TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've been walking / hiking in the hills behind our house with my wife lately... here are some pics I took along the way... everything is brown because of the extreme dry spell we've been going through in Southern California. A month from now it'll all be green!!apa3rt7y7i24.jpg
    y6jsuolx39kf.jpg
    y70x549mmlw7.jpg
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Day 2 under calories!!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Jen - congrats on the gym membership! Hope you guys enjoy it! Awesome job getting in so many stairs.

Alissa - sorry you came down with a bug. That is a huge bummer but glad you are feeling better already. I was starting to get a cough and sneezy on our vacation and thought I was not going to get sick and all of a sudden started getting a sore throat this morning. :'(

Jenilla - all I can say is...AMAZING!! :)

Mark - thanks for sharing pics. It is always nice to see where people are from. If you haven't looked back, our first week we had to make introductions and several people shared photos. It is really neat!

Jo - great job. I'm two for two also!! Woohoo! That's quite the accomplishment for me lately! Lol
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Morning folks.

@jenilla1 way to kill those stairs! The dancing one should be easy as long as no one minds if we have no rhythm. I know I don't have any.

@twinmom_112002 Glad you are feeling better. :)

@joanna2012 and @lbenson2006 Great job under calories. I did day two yesterday as well.

I am excited about the gym, but won't be able to go until Friday. I thought about going in without the BF, but he would be upset if I didn't go with him at least for the very first time.
    Tonight we are putting up the Christmas tree. I am so excited, I love this time of year. Will probably be doing our family baking day in a couple of weeks, and then I will be in trouble.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    A coworker had a cookie exchange and brought in a bunch of treats. :# I was able to avoid yesterday, but now with feeling not so hot today I caved. And I'm thinking of skipping the gym. Very frustrating!! Still have about 50 minutes to decide about the gym though.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @lbenson2006 Go to the gym! You will feel better. I don't want to go freeze my butt off outside, but I have stairs to do, and we need you! What kind of captain would you be? (trying to guilt you into going, is it working?)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    :s. Yes!!! Darn you!!! Lol. That's probably partly why I posted. I know I shouldn't skip but it's so hard to talk yourself into it.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    There now...had decided at a minimum I could walk the treadmill. Did decide that I would do a stair master if they had it...but they don't. :'(
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Glad it worked. I figured that was why you were posting. Good job!

I did my walk/stairs. Only did about half the stairs I did the two days before. For some reason I felt very sluggish. When I was done I got in about 100 steps more than I do when I normally walk without stairs, and my average heart rate was up by about 15 points. Weird. I will take it though.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Doh! I have a measly 12 stairs to go up and down. 12...I should have done them at lunch.
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    @jenilla1 I almost wish it was a green smoothie challenge since I have one almost everyday anyway.

@jdelaroy Yes I'm being super careful and taking it really slow. Yay on finding a gym. I know some persons prefer to work out at home, but I am NOT one of them. Well, maybe if I had a well decked out home gym with all the bells and whistles...

@lbenson2006 Good for u getting to the gym even when u didn't really want to.

I was supposed to go to the gym yesterday but something came up. Decided then to do 3 days instead of 4, but just realized I have to get my stairs in and since I can't do it for long periods at a time, I HAVE to break it up into 4 days. Which means I'll have to go to the gym tonight when hubby gets off work. Not an ideal situation, but it can't be helped. Don't want to miss any of the challenges this week.
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Took me 43 minutes on the stairmaster to finish all 127 flights. I wanted to get a nice, round number to log, so I went a few extra flights and made it to 45 minutes. I wasn't sure I would finish because usually that stair machine kills me, but it was surprisingly easy today, so I just went for it! I did get a little sweaty, though. One challenge down, two to go! B)

You must have inspired me. I did all my stairs yesterday but it was NOT easy :) i had a cup of coffee in the afternoon and decided I'd do 1/2 the stairs but while doing it I decided I didn't want to do stairs again this week so did all of them.
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    @lbenson2006 Go to the gym! You will feel better. I don't want to go freeze my butt off outside, but I have stairs to do, and we need you! What kind of captain would you be? (trying to guilt you into going, is it working?)

