100% Challenge - Mon 5/23 to Until - Join Anytime!

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

11/15/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 48 degrees this morning , I have walked 8,449 steps. The weather forecast is for warmer today, even more warmth on Friday and warmer still Saturday. Up to around 65 for Saturday as of this mornings forecast highs. Colder on Sunday with Precipitation moving in.

I need to go for Breakfast shortly and then Remove more of the Kitchen Tile. Some of it comes up easy and some is really secured.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/17/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 42 degrees this morning , I have walked 8,778 steps + 1 cent.

Tomorrow is Lunch with friends at the local Thai Food place.
    Seen on the Local Cable news channel this morning, Another bad bet paid off :)
    Trump Stamp: Iowa Man Gets Tattoo on Lower Back After Losing Bet.
    http://whotv.com/2016/11/16/trump-stamp-man-gets-trump-tattoo-on-lower-back-after-losing-bet/
    Editor's Note: Content and language in video below may not be suitable for all viewers
    DAVENPORT, Iowa – Zach Cobert supports Bernie Sanders - but it's Donald Trump whose leaving the biggest imprint on his life.

"Oh my God, what am I doing here?"
    Zach is settling a bet with a buddy. He promised to get a tattoo of Donald Trump on his body if Trump won the election. "Oh snap, today's the day."
    Let the ink flow: "You guys wanted this."
    In the era of social media, Zach went to a tattoo artist and posted every mark and every drawn wisp of Donald Trump's hair live on Facebook. "I'm thinking about my life, how it went wrong, now I'm getting a Trump stamp."
    The picture was picked by his Facebook followers. So was the location: on Zach's lower back.
    "The stupidest thing I've done for views." No argument from his girlfriend.
    "I'm not happy with it," said Jenni Gang. "No. I have to look at it forever."
    Other people at 3-D Skin Lab have their doubts, but a bet's a bet.
    "It's something that I would do so I can't call it too stupid," said fellow customer Josh.
    You can question the sanity, but not the commitment.
    Zach sat in place for hours as the tattoo took shape. And it's not done yet - he has to return to have it finished.
    All this for something he really doesn't want. "I just wish I was getting a normal tattoo, something I wanted."
    And it may make him re-think future bets. Well, maybe.
    "If I keep losing bets, maybe I'll keep going."

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/18/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 44 degrees this morning , I have walked 8,778 steps + 1 cent.

Today is Lunch with friends at the local Thai Food place, wish me luck making wise choices :)

Yesterday while I was at the Christmas Tree Shop
    http://www.christmastreeshops.com/
    I picked up a jar of Knotts Berry Farm Boysenberry Jelly. I used to love their Boysenberry Pies when we visited there.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knott's_Berry_Farm
    Knott's Berry Farm is a 160-acre (65 ha) amusement park in Buena Park, California.

Have a Great Saturday
    Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/19/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It was showing 38 degrees and very breezy this morning and as I started walking up the street I see that in addition to the extremely loud Thunderstorm before midnight, loud enough to wake my brother and I out of a sound sleep that we had some snow overnight. Not much but noticeable in some yards with the grass sticking up through it and on some of the cars, not all cars strangely. I have only walked 6.8K steps due to the wind that at times blew hard enough I had to lean into it.

