OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies.....it's a blistering 3 degrees! At least it's sunny. I have to go to campus today to meet some students and attend a supervisor meeting (required if I want to get paid this semester). I'll definitely have to bundle up.

I had the contractor come back to recaulk around the shower. As I was preparing to paint, I noticed some gaps that I was concerned with. He just got finished, so painting the second coat will have to wait until the weekend.

Patti: My hair came out ok, just poofier than I like. I've washed and styled it myself, and it's a great hair cut, so all is good.

Karla: I'm definitely using the fruit and protein containers. I know I would be more successful if I used all of them, so hopefully I'll return to that. Yes, I'm still going to the gym, but have not been going everyday as I once did. That, too, shall change. What procedure did Glenn have done? It has slipped my mind.

Janet: Find another doctor! You don't have to put up with that.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Karla, thinking of you. Bert & Patti, cold here as well - about to bundle up and fetch Rx and a few other things, then stay in & warm. Going to raise thermostat for a few days.

The weird thing about the endo is that she KNOWS my history and sensitivity about weight. And she KNOWS how little I have to eat. She was just being condescending and mean in my view. Hope to find a replacement who can truly be on my team. It's her office that gave me the name & number of my beloved plastic surgeon. It's just odd - guess she's one of those "doctor decrees, patient agrees" types. Sigh. OK - must go out & work on Day 6 ... Hugs.
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Patti- the job for SIL is in Botkins, OH- I guess it might be a an or two north of you?
    Only 1200 people in the entire town.
    but what will be will be.
    Off to write something about clear plastic.- Ah the life of this writer, from romance to abandoned houses.
    :)
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, just home from the hospital, then pharmacy. Glenn is in good spirits, well, until the anesthesia wears off!! He is a little queasy and stomach hurts. I have him some chicken noodle soup and crackers ready. We are have unusal weather here too. Schools closing early and freezing warnings, sleet and snow in northern counties!! You know us southerners FREAK on this stuff. We waited at the pharmacy for the prescriptions so I didn't have to get out again.

Bert - Glenn had to have a Fistulotomy, which should hopefully be a final surgery to his fistula history of the last two years. We are all work in progress getting back into our grooves.

Patti- So proud you have gotten back to the gym this week. I know you love to work out there. I'm sure your soreness will wear off as you continue you regime. I'm so sorry about your shopping woes. I do hope you find a nice pair of slippers for your mother.

Janet - I just don't understand the Endo. If she knows all that about you, then she knows you aren't eating pasta and rice and the real problem is your metabolism, not what you are eating, duh!!! She needs to be recommending a nutritionist, by any means, or some sort of guideline in that manner. Geez, rant over,

Glenn is sleeping in his recliner. This physician was TOTALLY different in every way than the other one. The prep and the aftercare is different. We both feel so positive about it. Fingers crossed.

As far as my eyes, I have a call into my UAB doctor to get these darn plugs she put in taken out. I cannot go back up to UAB anytime soon as Glenn can't make the trip and I can't leave him either. Surely she can recommend a local ophthalmologist to just take them out. I need on hand down here anyway. The water just runs from my eyes constantly, which, she warned me might happen. I am waiting on a call. It probably won't come until Monday as many businesses and office are closing due to the extreme ice, sleet and snow conditions they are experiencing. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers and Glenn and I continue to fight these aggravating conditions.

Karla

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Slipper saga continues. Found a nice pair on clearance but they are too small. So back I go on Monday to another Kohl's to see if they have them in a larger size. She wants the bootie type but not the ones with the hard soles, like so many seem to have. I am now determined, lol. She loved the nightgown and the unexpected visit today.

Cindy, Botkins is just 46 miles straight north from me. It is a beautiful area with a nice lake nearby. Mostly farm country. So she is near enough that I could be there for you and for her.

Karla, hope you get a call back today so you can get a referral to someone local. Continued prayers for you both.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Karla, so glad it went well. Good luck with eyes - might it slow down after a week or two? Patti, you are a determined slipper buyer - your new hobby!

Cindy, Botkins is about three hours from me - easy drive too.

Day 6 has gone OK. Had to have garage dor opener replaced - same symptoms after two fixes. Unexpexted expense but now upgraded, with a keypad. So I bit the bullet & did it.
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! We're hunkered down in Galveston. Temps just above freezing with 30+ mph wind and rain too. Poor Ellis can barely stand to stay outdoors long enough to do his "business"! He's such a good little traveler and up until today's brutal weather has had a great time running and playing and chasing birds on the beach. Weather due to improve some tomorrow- sunny and less wind. This is absolutely brutal weather conditions for these folks, but I'm glad we're here instead of home where windchill is below 0 and snow on the ground.

It's so wonderful to see everyone checking in and working diligently on their WLJ.

Bert - try keeping a notebook and pen on your nightstand. When you're mind starts whirling, just write down whatever it is you're stewing over and you should be able to go back to sleep. A counselor recommended that to me years ago and it's been a huge help.

