TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I believe I've hit my 700 on Thursday or so, but I began feeling sick. We've had a super bug coming through the warehouse and I became very dizzy and faint for a few hours while at work (they actually told me to go home, but I didn't want to push more work into the other two pickers.)
    After a few hours I felt perfectly fine. Then I went to my parents house yesterday and when we went to dinner, I was hit again. My head was spinning, felt nauseous, my face became numb, hands shaking, I was cold but sweating, and my heart was pounding. I ended up sitting in the truck to lay down while they finished their meal.

I'll keep aiming for the minutes while I feel fine (cause after 2 hours I was okay again), but if this turns into the cold everyone has had at work, my minutes are going to drop big time next week.

So if everyone puts in a 30 minute extra session next week if my minutes drop, it should even out.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

Take care @My_Butt! I hope you're well enough to crank it out like you always do, but we've got your back if you can't!

Rest. Chicken soup. Vitamin C.

Sending a virtual cup of tea!

• My_Butt
    Options
    I got this. I'll hit that 700 no matter what.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Well, it's raining sideways right now so I'm kind of doubting that I'll get any disc golf time in today, but I will make time for some kind of exercise. Yoga and maybe some treadmill time.

@b3achy - I'm was laughing out loud when I saw the picture of the little cart. Of course! I never even thought of anything like that, but it makes perfect sense. I was imagining you carrying the battery like a big brick all the way home. :D Love your kitty pictures! My little beagle, Millie, is so hilarious with the laundry basket. She comes running when she hears me open the dryer and prances around like she's getting some kind of special treat. She will not leave me alone with it! She will literally follow me through the house until I put it down so she can jump into it. Then she digs around in it for several minutes before she nestles down into the warm stuff. If I dump the laundry on the bed to fold she actually gets all sad and acts depressed, so we just give in. I probably have a dozen pictures of her in the basket. I snatch my clothes out and then let her lay on my husband's and the towels. hehehe

@My_Butt - so sorry you are feeling puny. I sure hope you're not getting sick. Whenever I feel something coming on like that I drink a lot of water with Vitamin C packets in it, hot tea and zinc (like Zicam). Often it will knock it out before it gets a good hold on me.

@biketheworld - I totally agree with you on the minutes. This challenge has really pushed me to get those extra minutes done. I have to remind myself that it doesn't all have to be HIIT or heavy weight lifting. Yoga minutes count, too!

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
  • My_Butt
    Options
    Got my 16th & 17th tattoo today.
    My tribute to my polydactyl King Louis that passed in January, and a Halloween Pikachu & Togepi.
    vrm13bmi3q0m.jpg
    wdp2imahsh0z.jpg
    07r106c8ck9q.jpg
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ok team, I am SICK. Taking antibiotics. I am glad I did most of my minutes early morning because I crashed in the evening. I have to focus on getting better now.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    getsa wrote: »
    Ok team, I am SICK. Taking antibiotics. I am glad I did most of my minutes early morning because I crashed in the evening. I have to focus on getting better now.

Bummer about being sick! Hope you feel better soon! Focus on resting and healing.

Same to you @My_Butt !!

There is some nasty stuff going around. I think I'm finally on the other side of it though I was still sniffling a bit again today.

Unfortunately for me today, I ended up working later than I had planned. Didn't get many minutes today at all. Might go paddling tomorrow with a friend, but we'll see what the weather is going to be like. Otherwise I need to get back on track with C25K, the dreaded cleaning challenge, and the even more dreaded plank challenge.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I've got 68 minutes to get in today to reach 700. I'm going to take my dog or for a quick walk right now and then I'll walk or bike more later.

We have passed team 6, now we just have to get ahead of 4 & 1! Let's go team!!
  • jen_b860813
    jen_b860813 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! Sorry I haven't update until now, I did update the spreadsheet earlier. I will update it today :) It has been a struggle, but I am trying to get in as many minutes as I can. My goal this week is to try and wake up early and get my workouts in. I have been so tired at night after long days teaching, so I have been making excuses for my low numbers. This week I want to try and get extra time in before school, in addition to after. We'll see!! Hope everyone has a great day, Go Falcons!! P.S. I am going to indulge in lots of fruits and veggies, which I got for the big game! :)
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    getsa wrote: »

Feel better. We need you healthy!

Vitamin C, chicken soup, tea & rest!
  • My_Butt
    Options
    "A wise man can acquaint himself with them before the morning is over; a stupid man can learn them in the space of ten days."- a quote in regards to learning Hangul (Korean writing) instead of the intricate Chinese.

I was doing my studies on Korean and was researching more into Hangul (Korean alphabet). It's very interesting to learn that in the 1930s when Japanese imperialists went into Korea, Hangul was nearly completely destroyed. It was being taken out of literature, and students were to be taught Japanese.

Scholars wishing to preserve the Korean alphabet and language asked people to send them words with correct pronunciation and definitions, even including swear words, so they could put it into a manuscript. The script was confiscated by Japanese imperialists and the scholars lost their work.

Decades later, after Korea regained the independence from the imperialists, that very manuscript was found in a Seoul train station warehouse.

Imagine if your language was nearly wiped out. It's an odd thought that words could become extinct.

Hangul Day (the celebration of this remarkable feat) is October 9th.
  • MiamiSeoul
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Sorry Fab Fives, it's probably going to be all I can do today to just hit 500 minutes. Probably not going to be posting the big weekend minutes like last week ~ woke up feeling like I had been used by a punching bag (just sore all over). Don't think I'm sick, just body is hurting/worn out. We'll see if I can get some stretching in to use as minutes instead of cardio. Glad I got the challenges done already, since those are what are going to make the biggest difference! I'll work on trying to get some minutes until the spreadsheet closes tonight or if I do crazy good and max the minutes again this week.

Hope @vanessa40 and @Meowler are okay.

Glad to see everyone else getting their final minutes and challenges logged. It's keeping us at least in third place.

Good to see Team 4 taking on the challenge of being competitive with Team 1. Team 4 has 70 more challenge points and about 600 more minutes than us right now. And as I was typing this I just watched Team 1 swoop in and take a substantial lead away from Team 4 and move into first...crazy last day of the race. Team 1 has 60 more challenge points than us and 1800 more minutes. Looks like they have some sick folks as well, and may be leaving some challenge points on the table though. We still have over a 100 challenge points to log, so that is do-able.
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    finished logging I have really pushed myself for the team today. :)

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's a bummer so many of us are feeling poorly. I managed 75 minutes yesterday between yoga and disc golf (in the wind and rain). We finally started feeling sorry for the furbabies who were outside with us getting soaked. Millie was sitting by the back door with her little paw up, wanting to go in. Sassy would have kept up with us chasing frisbees all day.

Not sure if I'll get any minutes today. I've been cooking for the super bowl party since I got up and then we'll be traveling to my father-in-laws. I'm making most of the food so we'll have something healthier to eat (chili, muffins, spinach dip, deviled eggs, gluten-free cookies). Everyone else is bringing chips and dip or pizza.

I'm also feeling like I've reached my limit for the week with exercise and I need a rest day. I'm going to try and re-teach myself how to crochet during the game and enjoy all the commercials.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I see that Zara has completed the spreadsheet, but I'm still working on Vanessa. Has anyone heard from Jeanette since mid-week?
  • MiamiSeoul
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer I've updated the spreadsheet twice this evening & it doesn't appear that our team's total is changing.

Has anyone else experienced this today?