OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi - Busy day here and now I am being picked up at 4:30 tomorrow morning, surgery at 7:30. I will text Karla when able. Feeling all your good thoughts as I commit 2-17 to getting this done and healing from it! Hugs to all.
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies- I worked from home this morning from home between playing with Izzy and keeping an eye on Glenn. It is Martin Luther King Day and many festivities today around town and closings. Very important down here down here in the South and for all.

As far as Glenn's numbness in his leg, we did talk to his surgeon the day after the surgery when he called to check on Glenn and he said it was probably just to do with the positioning during the procedure and would subside. We are waiting to get back with him a second time to let him know it hasn't gone away.

I just finished watching the first episode Victoria on Masterpiece on PBS channel. So good.

I will let you all know when I hear from our Janet how she does. We will all be praying.

Diane- By now your Carrie is in surgery and you are there waiting and getting updates. My prayers are with you. Please keep us posted.

Patti- Thank you for sending me one of your gorgeous cards, I'm sure it will be sweet and well made.

Myra- great to see you drop in again. Jump in any time and just resume your journey. No judgements here. We are all working towards healthy lifestyles, lean eating patterns and activity if we are able. How are the kids?

Janet- I'm glad you are surrounded yourself with caring people in your life there at your home, and neighborhood, as well as all over the country. Does your family know about this surgery?

I am still in my gown and robe since I worked at home. Lol. I usually still get dressed, but today I haven't.

TT: I will, and have, continued to keep the water beside me and sipping way. My tracking is consistent now and I will exercise before I go to bed.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I told my family at Christmas and will let them know I'm out of surgery afterward. Hoping I get my phone back quickly tomorrow but that's something I can't control. Surgery is now scheduled for 7:30 EST. Thank you all for all your support & prayers!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words, ladies.

Janet- I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Ironically, My sister is also having surgery tomorrow morning, not so drastic---just her knee (cleaning up cartilage) you will both be on my mind.
    I have a six mile walk planned with a friend and am so looking forward to it!
    Myra
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well I'm in my hotel safe and sound and managed to do pretty well with today's plan - not perfect, but I'm OK with my results and everything is tracked.

I pulled a muscle in my back this morning, so headed to bed well dosed on Advil and muscle relaxers. I lucked out and managed to get myself a massage appointment tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully that will help too

Nighty night,
    Suzi
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning dear friends-
    I know Janet is on her way into the OR and I'm sending her positive vibes and strength. I do worry about her all alone. But she's one tough nut.
    Myra- welcome back, this is a judgement free zone-
    Suzi- I hope you're back is better this morning. I so want to book a massage but just no time at the moment- looking ahead maybe March.
    Patti- Are you enjoying your job? It seems like you are... How's Mom doing? Is the car fixed?
    Karla- Sometimes you just need a jammie day- Did you hear from the doctor about Glenn's numbness?
    Diane- I hope all is well with Carrie- let the healing being.
    I sent the paperwork in to request the pitch, officially. So fingers crossed please as spots are first come and very limited.
    Great news on Fall With Me- Cheryl, my other beta reader texted me this morning- she said she can't put it down. She's on chapter 24- there are 28 in this book.
    I do have a plan- if this editor doesn't want this book I'll be ready to self publish- so its all good stuff. I'm ready for the surprise weekend for Mom. I am going to find a bakery near her home and preorder the cake. That way I don't have to worry about that.
    Meg is officially moving the 29th- our last family dinner is the 28th.
    The scale is popping all over the place but I'm eating well but if you can believe it I'm out of frozen veggies- I discovered it last night and zero fresh. I had stocked up so a quick stop at the store today is in order. Can't have dinner without them.
    Need to run but if anyone hears anything about Janet please text me- 413-563-5386
    I'm not sure how long the surgery is supposed to take.
    Thank you
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I wasn't happy with my food choices yesterday. Today, I'll make better decisions. The doctor said Mike can go back to work tomorrow and can also drive. I pray that he will take it easy.

I, too, have fallen off the daily water intake. I know that it is essential. That will be a mini goal for me today.

Have a great day, everyone! Breakfast is tracked!

Bert
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Karla! Hope Glenn is feeling well enough to celebrate with you today.

Praying for Janet today. Seeing the pain Carrie is in, I'm sure Janet will be in bad shape for a few days.

Cindy your plan for the book sounds exciting! One of my favorite authors has switched to all self publishing.

Bert I hope Mike takes it easy too. A relapse would not be good!

Suzi road trips are just tough. Hope your schedule and the weather cooperate for your massage and maybe a gentle walk. Baby that back!

Pattie I think I remember you have today off. Recharge!

Myra I've just come back too.
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    So surgery didn't start yesterday until after 4:30. I guess the one ahead of her was more complex than planned. Carrie was in surgery for almost four hours. They put a LOT of hardware in. On the pictures I can count eleven screws and two plates, and I'm sure I'm not seeing them all. Doctor said her heel bone was in about 30 pieces. They took a graft from her shin and also from the home bank to implant and start the healing process.

