5. Back Pedal
    6. Soldier Walks (Monster Walks)
    2/3 Complete

Challenge 3: Be Thankful
    Complete

Minutes:
    Monday: 75
    Tuesday: 75
    I thought with it being a holiday week, I'd have a lot more time for exercising and relaxing... but so far just one thing after another and barely getting home to sleep just to get woken up a million times by my son's CGM alerting me to high blood sugars. I'm exhausted. Today is my last day at work though, and I'll have a long weekend to get some better minutes in.
    Wednesday:
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I finished the rockettes workout today. It was my sleepin day, but my daughter had her alarm set for 6:07, and let it ring and ring, so I finally got up and did some biking before heading to school. Probably a good thing I did. We have student led conferences this week at school. I have 32 families to meet with, and so by the time I got home last night, I was ready for bed. I know it will be the same tonight!

@rusgolden beautiful family picture. Was that your son getting married? He looks like you!
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    @rusgolden beautiful family picture. Was that your son getting married? He looks like you!

Thank you, and yes, it was my son. They got married this past June and my daughter is getting married this coming May. I'm excited for them, but dang, it makes me feel old! Lol.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    rusgolden wrote: »
    Mrscanmore wrote: »

Thank you, and yes, it was my son. They got married this past June and my daughter is getting married this coming May. I'm excited for them, but dang, it makes me feel old! Lol.

I've gotten over the feeling old thing. I had serious empty-nester syndrome for awhile. Now that my sons are married, even with 2 grandkids and one on the way, I actually feel younger than I did when they were growing up and giving me anxiety, sleepless nights and gray hair! LOL

In other words, time to concentrate on me and the husband for a change and enjoy life!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Week 6 - New York, New York!

Challenge 1: Turkey trot 5K
    Completed 11/21 (in the very cold rain and wind with 2 equally nutty and damp friends)
    We're planning to do the "Run for Your Nuts" 5K on December 3rd, but haven't registered. The online registration is only a 50 cent savings (whee!) and there's no refund. I'll spend a dollar extra for 2 people for the reassurance that we wouldn't lose our money if something comes up.

Challenge 2: Train like a Rockette x 3

2/3 Complete

Challenge 3: Be Thankful
    I have so very much to be thankful for this year. Primarily, the love and support of an amazing man who is so many things to me and has been by my side for over 38 years, through good times and bad, in sickness and in health. We pretty much grew up together so there have been some rocky times here and there but we've worked through them. I look forward to many more years of fun and interesting times as we continue to learn and grow. I'm thankful for my children, their wives and my grandkids (2 littles and 1 on the way soon). I'm thankful for my home and the blessings of electricity, clean air and water, a decent car, and bountiful food. My friends both in person and online have provided so much support and are very much appreciated, as well. My Fab 5 teammates are amazing and I am grateful and hopeful for another Amazing Race challenge to come!
    Complete

Minutes/Miles:
    Monday: 150
    Tuesday: 160
    Wednesday: 10
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1: Turkey Trot 5K - completed this morning on treadmill.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Fab Five, way to crank it out despite the holiday week (some teams look like they didn't even show up this week)! Leading in minutes, and rocking the challenge points!! Well done teamies!!

I had intended to do a bit more today (like get in another round of the Rockettes workout), but lady issues kept me from leaving the heating pad for too long...but one of my friends called me this evening, so while I was talking to her on the phone, I jumped on my glider to get a "few" exercise minutes...and well, she can talk...a lot...so I got over 4.5 miles done in 75 minutes. So, much better than what it was looking like earlier today. But I'll work on the Rockettes workout challenge tomorrow or Friday.

And thought this logo felt more 'fall' like since it was in orange...and clearly, we're superstars, so it's a perfect one for this week!
    183336_orig.jpg
  • Mrscanmore
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I put the girls to bed after our student led conferences and jumped back on bike for another 30 minutes :smiley:
  • rusgolden
    Options
    Not much exercise for me today... just a 45 minute run, which I felt like my butt was dragging and not sure if it was because I had spent the previous 5+ hours driving. @b3achy love the new logo! @RaeBeeBaby - I agree, being fit has definitely helped not feeling so old...
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi team .
    challenge 1 .. 5k turkey trot done .
    challenge 3 .. be thankfull i'm thankful everyday for my husband and family and my good health my home. as i see such devastating things on the news .

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hope all in the US have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and all of the Fab Five have a wonderful Thankful Thursday...
    287224-Thankful-Thursday.jpg
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WEEK SIX: “NEW YORK, NEW YORK!”

CHALLENGE #1: “Turkey Trot Time!” (10 points)
    Completed Tues., 11/22

*** CHALLENGE #2: “PERFORM WITH THE ROCKETTES”
    Will knock out, at least, a round of these today.

*** CHALLENGE #3: “Freedom From Want” (5 POINTS)
    Completed Tues., 11/22

MINUTES/MILES
    21 Nov. 60 minutes walking
    22 Nov. 196 minutes
    23 Nov. 175.5 minutes (140.5 minute walk +
    25 minutes days 22, 30 Day Abs + Legs + Glutes Challenge + 10 minutes stretching)
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, got in my 5K. It is getting cold here in the Midwest so I decided to do the 5K on my treadmill. I did each of the 6 stretches one time. I will finish it up tomorrow and Saturday :)

I am grateful for my family, our health, our family home and our jobs. Many other things as well, these are just the ones I am thinking of right now. <3
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »

I'm thankful for what I have and being able to live in the moment. I used to live in the negativity of the past, and fear the future. But I began to enjoy what was happening in the present this past winter after a health scare. I no longer 'want' items like I used to, I now 'want' fun experiences in life.

This exactly! Words to live by!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Challenge 3

I am thankful- for my husband (the best) we will be married for 38 years next month ( when I hit 40 ) I want to go to New York for anniversary Dec. 20
    Also for my daughter and son-in law who are blessed with our two amazing grand children.
    Health- I had to go today for my last ultra sound, I had a cyst on my neck and because of having an ultra sound completed they found many nodules, biopsy was inconclusive to operate or keep checking through ultra sounds. Fingers crossed for next week when I get the results.
    MFP. they have helped me along the way to reach my goals.

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Prayers for complete health @sue_01.
  • Mrscanmore
    Options
    I finished my turkey trot this morning. Still very icy out, but we did it
  • rusgolden
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    Challenge 1: completed 5k
    Challenge 2: completed rockettes routines
    Challenge 3:

I'm thankful for what I have and being able to live in the moment. I used to live in the negativity of the past, and fear the future. But I began to enjoy what was happening in the present this past winter after a health scare. I no longer 'want' items like I used to, I now 'want' fun experiences in life.
    I'm happy with what I have, and the only wishes that remain are ongoing: good health for family, friends, and all animals.

Tuesday exercise minutes: 281 minutes
    Wednesday exercise minutes: 210 minutes

Minutes and challenge points added.