Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm a long-time MFP user, but took a bit of a hiatus over the past year. I turned 30 about 5 months ago, so I figured it was time to switch the 30 Somethings group! Super excited to be here.

Three facts about me: (1) I don't weigh, after a long history of eating disorders I find that the scale is mostly counterproductive to my health. (2) I log my food pretty religiously but don't expect to see only kale and boiled chicken on my log, today features a cheeseburger AND a sizable hunk of chocolate. (3) I'm less than 9 months away from graduating with my MD!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, this preview function just deleted my 5 page paragraph on here! So I'm not going to re-type it, so here's the short and dirty version lol:

My name is Sasha and I live in Calgary, Alberta. 121 was my start weight when I found MFP 80 days ago (about 118 now), goal is 108 which was my weight in January. I quit smoking 6 months ago, hence the dreaded weight gain.
    My trouble is eating - I run 5-6 days a week, but can't keep the eating clean. Or even balanced for that matter. I logged faithfully for the first month, month and a half and lost nearly 5 pounds. Haven't tracked since :(
    Looking for some accountability, motivation and always looking for inspiring friends. Feel free to add me!
  • SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, and because I couldn't preview, I totally fluffed up my grammar hahaha, I meant to say the preview deleted my 5 paragraph page. I can write and talk, I promise! Jeez, so hopeless hahaha! Anyway, good luck everyone, we call can do it :) I also didn't mention I'm 36!
  • tecia48
    tecia48 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Shatecia Harmon (34). Original from Virginia but live in Tacoma, Washington. I been using the app off and on. Then I was like I need to change. Since April 1st I have lost 25 pounds. So I am aiming for a goal of 200 or less, whenever I can get there. I don't have a set goal of when.
  • nickpap79
    nickpap79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Nikolas, I live in Athens, Greece and I am 37. I started using mfp about a week ago, doing OK so far. I go running occasionally, hope I 'll be able to do it on a more regular basis.
  • FittingintoMe
    FittingintoMe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Krystal. I'm 30 years old and looking to lose 100 pounds. I'm new around here and looking for friends to help with accountability. Also any tips are greatly appreciated.
  • kolson111322
    kolson111322 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I'm Kelly and I'm turning 30 in April. (Kind of exciting and kind of scary at the same time to be entering a new decade in my life). I'm in So Cal USA. I am brand new to MFP and have 62 pounds to lose so a long way to go, but I want to start a new decade with a new me. I could use some friends to keep me accountable and motivate me.
  • lisag1288
    lisag1288 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello. Lisa from Pennsylvania here. I have about 25 pounds to lose and I am serious about it this time. I slowly packed on over 30 pounds after quitting smoking multiple times. I actually quit for good this time! I've always been a healthy eater, portions is the problem for me. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can cheer each other on through our journeys!
  • police61
    police61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Robert. I am 37 years old. I am married and have 3 kids. I am a Police Officer with a crazy work schedule and an even crazier home schedule. I still try to find time to work out or go for a run but it seems that those times are getting fewer and fewer. I have bought into the fitness tracker technology and I believe it will hold me accountable. I try to do at least 10,000 steps a day for a weekly total of at least 70,000 steps.

• cjeckert1
    cjeckert1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My name is Chris, I am 39 (so I guess I wont be in the group long) and I am motivated to get down to 175. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'm Ben. 32. I'm trying to do an incredibly slow bulk.
  • steph198503
    steph198503 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie, everyone calls me steph though. Im 31 from central Ohio. Im currently living in columbus Ohio. I dont have any kids. Im in school full time majoring in psychology focusing on addiction counseling. I am trying to lose 95 pounds and looking for new friends to help keep me motivated and accountable,
  • tegeler85
    tegeler85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm Amber. 30 years old, 31 in about a week. Married and a mom of two. Currently, I am a full time online Mortuary Science student looking to get my funeral director and embalming degrees. I am looking at need to lose around 60-70 lbs. I just started my accounts back up after being inactive for a few years.
  • TLC227
    TLC227 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :D