Then they had trouble getting her pain managed. Didn't get into her room until around 11:00. I spent the night and John will be back here before lunch to let me go home for a while. I don't know if they will release her today or not. I hope so. She had finally drifted off to sleep about 4:00 am and they woke her to draw blood at 5:30!

My food choices were not good yesterday. Going to try to get back on track today.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARLA! Do you have anything fun planned? Did Glenn get you some bling? Enjoy your day in every way. Did you talk to the Dr about Glenn's leg pain and numbness?

Woke up at 7am, couldn't understand why, then realized it was to send up more prayers for Janet!

Diane, I do hope they can get Carrie's pain under better control so she can go home. I know she has a long road ahead of he. Hoping you are able to find time to take care of you. As a case manager I worked as hard with families as with patients to make sure everyone was well cared for.

Cindy, can't imagine the editor not wanting to publish your book but sounds like you have a great plan. Would love to be a fly on the wall when you girls arrive at your Mom's. She is going to be over the moon with surprise and joy.

Bert, glad mike got released to return to work and hopefully will not overdo. Knees like movement to heal. We all have those eating days, as long as it stops with just one day.

Myra, what are your girls up to this year. Enjoy your walk and make plans for another one soon.

Suzi, so great that you got a massage scheduled. Take care of that back and you.

Last night was a killer at work. Last day of a big sale and a holiday so lots of people in to shop. They got a huge shipment of fabric yesterday and I steady of unboxing it and putting it on carts or on the shelves they brought all the boxes out and stacked them everywhere around the counter and in the aisle, totally not how things are supposed to be done. It looked like a tornado went through there. Didn't get home until almost 11pm and I was beat. The bright spot of the shift was when a mother and daughter team came in, shipped for nearly 3 hours and then I got to wait on them. Turns out the daughter is one of the contestants on Project Runway Jr. I have been watching it and have really enjoyed her designs. She is now designing a collection and she share her ideas with me as I cut her fabric. She told me all about the judges and Tim Gunn. I can't wait to see her designs come to life. She and her mom were so delightful, they made me day. Better get my shoes on and head to Mom's, then TRX tonight. That is how I enjoy a day off. Edd ran the vacuum yesterday and he will not be home for dinner so I can just fix a sandwich for me. Now that makes it truly a day off....no chores, no shopping and no cooking. Just time with my favorite lady and the gym....lucky, lucky me.

Patti
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all you busy ladies!
    Just a check in here to catch up on the recent happenings in your lives, because you matter to me so much. With the recent or imminent surgeries and unexpected trauma for so many of us, we really do need one another's support and encouragement. The busy schedules can truly sap our strength - and our willpower along with it - so please know are in my prayers. While we cannot know the outcome, we can know that we are not alone throughout the ordeal. It can be a challenge to "stay on track" when detours push us into unfamiliar and deep waters. Our commitment to keep coming back to whatever works for us as individuals shines brightly.

With a rainy day ahead here on the island and some warmer temperatures, it looks as though there won't be much snow left on the ground soon. While the snow has been beautiful and provided a truly great workout, it will be nice to have safer surfaces to hike around once more.

We have discovered an opportunity to serve our community through the local church as it serves weekly lunches for 200 people and a monthly dinner for about 100 people. Additionally, we signed up to provide a weekly casserole for the weekly "Alpha Evenings" that begin next week. Is there anything more wonderful than meaningful service to one another? What amazes me is that in a seemingly affluent community, there remains a persistent, hidden homelessness and it's often accompanying loneliness and even mental health challenges. The only challenge we face is whether we will come alongside our neighbors and friends or withdraw into our own comfy cocoons. During the shorter winter days and colder than normal conditions locally, it's very tempting to disengage from our community activities and needs. Last year, we made a decision to get more involved in the lives of those around us and it may take some time to find a healthy balance. There seems to be no shortage of opportunities!

Lastly, my weekly goal is just saying NO to baked goods.

Hugs to all,
    MaryLynn
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Happy Birthday karla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o:)
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Hello ladies. I just heard from Janet. She is out of surgery and headed for a nap. She sends hugs.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. The office took me to lunch. Glenn sent me beautiful yellow roses with daisies mixed in. Yes, Patti, there is bling bling waiting for me at home. lol ..

I'll be back later..

Karla
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Karla! Thanks for the update on Janet.

Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • cindyr619
    Options
    hi Girls-
    Karla thanks for the Janet update- now the recovery starts and next year at this time hopefully she'll be moving like she hasn't in years. Hugs to our patient.
    Diane- How is Carrie today? Were you able to bring her home?
    Patti- did you get a lot of freezing rain in Dayton- I heard our storm moved in from your area. We've had primarily rain but some ice too. Hope you're safe.
    Bert- How are the students coming along? Did you get in a couple of glasses of water yesterday?
    MaryLynn- Did you take the picture of your avatar? Just stunning.
    Suzi- where did you go on this trip?
    Two more days and I get to see my mom. I need to get the cake ordered today- things went haywire here and lost track of time yesterday.
    My eating has been pretty good and I'm waking up empty feeling, not ravenous just empty. I need to start moving tho'- my knee is still clicking but not really painful so i think some bike riding might do the trick.
    I won't be able to check in over the weekend but I'll be thinking of each one of you.
    Until later
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today will be a busy day. Milliken University Choir will be performing at our church this evening. We will be providing them dinner tonight, and then Mike and I will be hosting 6 students to sleep at our house. I'll then provide them breakfast and then transport them back to the church in the morning. Mike went to work today.............I hope he doesn't overdo it.

Cindy: Yes, I did get in a couple more glasses of water yesterday, but eating was not so good. We prepared a dinner for a church member who passed away. The funeral was at 1:00, so the meal was "linner" for me! My students (the ones I have met) are doing fine. There is a meeting tomorrow afternoon to meet the others.

Breakfast it tracked. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    happy belated birthday, Karla! yesterday, i was slammed. how does a stay at home mom get slammed? but, i was. and my food choices were not good. today is a new day!
    glad Janet got through surgery, and hope recovery goes smoothly. My sister sailed through hers too.

I'm grateful to all of you dear folks. :smile:
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Wow, yesterday was wonderful. Many calls, texts, Facebook wishes, luncheon from my client, gifts from Glenn, and dinner out with my darling. My gifts from Glenn included a new mixing bowl for my KitchenAid mixer! I've been wanting one. This one is neat as it has a handle, I've never seen one like this. He also gave me two $25 gift cards to Starbucks and a beautiful Ruby ring, earring and necklace set. He really knows how to treat a wife right!! I have a little motivational sign on my wall in my back dining area that says "Happy Wife Happy Life" lol.

I did not hear back from Janet after that brief text, so I am sure she is sleeping off her anesthesia and under the medication. Let's pray she is not in a lot of pain and discomfort. I know she is set to be in he hospital 2-3 days. Her surgery is much more extensive than Carrie's as they are going up her leg into her Tibia

Diane - Speaking of Carrie, how is she doing? I saw that picture you put on Facebook of he hardware that is going in her foot, geez, that was a lot of metal! I'm sure she is also groggy and dealing with some discomfort from her ordeal. Will she be using one of those scooters to get around once she is Mobil?

Cindy - I can't wait to hear of your Mother's total surprise when she sees the three of yours smiling faces holding that cake!! I know it will be a blessed event.

Mary Lynn - Thank you for the birthday wish!! As per above, I was treated very special. Sounds like you have been getting some workouts from that snow. I know what you mean about the bake goods!

Bert - How is the portion control coming? Sounds like you will be busy with your students again this go around. Are they very far away?

I am off to work this morning. Then, afterwards, I am heading over to Jason's to work on Izzy room design again. I am bound and determined to get it set up. What is the problem with them???

TT: Moving on into 2017, what do you see your body type being? What size clothing do you want to be in, say in July?

I'll be back later to answer mine, I must ponder that myself.

Karla
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    So excited to report I lost 1.8 this week. It feels good to just be in control again. I still make poor choices at times but I am tracking it and not letting one poor choice ruin a day of good choices. Work today 12-5 then 2 days off. Still no word on my car and hope that doesn't mean it is going to cost more and that there is more wrong. Will remain optimistic cuz that is how I roll, lol.

Karla, thanks for the update on Janet. I am sure she will remain fairly medicated the first 24 hours and then I pray they have a good plan for pain control. I knew Glenn would bling you up good. He does pamper you, but you do the same for him. Sounds like an awesome birthday all around.

Cindy, so excited for you and the girls, but mostly for your Mom.

Myra, being a mom of active girls and running a household is a full time job, you get slammed with it some times. Give yourself credit for all you do. You are important!

Mary Lynn, your community is so blessed to have you and Myron!

Bert, whew you wore me out with your schedule for the next few days. No wonder you struggle with water, you barely have time to breathe. Hope Mike does well today.

Diane, sending prayers of strength for you and healing for Carrie. Hoping you are home or going home soon. The faster you get out of a hospital the better.

TT: I cannot answer this one. All I can focus on is now, this day. I hope to keep losing weight and get into smaller sizes but whenever I project a weight or size for the future it seems to sabotage me. I have lots of sizes to move into and will be happy when I do, but for now I am an plan today. I will do my best and then tomorrow I will do it again.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Congrats Patti!!! Yeaaaaa. This will be a hard week for me on weight loss. Too much eating out and no exercise as of yet.

Karla