TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How precious! I'll have to start collecting outfits for "Fluffy"!
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I should have the "Step" Challenge and nutritional one completed today. Dancing is next.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I was doing good on nutritional but today was real hard. Some people drink alcohol when things get rough. Others (me!!!) eat everything in sight it didn't help the school provided staff with cinnamon rolls and pizza today! Tomorrow is the toddler's 3rd birthday going out to eat and cupcakes on the agenda. If I get enough exercise I maybe can make it tomorrow or don't eat tonight. I do have 4 days done so I guess if all else fails I can get 5th day Sunday.
    Sincerely,
    Someone who really wants this day to end! Or hide under the covers and wish it away. Did I mention I didn't sleep well last night???zeom1ssj0nz0.jpg
    Looks cool! Huh? It's a lot of work getting 400 elementary school kids in place! mwmn4pskhmz7.jpg
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    @hawkins410 Tara could rock that outfit!
    2 1/2 hours no electricity! Ugh!
  • mckelfam
    mckelfam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi all, hope everyone has had a good week. Sorry for being MIA this week on vacation. Vacation was amazing but as much as you want to go on vacation it is nice to come home and sleep in your own bed. I pretty much ate what i wanted on vacation made some good choices most times but still lost two pounds guess from all the walking helped that. I was nervous to get on the scale had to weight twice in different rooms surfaces just to be sure couldn't believe it. Lol
    I will record my exercise in a bit for this week so far. As for the challenges I will try to do my best in the next two days. I did get a lot of stairs in this week think I need 4 more floors for this challenge if my tally was correct. The videos I can definitely do but kinda out on the calorie challenge this week sorry. 6yjilhzo1b7p.jpg
    y4so4yaayvzu.jpg
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    mckelfam wrote: »
    Hi all, hope everyone has had a good week. Sorry for being MIA this week on vacation. Vacation was amazing but as much as you want to go on vacation it is nice to come home and sleep in your own bed. I pretty much ate what i wanted on vacation made some good choices most times but still lost two pounds guess from all the walking helped that. I was nervous to get on the scale had to weight twice in different rooms surfaces just to be sure couldn't believe it. Lol
    I will record my exercise in a bit for this week so far. As for the challenges I will try to do my best in the next two days. I did get a lot of stairs in this week think I need 4 more floors for this challenge if my tally was correct. The videos I can definitely do but kinda out on the calorie challenge this week sorry. 6yjilhzo1b7p.jpg
    y4so4yaayvzu.jpg

Looks like you had a great time!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Today is my last 10hr day of Overtime for the week. Hoping to get some relax time in after work tonight. Tomorrow I rejuvenate for next weeks hours. I hope all of you are being good!! Santa is my boss so I can tell him if you're not!!!
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Got my five days under calories, did the videos, I've walked about half the stair total, but the grinding in my knees leads me to believe I'm not going to be able to finish that particular challenge.

Those of you of a certain age will recall that, back in the day, Levi's were not necessarily made for women, so we just bought from the men's department and squished our tushies into the boys jeans - they were maybe the original boyfriend jeans. I bring this factoid up to relate an amusing anecdote from my life this week.

Since my honey has lost so much weight I commented to him about how I can no longer immediately tell whose jeans I am pulling out of the dryer to fold because his are no longer twice as big as mine. I looked at the tag on his jeans and remarked that they are exactly the same size I wore in college. (I wasn't skinny then either, but...) Anyway, he challenged me to put them on and believe it or not, they fit great! It felt weird to wear jeans that didn't have some kind of spandex in them (how did we do that?), but I was pretty stoked that they buttoned without having to lay down on the bed and hold my breath.