No Saturday Lunch at the Thai food Restaurant :( One of the participants had car trouble, Tire was flat and ruined so we are rescheduled for next Saturday, after Thanksgiving, Oh well.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/20/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It was showing 37 degrees and still breezy this morning and a few stray flakes of snow.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/21/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It was showing 37 degrees today the same as yesterday and still breezy this morning. The wind chill makes it uncomfortable walking. I hit 11K steps yesterday between the mornings walk and the bank stop on the way to CostCo and shopping at CostCo :)
    There was one pair of people at the CostCo that had two shopping carts piled with their large pies. One Cart was Pumpkin Pies and the Other with lots of Apple Pies. I wondered what they were going to do with all of them, My brother suggested that they were probably going to be handed out with Thanksgiving meals which makes sense.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/22/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It was showing 34 degrees and a occasional puff of wind this morning and it was OK walking. I hit 8,211 steps + 1 Cent on the mornings walk. I spent $8.25 after the Senior Discount at the Supermarket on my walk. I picked up a few last minute items for my brother, Mostly. A couple of cans of Evaporated Milk, some Yellow Onions, Lettuce etc.
    Today will be more baking, Yesterday we dropped off two homemade Sweet Potato Pies for taste feedback on which recipe is better, The Alton brown one or the one by Dave Lieberman. Alton's uses a regular pie crust and is topped with Chopped Pecans and Dave's uses a Graham Cracker Crust, We varied that by making it with a Ginger Snap Cookie Crust as a variation :)

Today's baking will be a Pumpkin Pie for our Holiday pie and maybe a loaf of beer bread. A very Simple but tasty recipe. The alternative to the beer bread is Biscuits to go with the Leftover Turkey Gravy as well as with the Holiday Meal.

Now that the Dried Fruits have been delivered it is nearly time for my brother to bake the Alton Brown's Recipe Fruit Cake that gets handed out to friends. It is so much better than the ones You get commercially. This is the one that even his friends that normally do not like or eat fruit cake love.

I hope everybody is ready for the Holiday :)
    Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/23/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It was showing 41 degrees and a occasional stray rain drop and it was OK walking however. I hit 8,434 steps + 1 Cent today too, that makes 4 cents since last last Friday.

The Pumpkin Pies are done, and the Turkey is cooked and sitting in the oven to slowly cool off, the snack tray items with Sweet Gherkins, Celery, Carrots are cut up and in a Ziploc bag. It looks like it will be Biscuits to go with the Leftover Turkey Gravy as well as with the Holiday Meal. The plan is to quarter the Red Potatoes and mash them with the skin on.

So today's menu:
    Turkey, Bread Stuffing that has some dices Celery and Diced Onion and Butter cooked in with it, Mashed Red Potatoes, Home Made Gravy, Biscuits, Mixed Frozen vegetables, Pumpkin Pie with Home made whipped Cream :) Snack Tray of Vegetables including Black Olives and of Course Home Made Cranberry Sauce that was made the other day.

Today's Breakfast is a Banana and a Chocolate NS protein Shake. We eat the Main holiday meals sometime after noon so that will be the next food, Then Leftovers for Dinner.

I hope everybody is ready for the Holiday :)
    Have a Great Thanksgiving
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/24/2016 Not 100%
    Thanksgiving Day :)

Hi
    It was showing 45 degrees a bit warmer than yesterday. I only walked 6,039 steps on this walk as I was feeling a bit under the weather.

My mistake with the weather Station was not mentioning that It would be obvious if it was damaged without it being unwrapped :(

I think that I ended up the day better than I expected too, especially since I had most of everything for Lunch and Dinner except the Pumpkin Pie. I'll use that as a Smart Carb for my Snacks today without the Home Made Whipped Cream.

Well before Bedtime the Kitchen was finished, All of the Pans cleaned and put away, Dishes done, Turkey broken down off of the Bones and on a large platter for the Dark meat and Another one for the Breast meat. I know have enough White meat to take me past Christmas when used 2 or 3 ounces a day for a Power Fuel. Today is Vacuum Seal day and Freeze much of the leftover Turkey and Dressing.

In the news the other day. I found it hard to believe personally however here is a link.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/16/us/political-divide-splits-relationships-and-thanksgiving-too.html?_r=0
    WASHINGTON — Matthew Horn, a software engineer from Boulder, Colo., canceled Christmas plans with his family in Texas. Nancy Sundin, a social worker in Spokane, Wash., has called off Thanksgiving with her mother and brother. Ruth Dorancy, a software designer in Chicago, decided to move her wedding so that her fiancé’s grandmother and aunt, strong Trump supporters from Florida, could not attend.