Ha! That's what friends are for?!?
  • Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    50 minutes on the treadmill + 10 extra points for watching those music videos... never did like that song. Not a Simon and Garfunkel fan. Also, completed watching / trying my best to follow along with the videos. Pathetic as it was!!! But I did it!!! Going to Hollywood on Saturday to complete the stair challenge. Found a nice hike through a bunch of "secret" stairs that lead you up through the original Hollywood neighborhoods. Can't wait for that!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Mark_ wrote: »
    ..Going to Hollywood on Saturday to complete the stair challenge. Found a nice hike through a bunch of "secret" stairs that lead you up through the original Hollywood neighborhoods. Can't wait for that!

That sounds so cool! I'm curious what it looks like. Take a couple pics while you're there and post it here for us.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi guys!! getting to check in mid week.
    Welcome Mark to the gang. Another SoCal member !!! Woot!!

Team I have a little bad news.. I am not going to be able to get in the stairs this week, I have just way to much going on and family coming to town this weekend for a brief visit. I have no easy access to stairs and no time to adventure to get some in. Sorry guys :(

I am trying to work in a little exercise during my days. walked the dog this morning cause he was going to drive me to kill him if I did not
    Puppy energy!!! Vet tried to tell me my almost 1 year old puppy weighs 96 pounds.. I don't believe them.. ugh!!! he got big to fast..
    @twinmom_112002 the joys you get to look forward to!!!
  • sabreena86
    sabreena86 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hi guys , how are you
    i'm doing good in the gum , 3 days under calories , 360 steps up & 360 steps down , i'll do the second challenge by Friday inshallah
    good luck for all of you
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    3 days under calories!! @sabreena86 good to see you back at it! @Mark_ looking forward to seeing the pic of those steps! I will have to do the stairs this weekend! I had to let my calves heal from the stairs I did on the weekend!!! :D
    I'll get the videos done before the week is done!!
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Woo! I finished the dreaded stairs. It actually wasn't too bad. I broke them down into smaller increments and was able to get them done in 3 days. Oh yeah! Now to figure out how to get the videos done. My internet at home is spotty at best, and drives me absolutely nuts.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Tameika - hope you were able to get to the gym last night. If not, you never know, maybe it will be possible to get the stairs down to 3 days. I have stairs at home and at work, so so far I've just been counting my normal routine steps. I will definitely have to get some dedicated stairs walking in though to finish the challenge.

Kim and Jen - great job getting the stairs challenge done so quickly!! That'll give you some sense of relief. :p

Mark - have fun doing your stairs. Doing them in a place that's more scenic would make it a lot more fun. Post pictures so we can all live vicariously! Lol. For some of us, we are already too cold to even want to go outside. Yuck!! I am not a winter person at all!!

Bri - good luck with the monster pup!! Don't feel bad about not getting the stairs in. There's no way every one of us can get in all the bonus challenges every week, we just do our best. That just gives me more motivation to try to make sure I get all my points to help offset. That's what teamwork is all about. :) Gives me more incentive to work hard on the nutritional challenge.

Hey, Sabreen!! Good job getting a good chunk of your stairs done. Good luck on the rest.

Jo - I'm 3 for 3 too!! Woohoo!! Was quite shocked I was able to accomplish that yesterday with the darn cookies!!

I didn't get up this morning to workout because I figured I felt too bad. Ended up deciding to stay home all together today. Trying to rest up and hopefully feel better tomorrow. I might have to log a 0 but if I feel a tad better later, I may walk up and down my stairs to get some of them in and get some minutes. I'm thinking that might not be too strenuous if I just walk them. Who knows!!