Patti - yay for you fitting those exercise classes in! Have you tried Target for your Mom's slippers? I have some that sound just like what she wants that I got at Target.

Karla - good grief girl! You need to catch a break and so does Glenn.

Cindy - your trip for Mom's BD sounds fun. I sure hope Meg gets to go with you.

Janet - glad to know you're doctor shopping! That's terribly rude and unprofessional.
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's -1 here this morning..............brrrrrr. Yesterday was a busy one. I met with 2 of my students to give them requirements and then we had a faculty meeting. I get so frustrated that the meetings aren't organized. The department doesn't seem to have the answers and just wants to pass the buck. I know they are frustrated too, but it's just that our students are asking us questions that we can't answer. Everything this semester must be submitted online, and several supervisors are unsure of it. We have a training next Friday, so hopefully many issues can be resolved. One good thing is I got an I-Pad from the college to use during my visits. I've been thinking about getting one, so this might help me decide.

Today, Mike and I are going to one of our local college's basketball game with some friends. It should be a fun day. Bathroom painting (2nd coat) will have to wait until tomorrow. :)

I'm doing better in making better food choices. Have a good day, everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Good morning!

Suzi, Ellis on the beach pics/videos make me very happy. Our pets do so much for our spirits. Hope Tulip is warm enough at night.

Bert (which my phone akways wants to autocorrect to "beer"), it's a balmy 4 above here, so grab your bathing suits & come on down! Sun's out though and I can stay home and wear my comfiest (if least reputable-looking) duds. Determined

Karla, how is Glenn this morning? Hope you both slept well. Tomorrow & Mondsy will likely be the roughest. Glad he has Nurse Karla to care for him.

Cindy, did you get the brunt of the east-cost storm or did it stay closer to the coast?

Hi to everyone else. Trying to stay on plan today and make it seven in a row. Hugs to everyone!
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Hi- Very quick check I as I've committee to logging in daily.
    No storm for me.
    YEAH
    Talk to you all later but thinking of you all.
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I'm happy to report that Glenn is doing well. He is starting to feel a little more soreness this morning as more hospital meds are wearing off. I just examined his wound/incision his morning, and it is very minimal. I applied the numbing cream ordered by his physician. (Things a wife does for her hubby. lol.) I'm also proud to report I have finally accomplished my first dvd workout this morning! It took all week to get to myself!! I'm drinking my water also. My tracking has been sketchy this week, but there. I just don' finish it for the day, I put in the dinner the next day, and then may not like my daily total. ugghh.

Off to see my grandkids..

Karla

• JP_in_KY
    Options
    Hey, Patti - I know you & Edd are also addicted to The Blacklist. Just watching this week's episode. (FYI, I have two Big Theories now.)

Protein shake for breakfast and planning in a big salad later. Brought mail in just now - fresh air woke me up. Wouldn't want to be out for a. Hour but loved pulling crisp, cold air into my lungs. Yeah, I'm weird - but you already knew that!
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies,

Happy 2017!
    Glad to be back online and able to check in on your happenings and recent developments.
    The Women's Retreat was excellent overall (way too much food!) and it's great to be back home with hubby and enjoy the variety of activities and fresh foods that we so much prefer!
    Will get busy with the remainder of the week and looking forward to commenting further as the opportunities arise. It remains pretty cold here on the island, so activities may be indoors.

Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • luzingg
    Options
    Work day behind me and it was a busy and productive one. Leftover Cornish hens for dinner, half time of the Houston/Raiders game. 12K steps so far and plan to get up and move hourly, my knees and ankles require it.

Janet, I keep hatching theories on the Blacklist, only to be proven wrong time and again. Edd just says "why don't you just watch the show and quit trying to figure it out, they will reveal it to you when they are ready" The guy sure knows how to try and take the fun out of things, luckily I don't listen to him, lol. I do like am breath of cold air but get over it quickly!

Karla, good for you on the DVDa nod glad to hear that Glenn is doing well under your excellent care.

Mary Lynn, welcome back and I totally understand what you mean about getting home to fresh foods. Retreats of any kind rarely serve healthy options. Stay warm and stay active.

Cindy, I hope stopping by helps you as much as it helps us to hear from you.

Bert, enjoy your night on the courts. Being with friends is always great.

Suzi, keeping posting your Ellis photos and videos, I am really enjoying them. Hope things warm up for you.

Off to watch some football.....let's go Texans
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Suzi What kind of pup is Ellis? I may go with that breed next time. These fru-fru dogs I get are such high maintenance. LOL.

Patti- Thanks for the kind words. I take care of my man, as he takes care of me. I am doing better at my tracking and water the last two days.