The election is over, but the repercussions in people’s lives may be just beginning as families across the United States contemplate uncomfortable holidays — or decide to bypass them — and relationships among friends, relatives and spouses are tested across the political divide.

Democrats have dug in their heels, and in some cases are refusing to sit across the table from relatives who voted for President-elect Donald J. Trump, a man they say stands for things they abhor. Many who voted for Mr. Trump say it is the liberals who are to blame for discord, unfairly tarring them with the odious label of “racist” just because they voted for someone else.

I hope everybody Had a Great Holiday
    Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/25/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 46 degrees one whole degree warmer than yesterday. I only walked 6,932 steps on this walk.
    I was feeling better later in the day on Friday So I walked to the Dollar Store and Bought a Box of Blueberry Waffles and a box of Blueberry Pancakes and a quart of 1% milk, Use by Date of September 2017. I ended up over 10K steps on the return from that walk :)

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/26/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    It was showing 37 degrees a bit cooler than yesterday. I walked 8,909 steps + 1 Cent. I ended up with 10,022 steps yesterday and too much Thai food. The scale was not happy with me this morning. Now I have to resume and get rid of that extra weight :(

The only left overs I plan to eat are the Turkey breast that I broke down into two day packages of 4.5 Ounces Plus or minus a little. According to http://www.ohpoultry.org/fastfacts/docs/nutrition/Turkey nutrition facts.pdf
    a 3 ounce portion is 120 calories so the 2.25 ounce portion of it will be a good Power Fuel.
    Turkey Nutrition Facts
    A three-ounce serving of boneless, skinless turkey breast contains 26 grams of protein,
    one gram of fat and 0 grams of saturated fat.

A skinless turkey breast has eight percent more protein than the same size serving of
    boneless skinless chicken breast or trimmed top loin beefsteak

I have done most of today's goal, I did my walk and went a little further than usual and am nearly ready to go finish my spread out Breakfast. Banana before the walk, Protein Shake after and in a little while a Sunday treat, a NS Frozen Cinnamon Roll to finish my breakfast :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/27/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 36 degrees a bit cooler than yesterday. I walked 6.8K steps so far since I will be going out later walking again. I had over 10k steps by 3PM yesterday and neglected to see the total steps for the day at the end of the day :)

Today I have started the day off with some banana before I want walking and am now enjoying a NS Vanilla Protein Shake withe rest of that banana blended in.

Saturday I ended up having the Chicken Pad Thai as I have a bit of a sweet tooth and had one of the skewers of Chicken Satay. I thought about having the Chicken PAD SEE-EW or maybe the Chicken Thai Fried Rice. I like their STICKY RICE WITH THAI CUSTARD however I passed on it this time :)

Did I mention that I had a few Raspberries off of the bushes in the garden, I am amazed how long they produced, I hope the last few ripen before the frost eats them instead of me :)

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/28/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 52 degrees somewhat warmer than yesterday. I walked 8K steps. I had over 10k steps by Noon yesterday and neglected to see what the total steps for the day were at the end of the day :(
    The Forecast rain started as I was on the outbound leg of this morning walk. I managed to go one Block before it started with the stray drops of rain, during the walk the rain slowly increased to a light drizzle and then a real light rain. The Heavy rain is in the near future for today and another round of rain tomorrow. We do need it and the forecast is for 1 to 2 inches total.

I had a few more Raspberries off of the bushes in the garden, I am amazed how long they produced, I hope the last few that are hanging in there ripen before the frost eats them instead of me :)

In the weird news segment today:
    People paid Cards Against Humanity more than $100,000 to dig a hole
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/28/people-paid-cards-against-humanity-to-dig-a-hole.html
    The creators of Cards Against Humanity, the "party game for horrible people," raised more than $100,000 and threw it into a hole.

Starting at 1 p.m. ET on Friday, Cards Against Humanity launched its Holiday Hole campaign. For every dollar donated, the company added several seconds to the "dig clock."

