inside, ha with a good foot of snow out there impossible. hopefully they will have (and me too then) a decent night, and be well on the mend tomorrow.

Looks like we are off to a great start as a team (and not in last place for this leg so far!)
    lets keep moving.
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I want to apologize for not getting the 1st two challenges completed last week. I couldn't take any vitamins/supplements for a week for calcium testing on Wed and not having meds for 1 day for bloodwork also threw me out of whack for a few days! I had 468 minutes last week and plan to do more this week. Also in the process of packing to move back to LV, yippy!!! I'm ready to get out of this freezing cold weather! @HASWLRS, thank you for the reminder last night and great job on your run! B)
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my life. I have a loving husband, 3 crazy/healthy kids, amazing in laws and parents, cutest dogs and turtle in the world, money to pay bills, cars are running, house is cozy and warm, and I can honestly say that I LOVE my job. I am so blessed with this life.
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Hi all- I did my 5k today. I need to start the rocket workout and will do so tomorrow. I love everyone's positivity for the week.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, slow start to my week...again. Was out last night until 10 visiting a friend I hadn't seen in awhile. Our team seems pumped and ready to rock and roll this week! That's great!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I agree! There's a lot of positive energy on here! Let's ride the wave!!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello Team!

Good to see a great start!

I did my 5K this morning outside as the weather was mild. I also got in one set of the stretches yesterday and like @Cheriels82 planning to add to my warm up every other day.

I will update the spreadsheet later tonight.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful for my family - my husband who is probably the only person who puts up with all my nonsense yet cheers me, motivates me and always brings out the best in me, my children who are sweet and loving, my parents and sisters who are caring and supportive of me always.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Some of you have noticed our new team mate, @BobbGrandsard. He has found his way to the spreadsheet, so I think he is here to stay! Send him a friend request when you get a second to make him feel welcome!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I am truly thankful that my husband and I got to celebrate 25 years of marriage recently. Ten years ago we were, quite literally, one more bad blow up argument away from calling it quits. I know it sounds cliche, but he is now my best friend. We have so much fun together. I am very thankful for our two sons; they have grown into two very special young men and I can't imagine my life without them. I am thankful that my husband has a good job and provides for his family so that we want for nothing, even though I have been known to complain about all the hours he puts in! I am thankful that I live in a free and democratic society in Canada, a country that I love. Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Ah, thank you, Melanie! I am touched.