The plan is to spend the weekend cleaning house and putting up the decorations. I'm trying to motivate myself to put lights up on the house, but I'm really not feeling it yet. We have a big front yard that slopes down to the road with absolutely no structure of any sort - so I'm having difficulty visualizing a plan. We are re-landscaping the front and at the moment there isn't even a shrub to give me a starting point. Maybe if the temps warm up a little this afternoon I'll get inspired.
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @celtikgirl be careful out there decorating. Glad the boyfriend jeans fit.
    @mckelfam glad you had a good time on vacation and lost weight that's no an easy thing to do.
    @hawkins410 sound like Tara might like my Chloe she has a little pig she squeaks at me when she needs more attention or wants to play while I am exercising
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer finished the dancing videos was under calorie for 5 days.
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    Well everyone I thought since I stretched after I did those steps for exercise that my legs would not hurt me and they really didn't but my feet did! I stretched again the day after, learned my lesson about taking my shoes off to do that at home! I did get the dancing videos done until last night after work but they are done and I have updated my minutes. I hope everyone has a great day and will check back tonight
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @celtikgirl - good job on the jeans fitting! Great feeling when you fit into something you didn't think you could. Yes, jeans were so much more unforgiving before.

@aenglehardt347 sorry your feet are hurting. Great job on finishing the dancing. Keep rubbing those feet - maybe rolling on a tennis ball or water bottle.

I powered through a big day today - at least the morning and early afternoon. My 5k this morning went well. I didn't try to beat my PR from last week so took it a bit easy and chatted with my friend along way. Plus we had cookies at one of the water stops. This one is such a fun holiday race. But I still felt like my time was good and it was 3 minutes faster than last year when I ran the same race. It was only the 2nd 5k I had ever run at the time. I'm amazed at how much easier running is for me now.

After I got home from that, I loaded Stella in the car and we went to one of the state parks to hike that has a lot of steps. Well, their main staircase was closed! I was so disappointed but fortunately there are still a lot of steps on the rest of the trail. We did about 50 minutes of hiking and 376 stairs there. Then I swung by campus to this long set of steps and we went up and down those for 356 more steps. Whew! We were both tired and had a good nap when we got home. I still need 453 steps to finish this thing. Which I will do tomorrow for sure!!!

Finished the day under calories, so that meets the challenge of 5 days.

Here's some pics from today:
    zlyuw8znhayg.jpg

Also, I had to compare to my photo from last year's race. I think I look considerably less fluffy in my Santa suit today than last year :)
    hs0zvivadfri.jpg

• mckelfam
    mckelfam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic great pics you look amazing. Your pup sure looks like she is enjoying her hike. A question is that a ruff wear harness on your pup, we are looking for something to hold back our 20lb older jack who thinks he is a 60lb. He gets a rash under his front legs from his current harness as he pulls a lot.

@TamiJo1004 congrats on the weight loss. And he is so cute I remember when my boys were that young. He looks like he is having fun and full of energy.

@mamaelf2008 my overtime days are coming soon with year end fastly approaching. Hope you were able to get some rest today.

@celtikgirl great job on the weight loss. Can't wait until that day happens with my husband and I. One step at a time one pound at a time. Keep up the good work.

@aenglehardt347 great job in the dance videos. And I have learned to wear shoes when working out at home and stretching too before and after each workout it does help a lot in the long run.

I have one more video to do and I have completed at least one challenge this week. I wasn't able to get in spreadsheet today so I will try again in the am or let someone know to post my mins and challenge once done in the am.

Have a good Sunday morning everyone. Let's get out there and move anyway you can.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @mckelfam - yes it's a Ruff Wear harness. I really like it. I had problems with chafing with the Easy Walk harness I was using with her before too. The Ruff Wear seems comfortable for her and it has a front clip too. Stella wears a small and she is 26 lbs. It's pretty adjustable.

Just about to get the day started here. Stella is getting antsy so we'll go for a walk in a bit. I need to get a long run in today and finish my stairs. It makes me a little tired thinking about it, but I have a plan.
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    I am exhausted! Thankful he only has a birthday once a year! @mckelfam He has a lot of energy! Especially yesterday. He knew it was his day. Oh my, he was a handful. That topped with the cold I am battling and my monthly "friend" paying a visit. I am wore out. He goes and spends the day with with his other side of the family today. Yeah! I will be happy to have him back tonight but I need rest. I am shooting for 200 minutes though! We really need those minutes and challenges! Team 5 is not lightening up! If we want that Number 1 place this week and for all we are going to have to give it everything! We have worked hard! We can do this! I think it's safe to say at this point it's going to come to Team 5 or Team 1 in the end! Let's do this Team 1.
    Those steps aren't fun but do them in increments you can handle.