Me 3
    Binge 1 :(
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 4
    Binge: 0
    Binge-free: 11

Even without regular binging, I still feel so unhealthy lately... I can't seem to get fully back on track. Does anyone want to work on some additional mini-goals to be mutually accountable for over the next few weeks?
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    December 4

Me: 3
    Binge: 1

Streak: 1

A Sunday Fast erased a Saturday night BINGE. Okay not the way to do it! And yet for the first time since starting this goal 20lbs ago saw my Normal BMI of164 goal between my feet this morning. Now back to the normal calories and fighting the BINGE with traditional methods. It time to start playing the nutrientional aspects to better health and not just calorie counting I believe.
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Dec 4

DBF: 4
  • gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Dec 5

Me 5
    Binge 0
    DBF 5
  • gr33nslime
    Options
    mae918 wrote: »
    Binge-free: 11

Even without regular binging, I still feel so unhealthy lately... I can't seem to get fully back on track. Does anyone want to work on some additional mini-goals to be mutually accountable for over the next few weeks?

What were you thinking?
  • hillmike56
    Options
    December 6

Streak: 2

@daniellethesheep I pray you are feeling better. And @knitormiss great writings about what we all feel at times in life.

Today after 78 days and 21 lbs. and using these boards I'm very happy to report that I saw what is classified as a normal BMI on the scale this morning. And this 60 year old who has fought many of the same battles you guys have over the years will visit the Doctors office in 2 days for a yearly checkup and ask him to remove Obese off my medical record.

This BINGE can be beat but it is mainly a psychological battle we fight. I wish you all well.
  • branbuds
    Options
    Dec 5

Me: 5
    DBF: 5
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Dec 5

binge: 1
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Me: 0
    Binge: 3
    DBF: 0

Ugh I want to die

@daniellethesheep - Danielle...I just want to send you some hugs.

I often get overwhelmed in my daily life. And once I hit that point of feeling overwhelmed, the reality of my situation creeps further and further away. I get caught up in the drama of what is happening to myself and get to the point of screaming in my head, "I hate my life, I hate myself, why am I even alive or here?!?!?!?" Etc. and on and on.

Luckily, in my ripe old age (I'm 40, but most days it feels more like 80), I've started to see the process, and even when I can't stop it, I just kind of ride the wave, watching my inner 3 year old throwing a tantrum, and my inner teen self acting a fool, and I laugh, just like it is reality TV or a comedy program.

Admittedly, it took me a long @$$ time to get to this point, and when I look back on the insecure, stressed out, overly anxious person I was in my 20's, I just want to be able to go back in time and show myself that every single thing that 20-something me is convinced is the absolute end of the universe and the only thing that matters - that 95% of those things are events/decisions/difficulties/problems/etc. that I honestly don't even remember why they mattered to me so much back then.

I am not meaning this to minimize your pain, your struggle, your self-loathing or anything. I wanted to give you some perspective of where I come from myself.

That being said, getting to the point where you hate yourself and feel like such a perpetual abject failure and are just full on miserable tells me that your binging likely isn't just about that lack of control and such - but that you likely have something else that's bothering you.

Do you journal? Do you attend counseling? Do you have close friends? Are you close to family?

Also, if I remember, I think you said you are in university. Have you taken advantage of any of the programs available on campus?

The main reason I ask is because of worry and concern. Getting so overwhelmed and stressed out to the point where you say, for ANY reason, that you want to die, that isn't a normal reaction. Please check into the options of getting some help, even if it is just an ear to listen while you vent. You don't have to carry this struggle alone. (HUGS)

@daniellethesheep

I just wanted to see how you're doing, hon. Please check in with us!!! No matter how far you've fallen, we're still here for you, and many of us have been in your shoes in some form or fashion somewhere along the way...

And I wanted to amend something I said above... It isn't that feeling so horrible that you want to die isn't normal (what IS normal anyway, right?), it's that it isn't something that any of us should ever really have to endure feeling, and it's not something that any of us on this planet should have to endure alone.

Remember, Depression Lies, The Binge Lies, and The Scale Lies... Sometimes focusing on the real truth instead of the distortion our pain causes seems darned near impossible. I just want you to know we're here and we care about you.

(HUGS)
  • gr33nslime
    Options
    Dec 6

Me 6
    Binge 0
    DBF 6
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    Binge-free: 13

@gr33nslime maybe some manageable workout goals? 20 mins a day or even just 3-4x /week. (I was working out 5 to 6 days a week throughout the summer and then I hurt my back October 7th. The only thing I've been doing since then his yoga once a week.) I need to slowly build my routine back up. Would something like that interest you?
  • daniellethesheep
    daniellethesheep Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    Binge: 5
    Streak: 0

thanks for the support guys.

@KnitOrMiss I do journal sometimes but it turns into just self loathing, I don't have any friends and barely have aquaintences, I'm not close with my family. I stayed back last year, so most of the classmates I had last year don't see me/talk to me anymore. I'm just being dramatic but my life kind of sucks rn and having my body look like this certainly isn't helping. I'm in a program for a healthcare profession, so seeing a psychologist on campus may jeopardize my eligibility to participate in my internship (as I may be deemed "psychologically incompetent" to make medical decisions for my patients. I'm just done with it all.
  • hillmike56
    Options
    December 7

Me: 5

Streak: 3

@daniellethesheep Not sure what to say. You seem to be fighting other demons than the BINGE. Best to you in that journey.
  • branbuds
    Options
    Dec 6

Me: 6
    DBF: 6
  • isntittime
    isntittime Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Dec 5

Me 4