What is your favorite healthy breakfast to start the day?

Options

Replies

• ProteinMilkshakeBar
    Options
    2 scoops of protein powder mixed with 2 tsp organic coconut oil and water or almond milk.

Use seasonal fixins for flavor.
  • izzybbz
    izzybbz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Either porridge with almond milk and raspberries (this is what I have at work every day), an omelette with tomatoes, mozzarella and red onion or my veggie cooked breakfast: veggie sausage, egg, mushroom, tomato and baked beans. Bit of a brunch treat for the weekend - delicious!
  • Time2bFit12
    Time2bFit12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, fruit, eggs, oatmeal or toast are a quick go to for me!
  • Jar_Rod44
    Jar_Rod44 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2 Peking duck eggs, ( 2x the amount of protein and essential vitamins found in chicken) and please don't waste that wonderful yolk, veggie omelette. Light on the cheese, usually feta. And at least a cup of spinach. And an apple or banana. I always recommend breakfast should be your biggest and healthiest meal of the day, high in protein and fiber. This curbs Ur appetite for the remainder of the day from my experience.
  • ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    1 scoop of protein powder blended into cold black coffee (every morning)
  • dejheard
    dejheard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites scrambled
    1/2 a banana
    1 small red apple
    (I like to sautee the apple slices and sprinkle ground cinnamon on top)
    The whole thing comes out to about 188-195 calories
  • JonOri
    JonOri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Plaintain flour pancakes (flour, eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt). They're a resistant starch and don't shoot up the insulin levels. Plus, I don't feel so bloated as I do with bread or an oatmeal mix.
  • Manda5352
    Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My special treat is egg beaters, 2% shredded cheddar, 1 brown n serve lite sausage link (sliced), 1 tbl salsa in a 70 calorie wrap. I make a bunch of these on Sunday and wrap in foil and storage bag so I have them to grab and heat in the microwave at work.

I want to try this
  • Manda5352
    Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love a lot of these I'm going to try some I need to change it up
  • jrex1434
    jrex1434 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1 cup of egg whites and a banana
  • janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs with ketchup...a halo ...and apple juice
  • karinalexandrabell
    Options
    I mix 4 Tbsp.flax seed meal, 1 egg, 1 tsp.baking powder & 1 tsp. cinnamon in a coffeemug. Put it in the microwave for 1 minute and out comes this cute little loaf of bread that makes about 4 round slices. With a little butter and sugarfree jelly it's very satisfying because it's really chewy.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    If I have a lot of time 2-3 slices of organic, sugar-free bacon, 2 egg omlette fried in bacon grease with cheese, diced onions and peppers.

If I have some time, 2-3 slices of organic, sugar-free bacon, 2 eggs fried in bacon grease.

If I have less time, 1/2 serving full fat Greek plain, non-sweetened yogurt with 30g each blueberries, raspberries and/or blackberries. Liquid vanilla stevia to sweeten the yogurt (pretty tart without sweetener).

If I have no time Bulletproof Coffee with HWC, MCT oil, grass-fed butter, cinnamon and liquid stevia.

#LowCardHighFat
  • susiec70
    susiec70 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I try to food prep for at least 4 days during the week, so here is my favorite breakfast:

serves 4:
    4 large eggs - Whites only
    2 large eggs - complete egg
    1 cup spinach - I use the frozen spinach(defrosted of course)
    1/2 cup of low moisture part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
    serves 4

cook eggs/white in non stick pan, with spinach - don't over cook going in over to melt cheese
    I like to take the spatula and chop into smaller pieces so it will spread evenly
    transfer egg/spinach into a 8 inch round pan
    spread cheese over top
    bake at 400 until cheese is melted

It doesn't look like a huge helping but it is very filling.

130 calories
    5.5 fat
    cholesterol 105
    sodium 328.5
    potassium 12..5
    carbs 2.8
    protein 18

Hope you enjoy. :smile:

• Sherri1862
    Sherri1862 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a La Tortilla Factory low carb tortilla with one egg white and 1/2 regular egg scrambled with one slice of turkey bacon crumbled with a sprinkle of reduced fat colby jack shredded cheese and smear of fat free miracle whip!
  • mariedavid1000
    mariedavid1000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. scrambled eggs with sauteed vegetables (pepper/gr. onion, etc.) on an English Muffin
    2. mixed berries, muesli, Greek yoghurt
    3. egg salad and spinach in a pita
    4. oatmeal w/ cinnamon and blueberries
    5. crumbled bacon, avocado, fried egg, tomato, spinach, on toasted English Muffin
  • bradleyward1
    bradleyward1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    nickylee76 wrote: »
    Nearly every weekday morning I have the yoplait tropical fruit 100 calorie greek yogurt and mix it with 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese. I know it sounds kinda gross but it really is very good. Sometimes I will chop up a banana and add it. 180 calories and 22 grams of protein...not bad.

I actually love this idea because I have tried but cannot get into cottage cheese, and I don't consider myself a picky eater. I think this may allow me to add cottage cheese finally. Can't believe I hadn't heard this before.
  • pamelamrowe91
    pamelamrowe91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favorite, especially since I'm breastfeeding is a cup of oatmeal with a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter and a teaspoon of cinnamon sugar. So yummy, creamy, and filling! And it increases my milk :).
  • GirlBossGoals
    GirlBossGoals Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Abook76 wrote: »
    Mushroom Spinach Frittata or Cauliflower Hash with Egg

Can tell the recipe??
  • MikeSub13
    MikeSub13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to take a Spicy Black Bean burger, toss it into a pan and chop it up with a couple of eggs and Voila! Delicious, healthy, and protein packed!