Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had a good weekend in terms of diet and workouts but I woke up with a sore throat and sniffles. 'Tis the season I guess. So new objective is to not get sicker. I'll check out the Fighter diet challenge. Thanks Moonkat7
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    I had a good weekend in terms of diet and workouts but I woke up with a sore throat and sniffles. 'Tis the season I guess. So new objective is to not get sicker. I'll check out the Fighter diet challenge. Thanks Moonkat7

Hope you feel well. I feel better but I'm paying the price for it. Medication makes me very hungry :(
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I bought kit 1 $59 us / $85 cad
    The fighter diet allow you to eat high finer oat bran, wheat bran, protein, fat and ltd of veggies
    Veggies are 2 levels. Level one is unstrachy veggies and level 2 starchy veggies. You eat from both levels but you eat more from level 1
    Refeed days are high carbs days you can eat anything from chocolate to ice cream to pasta etc BUT the more simple sugar you eat on refeed days the more you will crave it the next day which is back to veggie day
    So you still have to control what you eat on refeed days. A little pasta, one scoop of ice cream, small chocolate bar etc but the fact you can eat these food once a week will make you stick to the diet longer and you can plan your events around your refeed day like dinner with friends

There will be lots of gas so beano and other degistive enzymes are recommended

I can't judge this diet. I have to try it yet and decided to join a challenge be I get access to a secret group for support from other ladies and Pauline herself will reply to any question I have. Also the challenge book for exercises and meal plan.

Go through the website. Read more about it. See more videos on YouTube and decide.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    glad your feeling better moonkat.

gortilitA sorry you are getting sniffles....me too...

I start my first session of karate tonight..I will see how I like it and join if I do.

fighter diet I like the name lol I'll check it out.
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    Can I jump in? I am struggling. I did LCHF for 5 weeks prior to Thksgiving and since then Ive been on and off with the excuse 'I'll just have a cheat day'. When I eat LCHF the scale moves and I feel better but sugar is so hard for me to walk away from. Any advice or suggestions is appreciated. I feel like my house is toxic. I just wanna eat the entire time. Thx!

welcome...it is hard when it's in the environment. I gave up sugar and wheat in may and feel so much better. I was limiting what was in the house buying what I dislice but family does.....well last week I really struggled. I had stocking chocolate in my room and it was calling to me so I moved that toxic crap to tje basement(after I ate some:()
    you can do it....I do better with all or nothing approach but that's me you will find what works!
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    great video moonkat...I love her personality.
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    I started karate and loved it. two classes this week and dropped 3 lbs (of the overnight gain I had) it was so hard and I'm so sore.

how is everyone doing?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I started karate and loved it. two classes this week and dropped 3 lbs (of the overnight gain I had) it was so hard and I'm so sore.

how is everyone doing?

Pretty fantastic. Lifts are progressing well, my weight is only climbing 0.6 lbs./week at 3100 kcal/day, my mobility is constantly improving, and I can still see my abs. That last part is important, because it means that the winter bulk is just beginning. ;)
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    sounds good gallowmere!. can I ask you something. I'm now doing pushup and am sore from them (karate) doing Monday and Wednesday what days are good for lifting? I cant fit rest in between and get two lifting sessions in? I'm sore day after karate suggestions
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm still on/off with this fever and sore throat.
    I started a new job at a vitamin shop so I'm learning a lot about vitamins and minerals. Exciting!

So did anyone look into the Fighter diet? Did join the challenge?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    sounds good gallowmere!. can I ask you something. I'm now doing pushup and am sore from them (karate) doing Monday and Wednesday what days are good for lifting? I cant fit rest in between and get two lifting sessions in? I'm sore day after karate suggestions

Not sure what to tell you there. I lifted every day, epsom soaked every night before bed, and eventually the soreness just stopped happening.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Treehugnmama if you're working legs more than arms on the karate days than make Tuesday an arm day (bicep n triceps) or upper body day depends on your split.
    If you use both arms and legs than make Tuesday abs n cardio or just cardio.

It's better to train different muscles bec your sore muscles need rest plus you won't gain anything from working same sore muscles, actually you might injure it.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    I like Epsom salt it helped with my elbow. I also have the body wash in case I don't have time for bath
  • treehugnmama
    edited December 2016
    Options
    thanks moonkat we do full body so I think I will stick to cardio only the day after and work in 1 full body on friday.....last thing I need is an injury.

I love Epson salt baths I didn't know they made body wash I'll check it.

tried on my christmas outfit and I feel great in it. just donated my last size of clothes again best Christmas gift to me ever was sticking with this leading up to holidays (more or less)
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited December 2016
    Options
    thanks moonkat we do full body so I think I will stick to cardio only the day after and work in 1 full body on friday.....last thing I need is an injury.

I love Epson salt baths I didn't know they made body wash I'll check it.

tried on my christmas outfit and I feel great in it. just donated my last size of clothes again best Christmas gift to me ever was sticking with this leading up to holidays (more or less)

With my constant bulk/cut cycles, I have three different sizes of pants that I keep on hand now. 32s, 34s, and 36s. As soon as I have to start wearing the latter, I know it's time to start cutting again.

It's gonna get harder to gauge over time though. My abs and obliques have been growing at a notable pace, so if they keep this up, I may end up in said 36s even at 10% bf. xD
  • gorilita
    Options
    This stupid cold totally ruined my plans. I haven't worked out once this week. I gained a couple of pounds which messes with my head. Glad to hear that others are doing well though. Happy Holidays everyone!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    This stupid cold totally ruined my plans. I haven't worked out once this week. I gained a couple of pounds which messes with my head. Glad to hear that others are doing well though. Happy Holidays everyone!

We are on the same boat. I'm still not feeling well mostly I feel it in the morning but I gained weight with all the medication. I haven't done cardio much lately.
    But this doesn't mean I'm quiting. Hell no, just resting, recharging ;)

Merry Christmas everyone. And congrats to the ones who did great.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Fortunately, my apartment is structured and furnished in a way that gives me lots of pacing room. I am a minimalist when it comes to "stuff", so I am easily able to walk 7-14 miles per day without ever setting foot outside.

It's pretty relaxing to just walk back and forth all day while reading or having conversations on here.
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    moonkat and gorilita hope you feel better. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I keep gaining but I'm till quite sore with changing up exercise so hoping it just water. I bought the body fat any lier from costco to try and get to tje bottom of all this
  • gorilita
    Options
    I was perfect on my diet since Monday and today the 3lb excess water is gone. I did a first work out with my trainer in 2 weeks today and I picked up where I left off.

Moonkat I watched a lot of Pauline's videos on youtube. She annoyed me at first but I gotnover it. Have you tried the pink salmon, cabage, and mustard meal yet? It does not look appetizing but i may try it. I did pick up some pink salmon :-)