Janet - I'm home now and Glenn is in good spirits. He has his Izzy medicine. Along with his JJ medicine and his lovely wife Karla waiting on him too. We are all blessed here. Izzy's friend Bennie came home with us from her brother's party and Izzy is going to church with her in the morning. They all three promised me on the drive home they would be good and so far so good. Izzy put her Doc MacStuffin outfit on and examined PaPa as soon as she got home. LOL. I got some time in with Jason and he seems in good spirits.

Mary Lynn - Glad you are back in the fold and back with your dear Myron. I am trying to get back in the groove with my exercise and food.

My eyes are so painful. My left eye is not accepting this second plug and is painful when I blink. I feel like I am crying all day long. Geez, it's been three long years of eye issues.

My father is doing well from his squamous cell CA surgery and plastic surgery. He is a tough ole bird at 88.

I'm going to try and relax until it is time to prepare the baked Tilapia.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    MaryLynn, glad the retreat was good. Meetings rarely have decently healthy food. I used to beg to make sure some sort of fresh produce was available at eacah meal, and yogurt at breakfast. Cindy, glad the storm missed you (though friends' photos sure are pretty. Karla, glad Glenn got grandkid healing services. Doc McStuffins' exam made me smile. Patti, I can't help but formulate theories either. IF both of mine come true I want an award! Suzi, guessing Ellis is a chihuahua/Russell mix. How close am I? On track here to make it seven. Whew.

• KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good early morning. It is brrr here in the deep South. Temp is 24 degrees. I am already starting to cough and hack, and my nose is stuffed up, geez. Izzy is going to Sunday school with Benny this morning, so I got them off to sleep early last evening. I tell you, those girls are something. They were very, very good last night. They both have hair down to their waist. Actually Izzy's is past her waist. So, after their bath, I had to blow it dry, so fun. I have cute outfits for them this morning.

Janet - I have not watched the Blacklist, I see it is on Netflix and I think Glenn and I may binge watch it while he is off work. That is one thing I can say about the hospital I worked at. When we had the all day management meetings, they always had fresh fruit, salad and healthy meat choices for our meals. I guess it was because of the nutritionist and diabetes services there. LOL.

JJ just woke up and I think I will find us a movie to watch this morning. He is growing up to be a fine young man. So very proud of my developing grandchildren. I have really enjoyed seeing them all over the holidays, especially Glenn's, which I don't see as much as mine.

I am on day 3 of may continual tracking, water drinking and exercise.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    I've already tracked my egg white omelet and have drank 16oz of water this morning. I am making the WW veggie soup later this morning. With the wind chill facor we are at 15!! I have 35 minutes of peace before I have to wake the girls up to get them ready for church. Izzy was scared last night of going. I know once she goes she will love it. I have real issues with her mother and I have about bit my tongue down to the nub over it. I don't know how much longer I can hold off.

Karla

• luzingg
    Options
    Good Sunday morning to one and all. Looks like nobody is being spared from this frigid weather. We are at 16 with a high expected of 19. Wind will start up about the time I get off work at 8 pm. Nice long phone visit with Mom this morning to discuss her team's big win last night. She was so tickled that she could actually see the game and read the scores. Now tonight we are rooting for Green Bay, my Dad's team. I will be at work but thinking about them. Tomorrow I will be out and about, hunting for slippers and returning the ones I bought. Am still fighting with customer service over the stupid t-shirt. They sent me a survey about my experience with their live chat customer service, so I had a chance to tell them what I think.

Karla, it is so hard to not jump in and speak our minds when we have issues with the parents of our grandkids. Somehow it never seems to come to any good end if we speak up or keep quiet does it? Wish you luck and hope you don't bite your tongue off in the meantime, lol. Being a grandma is very hard sometimes. Luckily it has more blessings than anything else. Don't know how I kept the peace with Edd's daughter all those years when the boys were little, but somehow I did, only to have her totally disown us both after they were fully grown. Will never know why, she has never told us and we are over wanting to know at this point. Keep warm and cozy and do watch the Blacklist. It is one of those you have to really be paying attention during the whole show or you will miss something. We have really enjoyed it.

OMG: I have tracked every day except Thursday, not sure what happened there, but not going back to try and figure it out, I do know that my eating has been mindful all week. Only caved yesterday and had too many pretzel crisps. I tracked everyone and was still under my calorie goal for the day. Water goals met and back to exercise with 10+K steps on every day I did not exercise.

OMG for next week: KEEP TRACKING

Patti
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Hi Girls-
    Megan and SIL stopped today- he got the job in Botkin OH so they're moving as of 2/1
    I'm sad she's going and I am concerned for them all but I'm always here for her when she needs me. I didn't mention that my dear friends Patti and Janet were much closer to her and I'll give you the details when they're settled, she almost cried when I said she had people that cared about her much closer and would pinch hit for Mom.
    we're all going to have dinner on the 28th and then they'll be off the following day. At this time she's still going to Mom's with us- but who knows he's already trying to weasel out of taking care of his son.
    Need to get my blog up
    Talk to you soon
    Cindy