Options
1262728293032»

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    I was perfect on my diet since Monday and today the 3lb excess water is gone. I did a first work out with my trainer in 2 weeks today and I picked up where I left off.

Moonkat I watched a lot of Pauline's videos on youtube. She annoyed me at first but I gotnover it. Have you tried the pink salmon, cabage, and mustard meal yet? It does not look appetizing but i may try it. I did pick up some pink salmon :-)

I have no idea who you are talking about, but salmon, cabbage and mustard sounds decent. I'd probably replace the mustard with horseradish though, because mouth fire is always a good time.
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I have no idea who you are talking about, but salmon, cabbage and mustard sounds decent. I'd probably replace the mustard with horseradish though, because mouth fire is always a good time.[/quote]

I was refering to Moonkat's post from a while back about the new diet she is following - Fighterdiet.com
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    gorilita I watched a few of Pauling videos and loved her lol. I guess what you found annoying I likes about her :smile:

good for you for getting water weight back off. I was up 15 lbs in two weeks crazy right I'm now "only" up 9 is starting to come off but I'm due to up my weigjts tomorrow.

glad to hear you were rigjt back to your training!

• MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    moonkat and gorilita hope you feel better. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I keep gaining but I'm till quite sore with changing up exercise so hoping it just water. I bought the body fat any lier from costco to try and get to tje bottom of all this
    I Feel better thank you
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    I was perfect on my diet since Monday and today the 3lb excess water is gone. I did a first work out with my trainer in 2 weeks today and I picked up where I left off.

Moonkat I watched a lot of Pauline's videos on youtube. She annoyed me at first but I gotnover it. Have you tried the pink salmon, cabage, and mustard meal yet? It does not look appetizing but i may try it. I did pick up some pink salmon :-)

Bec I paid to join her challenge I get a meal plan so I haven't tried anything yet and haven't seen that one but I don't eat cabbage it decreases the thyroid so if you will eat it a lot you need to supplement on iodine.
  • MoonKat7
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I haven't got the meal plan. I'm doing my own meals mixing veggies :)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Happy New Year, I wish you the best in 2017.

So our first challenge ended but it's not our last. As you know I have joined a new challenge starting mid jan.

so I was thinking in creating a group and keep going with challenges.
    the link is
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/117736-eat-clean-train-mean

Next challenge, lose 5 lbs in 4 weeks starting Monday Jan 2nd ;), who's in?

PS: I'm not leaving this group, I like it here but need some privacy and more posts ;)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Bah. I'm actually frustrated to the point of doing weekly 5800+ calorie overfeeds, because apparently my body has decided that it wants to gain slow as *kitten* this time, no matter how much food I shovel in.

Since I'm making myself stick to "clean" foods this bulk, such a challenge would be completely counter to my current goals, even though I am following the title's premise anyway.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Bah. I'm actually frustrated to the point of doing weekly 5800+ calorie overfeeds, because apparently my body has decided that it wants to gain slow as *kitten* this time, no matter how much food I shovel in.

Since I'm making myself stick to "clean" foods this bulk, such a challenge would be completely counter to my current goals, even though I am following the title's premise anyway.

You don't have to be on a challenge to join the new group. You can have your own post and write whatever you want lol but it mainly for privacy like who's reading our posts here? We don't know.

What type of food are you eating?
    Food can really effect our progress.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »

You don't have to be on a challenge to join the new group. You can have your own post and write whatever you want lol but it mainly for privacy like who's reading our posts here? We don't know.

I honestly don't care who reads anything that I write. I'm a 100% open book, both in real life, and online.

I'm running 50% protein, with the other two macros inversely proportional to each other. Most days are balanced, but if I am having a "flat and weak" day, I'll up carbs and cut fats. If feeling puffy, a couple of days of cut carbs and upped fats.

General staples are:
    Protein powders (whey, mpc, and casein)
    Lean chicken
    Salmon
    Eggs
    Red potatoes
    Berries
    Nuts (no peanuts)
    Black, kidney, and pinto beans
    Split pea soup with ham
    Brocolli
    Cauliflower
    Asparagus
    Oysters
    Pumpkin

I'll just stop there. Basically my diet is diverse AF, and is more aimed at hitting macros than anything.
  • MoonKat7
    Options

I honestly don't care who reads anything that I write. I'm a 100% open book, both in real life, and online.

I'm running 50% protein, with the other two macros inversely proportional to each other. Most days are balanced, but if I am having a "flat and weak" day, I'll up carbs and cut fats. If feeling puffy, a couple of days of cut carbs and upped fats.

General staples are:
    Lean chicken
    Salmon
    Eggs
    Red potatoes
    Berries
    Nuts (no peanuts)
    Split pea soup with ham
    Brocolli
    Cauliflower
    Asparagus
    Oysters
    Pumpkin

I'll just stop there. Basically my diet is diverse AF, and is more aimed at hitting macros than anything.

Its not about open or closed book. You might not get it bec it's different for a man. You don't get people hitting on you and trying to have online sex. Yup even here on mfp I got people like that so yeah I want to know who's reading my posts.

I read through your food. You don't seem to have food that lowers the testosterone so I guess it's just a matter of slow progress or maybe you need to change your workout? Your body might got used to the exercises.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    moonkat I like the idea of a private group challenge....I sent you a request. I've had some weird gross messages from people on mfp I totally get that.

happy New Year to all!! I'm so excited to continue training...I'm amazed at how resilient my body truly is if you fuel it well amd work it hard!

I'm down tje water weigjt yay but I have a sore knee and it sticks out like a point. not sure if the fat was hiding the pointy bone and it's always been there or if it's new lol. I felt it kinda pop lifting leg lifts with weigjt so I stopped those and I will rest it up as karate starts back up on Wed and I want to go!! so no walking tomorrow but will do bench presses and push ups.

anyone have ideas for sit ups?
    so I can't do 1 sit up. I can do 100 crunches but not 1 sit up. I'm doing crunches... leg lift while flat on back for lower abs. I've tried a sit up on an incline nope can't do it. any exercises I can do to help with tje sit ups? They are done in karate class and I really want to be able to do them. most of my weigjt is in my chest and stomach so I'm very top heavy at the moment not sure it that is why?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

General staples are:
    Lean chicken
    Salmon
    Eggs
    Red potatoes
    Berries
    Nuts (no peanuts)
    Split pea soup with ham
    Brocolli
    Cauliflower
    Asparagus
    Oysters
    Pumpkin

Its not about open or closed book. You might not get it bec it's different for a man. You don't get people hitting on you and trying to have online sex. Yup even here on mfp I got people like that so yeah I want to know who's reading my posts.

I read through your food. You don't seem to have food that lowers the testosterone so I guess it's just a matter of slow progress or maybe you need to change your workout? Your body might got used to the exercises.

Yeah, I'm very mindful to stay away from *kitten* like soy, and I keep my zinc and D3 levels high.

As for the lifting: I actually just switched to 5/3/1 BBB exsctly one month ago today, and I shuffle my accessories around a fair amount even within that. Funny enough, I am hitting PRs left and right, and I am gaining, it's just that the rate seems absurdly low, given how much I am eating. 0.64 lbs./week on a 3600/day average (including overfeeds) seems impossible to me, considering how fast (2.5 lbs./week) and how fat I got on 2800/day this past summer.