Who we are and why we do the things we do

Options

Replies

• VSGJOE
    VSGJOE Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    joebuc wrote: »

So there are 2 of us in this group. It said this was a rare type - only 4% of people. I am guessing the non-conformity aspect would push more of us to a less conventional WOE maybe.

sdxl8acivboh.jpg

Yep, I just read the whole profile (distracted mind not getting much work done is it?) and it was spot on. More so than strengths finders, which was pretty accurate as well. Also in management (one of the youngest managers in any company I have worked in). Guess we don't like the data entry.
  • Misskim121211
    Misskim121211 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a ENFJ-T
    Really interesting and pretty accurate!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-personality

"The Defender" lol - I didn't see that coming!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Love that test, it gets people so well. I always get ESFP and that is definitely me!! Basically the person who always wants to know where the party is haha

I see @genmon00 is an ESFP as well :smiley:
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @anglyn1 From the things you have shared here, you and I have very similar ideas about how and when to put ourselves in the limelight (never). Even here, it's difficult for me to post contrarian things. I got INFJ-T result, but don't feel that it quite fits me.
    There is one phrase that has stuck in my mind since I heard it... "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?" I choose happy most of the time, but if the "wrong" is going to hurt people, I can be "right"! lol
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    qyl1gyljwc9k.png
    Seems about right!
    Thanks for this, some good info for sure!!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ I'm sorry you had to deal with that ... crap. But thank you for the quiz. I've never done one of those and it was fun. And pretty spot on.

https://www.16personalities.com/isfj-strengths-and-weaknesses
    I'm the defender. ISFJ

Strengths
    Supportive - Maybe this is why I go out into the main forum to point people over here. ;)
    Reliable and Patient
    Imaginative and Observant
    Enthusiastic
    Loyal and Hard-Working
    Good Practical Skills

Defender (ISFJ) weaknesses
    Humble and Shy
    Take Things Too Personally
    Repress Their Feelings
    Overload Themselves
    Reluctant to Change
    Too Altruistic
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I think we all have an ideal in mind. And for me in younger years The test said I was borderline Extravert/Introvert and borderline J and P. As I have aged, more introvert and although I still like things settled, I see things in shades of gray. Always a strong sense of justice but would rather have peace than be seen as right, except in the defense of others. I would like to be more extraverted and I try hard to do that. And exploring all options or settling on a course of action quickly? I think I was taught not to jump to conclusions through my work, so I thought that trusting my gut wasn't the right way of doing things. How much was that me hearing that my way wasn't right so I now tell myself that and how much is really me? I don't know any more. It is all part of me now.

Your description caused a smile for me because I drive my DH mad with lists. Oh I'll make one gladly and feel much better for putting it on paper rather than in my head. But most of the time, I have a different list in my head and quietly follow that one. For an organizer sort, it drives him mad. When it really matters, I put it in gear and get her done with great efficiency but if I don't perceive a need, I follow my own course no matter what I set down on paper with him. It probably looks contrary or scattered from the outside!

For a touchstone, I go back to my junior kindergarten report card. After 6 weeks, she got me. "Works diligently independently but plays well with others. Takes a leading role when necessary. Needs to be encouraged to speak up. Has difficulty knowing left from right but well ahead in other skills. Has trouble with her outer clothing and needs to slow down when dressing". It hasn't changed at all really. But it has got messier with a more complex life, social niceties and trying to keep the peace amongst so many. The dressing hasn't changed. I wish I appeared more organized, I wish I spoke up more, and maybe I won't have surprised so many when my brains showed.

I think you are lady of many parts and really interesting because of it. It is all you even if it seems contrary.

As I suspected: Mediator INFP-T here. Younger I was always a INFJ but the new one feels right now. Fundamentals the same but complex lives and many parts to each of us.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I did this quite a few years ago and don't remember the results.... I'll do it again when I'm back at my desktop and not on my tablet at work.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I did this quite a few years ago and don't remember the results.... I'll do it again when I'm back at my desktop and not on my tablet at work.

You'll be NSFW, betcha.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Love that test, it gets people so well. I always get ESFP and that is definitely me!! Basically the person who always wants to know where the party is haha

I see @genmon00 is an ESFP as well :smiley:

Whoop whoop we're the party crew lol :p
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to share the link, but OBVIOUSLY I'm a Campainer. Did I spell that right? Makes too much sense.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Not sure how to share the link, but OBVIOUSLY I'm a Campainer. Did I spell that right? Makes too much sense.

We're twins! B)

ENFP: "Most likely to wear brown socks with black suit."
  • dasher602014
    edited January 2017
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

We're twins! B)

Except for me, when I might be joining you in your socks because I dressed too fast. But I do not like standing out at all.
  • RalfLott
    Options

We're twins! B)

Except for me, when I might be joining you in your socks because I dressed too fast. But I do not like standing out at all.

You must keep that smile of yours under wraps!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The funny/interesting thing for me is that I took the Meyers-Briggs which this looks like it's based off of in college psych and I scored very differently than I do today. I believe I was ISFJ. I think 16 years of real life has changed me a bit. :smile:
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

We're twins! B)

I KNEW IT!
    :D
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Thanks, @RalfLott , appreciated!