Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Replies

• Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I cant believe I never gave avocados a chance until last year.

Me too, today I eat an avocado on most days, would never have done that last year!

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I've never had avocado anything
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    I made avocado truffles one time :) they were actually pretty good.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    I've never had avocado anything

If you do you'll learn to love those little yellow-green mush balls of heaven!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    I've never liked avocados and I've been living in CA since 1981 and a lot of people around me have avocado tress. I wish I liked them because they are very good for you.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I made avocado truffles one time :) they were actually pretty good.

I like the way you cook.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    -4lb, SW 252, 6'1", CW 207, 45lbs-lighter

Weekly Weight Gain/Loss History since back on diet (28 Nov 2016)
    +2, -1, -1, 0, -3, -2, +1, -4

Diet:
    Sat - Fri 20 to 23 hr fast each day. No cheat day.
    I ate LC all week with about 50g carbs the most eaten in a day. I don't like eating this way but I did find that even with 100g protein, my morning blood glucose is good while LC. I will try this another week to see if weight loss continues or if it was only water loss this week.

Exercise:
    Sat - 50-min upper body and core weights, Bike 15-min
    Mon - Walk 1.5-miles, Ran 1.0-miles, Bike-15 min
    Tues - 50- min of upper body and core weights
    Thurs - Walk 1.67-miles, Ran 1.33-miles, Bike 20-min
    Fri - 50-min upper body and core weights

Other comments:
    Lost a lot for me this week. I probably averaged 1600-1700 cals/day. I can eat lower cals with LC but I don't like it. Without LC, I'm probably at about 2000 cals/day.

Went skiing today and it was great! Only $30.00 at Nordic Valley.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Phenomenal, Bob!
  • DebSozo
    4 pounds? Extraordinary! What is going on differently to get such a nice drop, Bob?
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    DebSozo wrote: »
    4 pounds? Extraordinary! What is going on differently to get such a nice drop, Bob?

Just low carb, but carbs absorb water and I suspect some of the loss was water. Also the week before I had a gain so maybe some was really lost that week and I just saw it this week. I did eat fewer calories. I've never done the one plate rule (probably why I lose slower than most of you) and always eat as I please. I still do but with the low carb the calories have been less, probably 1600 cals instead of 2000. I've exercised a little more too. I will need to try the low carb for a couple more weeks to see if it really is helping or not if I can. I really don't like the low carb thing but it might be worth it to me if I can lose a lot quicker.

I'n my loss record, there was a -3 and -2 week and that was over the holidays when I decided I wasn't going to eat any sugar. I snacked on cheese a lot and that is satiating and I probably was low carb and didn't have that many calories (I didn't log so I don't know).
  • Anneli_F
    Congrats on a great week! I think you are eating just perfect for all the exercise and outings you are doing and except for the carbs, perhaps it's something you can live with for a long time? Sounds like it :)
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    I'm following your low carb journey with interest. Seems to be working for you.
  • blambo61
    edited January 2017
    I violated low carb today. It really grates on me. I will continue to not eat sugar or very little of it but sorry, I don't think I'm going to find out if it works better cause I don't think it is sustainable for me.

I think I would rather get to where I want to be slowly than quickly lose my mind. More power to those who can do it!

I will watch carbs and maybe throw in some lc meals but I don't think I can string them together for a long time.
  • leveejohn
    Some folks thrive on low carb. My daughter is one. I felt terrible on low carb when I tried it before. No energy, brain fog, etc. I don't feel that great on excessive carb either, I crash and need another 'hit' for my blood sugar in a couple hours. Seems like a single serving of starchy carbohydrates about the size of my fist does well with me at a meal. Time will tell how this serves my weight loss goals.
  • Anneli_F
    We're all different, you should do what works best for you and that's the one you like and can stay on. Why mess with a thing that works?

I think most of us feel good on a moderate carb diet, somewhere between 50 - 100 gr per day. "Lagom" as we swedes say ;) just right, not to high and not to low. Your decision to cut out sugar is the key I think, that's the most important thing.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Wonderful loss!! Sounds like you've got a plan that is working for you. Awesome!
  • blambo61
    Really bonked lifting weights today. Didn't get up early enough to go before work so went after work and I just don't have enough glycogen at the end of the day after fasting to hit weights hard. I will make sure I get up early so get it done in the morning before my glycogen is gone.
  • leveejohn
    Amazing dedication!
  • blambo61
    edited February 2017
    Weekly Update:

Weight Gain/Loss:
    +1lb, SW 252, 6'1", CW 208, 44lbs-lighter

Weekly Weight Gain/Loss History since back on diet (28 Nov 2016)
    +2, -1, -1, 0, -3, -2, +1, -4, +1

Diet:
    Sat - Ate all 3 meals. Went skiing.
    Sun - Fri 20 to 23 hr fast each day.
    Did not do low carb this week. Even ate a small bowl of ice-cream last night (1st quantity of anything like that for about 2-months). Going back to a routine I like. Protein shake with fruit/yogurt, vitamin/min supp, salad, dinner, small treat. That works for me mentally.

Did gain a lb but I think that was just getting some water back from the week before when I tried very low carbs. I'm also lifting heavy so I expect to gain some muscle.

Exercise:
    Sat - 2.5-hrs hard down-hill skiing
    Mon - Walk 1.67-miles, Ran 1.67-miles, Bike-15 min
    Tues - 50- min of upper body and core weights
    Thurs - Walk 2.0-miles, Ran 2.0-miles, Bike 6-min
    Fri - 50-min upper body and core weights

Increasing running very slowly.

Other comments:
    That is about it. I hope to get a lb or two down this coming week!
  • DebSozo
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    We're all different, you should do what works best for you and that's the one you like and can stay on. Why mess with a thing that works?

I think most of us feel good on a moderate carb diet, somewhere between 50 - 100 gr per day. "Lagom" as we swedes say ;) just right, not to high and not to low. Your decision to cut out sugar is the key I think, that's the most important thing.

That's my goal-- "just right". I tried "keto" for a month from July to August last summer but couldn't sustain it. Now I usually can successfully have a starchy vegetable or other (palm sized) starch with dinner as long as I don't overdo it on the portion size.

I have found that eating high carb on regular intervals causes me constant uncomfortable cravings. Then when I give in to a sugary treat I find I feel a sugar crash and then a drive to need more. With intermittent fasting and cutting bacj sugar and bread/crackers I feel free from the hunger pangs. So my success path is combining fiber and protein with the starch to make it low glycemic. I try not to eat sweets in isolation or if I do make sure it is within 1 hour of eating a meal so I don't wake up the carb cravings cycle.