While the majority of folks appeared to have donated a meager $5 to the campaign, several people spent more than $1,000 for the "cause."

It is unclear if all of the $100,573 raised went into the equipment rental and labor costs or if the company has any leftover funds for use as it sees fit. The company is slated to release an update about the event soon.

Cards Against Humanity did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.

The company tweeted on Sunday that the "hole got dug," signifying the end of the whole hole digging event.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/29/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 54 degrees slightly warmer than yesterday. I walked 7.5K steps so far. I had over 10k steps by the end of the day :)
    Yesterday was a little over 2 inches of rain and more forecast for later today, We do need it too.

FWIW It is now over 1.5 hours Since I filled the Yeti Insulated Coffee cup at the 7-Eleven and it is still warm enough to drink despite that I added a little ice when I filled it so I could start drinking right away. Cold Coffee is something I never have been able to drink.
    Recipe to use leftover Turkey, a little late I know.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/37784/easy-turkey-tetrazzini/

Some Skills here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwP2QlBbfac&index=27&list=RDqcqtAPge_bI

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • whatsasize8
    whatsasize8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

11/0/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 52 degrees this morning warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 8,954 steps +26 cents. I have still missed changing the time on the clocks in the Basement, those are the ones in the work area and the Wall clock & Digital Clock in the room with that computer :)

I did stop for some Fruit today on my walk, Bananas were 29 cents a pound and the Gala & Fuji Apples were $1.29 a pound FWIW. I had a couple of stray rain drops land on me, So far the forecast rain has not arrived however.

I took along my New Yeti 30 ounce insulated cup for my Coffee refill. Best Cup yet for holding the heat. heavy however as it is All Stainless steel except for the lid that is sealed with a Heavy O-Ring and nice and thick too.

I will say that after using The Yeti for one day, Today, I went on Amazon and ordered a handle for it that should be here Friday. The cup weighs just over 1 pound empty.

http://yeti.com/rambler-30/?gclid=COvX48rim9ACFUhYDQodocYFCQ
    Days on the dock are made better with the Rambler™ 30 oz. Tumbler. It’ll keep your dinnertime drink cool well past sundown or your coffee nice and hot throughout the morning. The Rambler 30 oz. Tumbler is made of 18/8 kitchen-grade stainless steel, has double-wall vacuum insulation, and No Sweat™ Design. Which means that you’ve got one heavy-duty, over-engineered stainless steel tumbler on your hands with the Rambler. It’s dishwasher safe, BPA-free, and ready for just about anything.
    List price is $39.99, It was bought at the Efinger Sporting Goods closing and liquidation sale at a decent discount.

NY Times Presidential Election Results
    http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president
    Presidential Election Results: Donald J. Trump Wins
    Nov. 9, 2016, 8:04 AM ET
    Hillary Clinton 218
    Donald J. Trump 279

Hopefully this is the end of all the pre election drama :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

Good morning, Roger!

I came here to see if you were still around, and pleasantly surprised to see that you were. :) Reading this post I wanted to let you know something my DH discovered. He stumbled across a Yeti sometime in June and loves it. (30 oz tumbler) But then he saw that Walmart carries one that is very similar-looking for $10 (same size). He snagged it too and in doing a side by side comparison with ice (filled both with ice overnight and checked in the morning to see which had maintained its cold better) concluded that both were equal in performance. The one at Walmart is called the Ozark Trail and, other than the logo, it looks just like the 30-oz Yeti. Your handle should fit it, too.

It looks like you've picked up a fitbit or some similar pedometer. How do you like it? My DH is buying me a new fitbit for our anniversary, which is next week. He's getting me either the Alta or the Charge 2. A wrist device would suite me better as my clothing doesn't always have a convenient place to wear a clip-on device. Right now my DS8 is letting me use his fitbit zip.

So...which sweet potato pie was the winner? The Alton Brown one, or the Dave Lieberman one?

