Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Bob I'm glad you have such balanced views to share with us.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    +1lb, SW 252, 6'1", CW 211, 41lbs-lighter

Weekly Weight Gain/Loss History since back on diet (28 Nov 2016)
    +2, -1, -1, 0, -3, -2, +1

Diet:
    Sat - Had lunch with my boy before sending him back off to college. Ate at "Asian Buffet" with wife for dinner (ate a lot)
    Sun - Fri (about 20- hour fast each day
    )
    Doing the ACV 1st and chasing it with vegetable juice (can't even taste the ACV!). Eating salads and am cutting back on protein shakes. My waking blood glucose has been a little high lately and I'm trying to figure what is going on. Maybe more protein than I can handle and it is going to glucose. By end of fast my bg level is good.

Exercise:
    Mon - Bike 5-min, Walk 5-min, very light weights with legs
    Tues - Bike 10-min, Walk 10-min, 40-min upper body and core weights
    Thurs - Bike 15-min, Walk 15-min
    Fri - 50-min upper body and core weights
    Hitting weights hard but am not going to do lower body stuff tell knee gets stronger.

Other comments:
    Knee was doing good this week and foot and not sick! Starting to workout more and hitting the weights and biking and walking. Went skiing today with my 11-year old daughter! Had a great time, was blue-bird skies. Legs got tired too-soon since haven't done much with them lately. I took it fairly easy.

I gained 6-lbs after my last Saturday splurges! Lost all but one by the end of the week. I think weights is causing some retention also. I'm not so sure no-sugar helped me lose the previous weeks. I think it was more likely due to not having a splurge day those two weeks that I lost a lot. I'm still doing very little sugar and will continue to do so but might allow a "taste" but no more. I did that last Sat with some baklava my wife made last Sunday. I had a 1" square was all. Might have a stall for a couple of weeks cause of weights and also I did have a splurge day today while skiing so will probably be a modest week. Take care!

You inspire me so much. I've fallen off track lately and this motivates me to try harder! You seem to be doing it all and keeping away from all that sugar!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You're doing great Bob. I always gain on splurge days and make it a point to not weight until the following week.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You're doing great Bob. I always gain on splurge days and make it a point to not weight until the following week.

I usually gain about 3-lbs on a splurge day. 6 was a lot for me. I knew the Chinese food we ate had a lot of salt in it and I ate a lot of carbs (water sponge) for lunch so I understood what was going on. Did almost lose it all so that was good and showed it was not all fat that I had gained.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Great!!
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Had a great day today and took my 17 and 11-yr old daughters skiing. Went to Nordic Valley which is a small place close by. It is really a good place when not icy (lower elevation there). My 11-yr old has a free pass they give 5th graders around here and I get a discount too. This place is not crazy expensive like most of them so that makes it possible to got there. Anyways, legs felt great and skied fairly hard on a number of runs. Was a blast!

This is why I want to lose more weight so I can do stuff! I remember two years ago struggling to put on ski boots cause my belly was in the way! Belly isn't in the way and much easier to ski being lighter now!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Wow....gout must be gone. Yeah!! Sounds like a lot of fun and glad the legs are in working order.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Wow....gout must be gone. Yeah!! Sounds like a lot of fun and glad the legs are in working order.

Not feeling the gout right now (knock on wood). I need to drink a lot of water since got dehydrated today. I sure hope I can have a good long spell without it. Thanks.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Skiing sounds fun :) great leg workout.
    Probably the best part of losing weight, is having the energy to do activities with my son. He's a little on the chubby side as well, so being able to get out with him means the world to me.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options

Not feeling the gout right now (knock on wood). I need to drink a lot of water since got dehydrated today. I sure hope I can have a good long spell without it. Thanks.

I hope you can Bob...you've suffered enough. Keep hydrated and keep doing whatever you're doing because it's working!!
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    0-lb, SW 252, 6'1", CW 211, 41lbs-lighter

Weekly Weight Gain/Loss History since back on diet (28 Nov 2016)
    +2, -1, -1, 0, -3, -2, +1, 0

Diet:
    Sat & Mon - Ate all three meals due to going skiing
    Sun, Tue to Fri - 20-hr fast, ate ad libitum after except Fri where I ate a low carb meal of 5-eggs and about 10-oz of cheese and about 2-oz of tart cherry juice with acv

Exercise:
    Sat - Downhill ski easy (4-hrs) and short walk after
    Sun - Rest
    Mon - Downhill ski moderate (3-hrs) and 20-min walk after
    Tues - Weights 40-min, Bike 10-min, Walk 10-min
    Wed - Rest
    Thurs - Weights 40-min, Bike 15-min, Walk/Jog 15-min
    Fri - Rest
    Jogged a little on Thurs. Knee felt weird but didn't hurt next day so that's good.

Other comments:
    Got to jog a little and that was fun. Will continue but hope knee doesn't go bad. That knee has no ACL (past basketball injury) and isn't as good as it should be. My past gout issues with the knee could be due to slight injuries I get there due to degraded knee and then the gout goes there. Hitting weights hard.

Didn't lose weight this week but belt feeling loser and I did hit weights kind of hard twice and had two cheat days so not bad I think. I'm probably going to try a very low carb meal about 3xweek this coming week, both for weight loss and to see if I can get my fasting blood glucose levels down. They have been 110-120 or so in the mornings which is a lot higher than I want.

Tested this morning and bg was 120. Was 91 when went to bed. I think my body can't handle 100g of protein all at once and is converting some to glucose. I may have to cut back on the protein.
    Thanks.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I have that trouble with protein at times. I think that my body may be good at converting it to glucose also.
  • DebSozo
    Options

I'm happy for you! This week I threw my back out and can't bend over to pick things up and have a hard time getting out of bed. I do feel for those who have problems with backs or knees because it is not easy to do ordinary things. And it takes much longer to do anything.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the low(er) carb meals. I like to eat lower carb when I can. It seems to help me to lose inches off my waist and I feel less bloated.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Good luck with the low(er) carb meals. I like to eat lower carb when I can. It seems to help me to lose inches off my waist and I feel less bloated.

I think I will try it about 3-times a week. I think I will lose faster but my main motivation is to see what happens to the blood glucose. This morning it was a little high even though last night was low carb (15g) but the protein was high (100g). Thanks,
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Did you also eat high fat? I found high protein low fat made me hungry and caused cravings. But when I upped the healthy fats like salmon, avocado, etc., then it helped.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I made some killer refrigerator pickles. Just vinegar, dill, salt, cucumbers is needed. I added garlic and red chili pepper to make them spicy. Had some tonight. They were great! They also seem to kill the appetite so I may make more of these.

https://smittenkitchen.com/2014/07/easiest-fridge-dill-pickles/
  • blambo61
    Options
    Just discovered avocado oil on my salads. Holy smokes is that good! Expensive though.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Just discovered avocado oil on my salads. Holy smokes is that good! Expensive though.

Yumm, I buy the little "wholey guacamole" 100cal packs and throw one of those on my salads they really kick it up :) I cant believe I never gave avocados a chance until last year.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I love avocado dressing. Yum