I'm Mika. I'm a soon-to-be 35 ex-athlete that's fallen off the wagon and need a little bit of motivation to get back in tip-top shape. Looking to lose about 15-20 pounds (want to get back down to 135). I'm always looking to add new friends for motivation, inspiration or just to be a listening ear. See you around the boards!
  • Bramblenberry
    Bramblenberry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all, so happy and excited to be here! I'm 37, a Canadian living and working in Switzerland. No kids and a plant on the balcony that's about to go... I'd love to be experiencing more of what this beautiful country has to offer but often feel limited due to all the extra weight. Needing to shed about 100lbs. Happy to offer motivation to others where I can!
  • Annie831
    Annie831 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is Annie and I am 33 years old, and I have a 7 year old daughter. I work full time at a desk in a fast paced stress filled office where I sit or stand for most of the day and foods like chips and doughnuts are always available. I drink coffee (light and sweet) 24/7 when I should be drinking water and order fast fatty foods for lunch almost daily ( and I wonder why im fat LOL)
    However this year I am saying no to all the temptation no more ordering out and if I do salads are always an option. No more junk snacking and I will drink more water. Also My employer has this lovely free gym available to employees on the second floor that I will be using 4 times a week when I am in the office. Plus I have fitness DVD's and weights at home i will be using on the weekends. My first goal is to lose 5 pounds this month if I lose more that is great but to start 5 would be wonderful… I need to stop sabotaging myself I have all the tools and knowledge to live a fit and healthy lifestyle yet I chose to be fat and lazy but that is stopping right now!!!!!
    Good luck to all of those making changes for the better we got this *kitten*!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend I need lots of accountability and who can’t use more support.

Add me on fitbit too
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/4X9QNY
  • craftynerd
    craftynerd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Beth, I'm 34 years old, and I'm trying my best to get back into better shape. I have a desk job that, while I enjoy, is probably slowly killing me by sitting in front of a computer, so I'm working on eating better and being more active to try and balance that out. I'm looking to lose about 20 pounds, but am starting slowly and seeing if I can drop ten - I've already lost three pounds since the beginning of the month!

Feel free to add me as a friend - I need all the motivation I can get, haha.

Also, if you have a Misfit (I love my Ray!), feel free to add me as a buddy on Misfit! My username is thefiercebunny.
  • Fracicciopes
    Fracicciopes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I'm Francesco from Italy.
    I lost 25 kg in 2015.
    I gained back 6 kg during christmas holydays.
    I want to lose more and more. I eat healthy and exercise every day.

Feel free to add me...
  • 30orSomething
    30orSomething Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all you Dirty Thirty Peeps. I am Chanelle, 31 and so over my lose gain lose gain cycles. I have been struggling to lose this damn weight for the last 8 years now.

So here I am...determined to make this the last time I lose this weight.

I'm married to a wonderful husband who deserves to have the sexy woman he met 8 years ago back. I have a lot of emotional and binge eating issues bought on by an emotional abusive narcissistic mother. My main goal however is to focus on making this a lifestyle, to focus on health, to learn to love myself and gain confidence. I don't want to call this a diet and I don't want to get obsessed with the number on the scale.

I love cooking and being creative with food. Other than that I enjoy riding my motorcycle, getting stuck in anything creative and living my life the way that makes me happy.
  • carolynsutton6
    carolynsutton6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 years old and am living in Portland, OR. I did the "lose a bunch of weight" thing a few years ago, got a knee injury, gained a bunch back. I'm nowhere near my heaviest, but I can definitely feel my body isn't in the peak condition it was. For instance, I grew to love running, but now, running makes me so exhausted and stiff and my running times are atrocious.

Other than running, I like to read, play video games and knit - you know, a bunch of really active hobbies guaranteed to help lose/maintain weight LOL.

Short Term Goals: Be more consistent in my eating patterns, get back to 1derLand.

Long Term Goals: Drop the pounds I gained in the last 3 years, get my running time to under 30min/5K and possibly even sign up for a 10K