What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I like the Outlander series, too. My next book would also be A Breath of Snow & Ashes.

Henrietta Lacks was an interesting read.

I'm currently reading an oldie I found at the library: Call It Sleep by Henry Roth. I've just started so can't comment on it yet.
  • sheilaparsleyministries
    Options
    Currently reading The Girl with The Dragon Tatoo
    By Stieg Larsson
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading Salt and the Sea by Ruta Sepetys.

Winter, 1945. Four teenagers. Four secrets.Each one born of a different homeland; each one hunted, and haunted, by tragedy, lies…and war. As thousands of desperate refugees flock to the coast in the midst of a Soviet advance, four paths converge, vying for passage aboard the Wilhelm Gustloff, a ship that promises safety and freedom. Yet not all promises can be kept.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Demon Haunted World by Carl Sagan
    Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Tigers Wife by Tea Obreht and now reading Brisignr by Christopher Paolini.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    Well, I finished Call It Sleep and don't recommend it.

I also finished When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi. I thought this was a very touching contemplation of one's death. A young doctor is diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I'm about to start Two-Gun & Sun by June Hutton.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Just finished Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie, it was a fun short read and I enjoyed it.
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    Transition by Iain M. Banks
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I love Angela's Ashes, The Secret Life Of Bees, The Help, (all are in movie form as well)
    I'm about to read Born A Crime-Trevor Noah
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I just finished King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard.

I'll probably be reading Shattered Pack by Aileen Erin next.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - a man is knocked out only to wake up in an alternate world. Great and fast read. I wouldn't be surprised if they made this into a movie.
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 87 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm reading Intuitive Eating, and Forever is the worst long time by Camille Pagan. Both are good, i should post again when I'm done.
    I just finished The Sun is also a Star which was a very sweet read, now I want to read her book Everything, Everything.
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm reading, "Epidemiology"...by Leon Gordis. I'm trying to figure out how to infect you all (with wisdom, 100% serious). Have a great evening.
  • eenyspace
    eenyspace Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading The Plague by Albert Camus and I, Partridge - Alan Partridge's 'autobiography'. Both masterpieces in very different ways.
  • PaytraB
    Options
    I'm reading In The Memory Of The Forest by Charles Powers. So far, I'm really enjoying it.
  • TheChaoticBuffalo
    TheChaoticBuffalo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Holy Bible: The New King James Version, The History of the Medieval World: From the Conversion of Constantine to the First Crusade by Susan Wise Bauer, The Civil War: A Narrative, Vol. 2: Fredericksburg to Meridian (The Civil War #2) by Shelby Foote, The Relations of Nations by Frederick H. Hartmann, Dune by Frank Herbert, and The Novel: A Biography by Michael Schmidt. Been on a non-fiction binge for a bit. All these are pretty good, each in its own way.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Right now my "reading time" is split between re-reading the "Ender's Shadow" series and preparing my second novel for publication.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I just finished up Windwith by Susan Dennard.

I'm now reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman (for the 2nd time). I wanted to re-read it before the tv show starts.
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    Penpal by Dathan Auerbach. I just started but it has me hooked.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'm reading A Nation In Pain by Judy Foreman for a science book club. Super interesting look into the issues surrounding chronic pain, how it starts, how it's experienced and what to do about it. Really interesting discussion about the use of opioids and the cycle of pain.