I'm so glad to see you still here. :smile: How's your brother doing? Still meeting with the nutritionist? Are you still at your goal? Now that my little one has weaned herself I'm on track (most of the time) and I've lost 10 pounds this past month. I still have 40 lbs to lose to get into my old wardrobe and from there I'll play it by ear. I'm hanging out at the http://losingitafter50.freeforums.net/ and participating in two of the challenge groups there. You are always welcome.

Have a Great Thursday!
    Sonya

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Sonya
    Thank You for that information, I do not go to a Walmart type store very often however I will have to remember to look at that one, a spare that can be used around the house while the other one dries out for the next days use would be handy. Regarding the handle I actually have two :) I bought one via Amazon that was pretty cheap, then found out it was going to be real slow arriving so I bought another one that came in two days and have been using that one and forgot to cancel the first one so two handles and one cup :blush:

When I head out the door I use a Carabiner on my belt and a second one one the cups handle so it is hands free until I fill it and hands free after drinking it all while walking. I have been adding a little Ice to the Coffee in the Yeti to cool it enough to drink right away as I drink it black and unsweetened thus no cooling effect from creamer.

I have had a FitBit Zip over a year now...
    It does what I wanted, that was tracking steps. It was also the least expensive up front, OTOH it is not rechargeable and that means that every so often I have to replace the battery. I first used it clipped into my waistband facing in so I could fold the waistband out and read it right side up :) Then I tried carrying it in my pocket and that works just as well so that is where it has been for the last year of walking.
    The other reason for the Zip is that I have enough rechargeable devices to keep track of as is, iPod, Kindle, Flip Phone and Electric hand warmers.

Both of the Sweet Potato Pies were liked equally so...
    They did like the Ginger Snap crust substitution for the other crumb crust with the one pie however.

I am still here and good news from the scale, I was 1 pound under what I weighed Thanksgiving Morning before the feasting. I am Still at my goal, I was a little under it and bounce up and down.

My Brother is still seeing the Nutritionist and still has a way to go. I do not try and push any diet plan including NS as he will only eat "Real Food" or to put it another way something he cooks. Even his oatmeal is a traditional type, No Quick or instant oatmeal for him.

I can not really see me in a weight loss challenge group these days :) I only keep this one going as a tracking of on or off plan now. And that plan is my modification of the NS 1800 calorie plan where I add a Fresh fruit or some such treat. That treat could also be something like a free Donut from Dunkin Donuts at 250 to 260 calories.

The only one I would have any interest in would be one that was tied into maintaining weight...

It was great hearing from You.

Congratulations on the 10 pounds, I know You will do it now.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/30/2016 100%

Hi
    It was showing 54 degrees the same as yesterday however with a Cold Breeze. I walked 8,660K steps so far. I was near 10k steps by the end of the Yesterday :)
    Yesterday we had more rain and totals for the state are over 3 inches in some parts, lower where I am, We needed it too.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/01/2016 100%

Hi
    Out the door today it was showing 40 degrees a significant cooling off from yesterday. I walked 7K steps so far.

Yesterday I found a few more ripe Raspberries. They just keep ripening from the fruit that set before it got colder :)

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

12/02/2016 100%
    Hi
    Out the door today it was showing 42 degrees a slight warmup from yesterday. I walked 7.5K steps so far. I will be going back out in a while walking up to the bank when they open.
    While walking today one of the Old Time Radio Shows I have been Listening to is the December 25, 1943 episode of command performance from here, it is the #2 show on that list with Bob Hope, Kay Kyser, Andrews Sisters, Jimmy Durante, Fibber McGee & Molly, Duffys Tavern and more :)
    https://archive.org/details/CommandPerformanceChristmas#

I need to adjust the audio level on some more of the Christmas 1943 radio shows since I only have one more left to listen too after I finish with the Command Performance I am currently listening to. I use a free program called Audacity to adjust the level so that they all play at the same volume. Otherwise I end up having to stop, pull out the iPod and adjust the level up for low volume shows or down for loud shows.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger