TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @TamiJo1004 I would happily do your stairs if you could do my dancing!

@katharmonic Congratulations! Such a great feeling!

What a day! Up late watching the superbowl last night - though it was well worth it!!!!!
    Tough day at work though. Spent over an hour dealing with a physically aggressive student. Maybe I could count that towards my mileage? (JK :))
    Somehow managed to haul my butt to the gym to lift after work. I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    @TamiJo1004 I will do my best to max out this week, but I'm not promising anything yet.
    Got 400+steps in and 45min in. Not planning on stopping with that.

I need a favor guys...I know you are all pet lovers my 14yr old Tamika isn't doing good. She has no control over her back legs all of a sudden. We know that her spine is slowly fusing together and we have been keeping her comfortable to the best of our abilities. But tonight something changed when she got off the bed. We are going to give her extra pain meds and watch her throughout tonight and tomorrow and see how she is doing. But my dear is that it may be "time" to make that dreaded decision. Just going to keep her quality of life in mind. Which is so hard cuz when I got home from work she was so happy and prancing around as she came to me. Maybe I'm jumping the gun but I have to keep reality in check. She's 14, has kidney problems, arthritis. And has a very fulfilling life teaching our other 2 dogs who the boss is. So any positive vibes you have will be much appreciated.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    @120maggie, @hawkins410

Question on the stairs climbing it counts up and down rt?
    On the calculation part of stairs 12x how many have you done = total steps is that correct?
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,260 Member
    Options
    @TamiJo1004 I will do my best to max out this week, but I'm not promising anything yet.

I need a favor guys...I know you are all pet lovers my 14yr old Tamika isn't doing good. She has no control over her back legs all of a sudden. We know that her spine is slowly fusing together and we have been keeping her comfortable to the best of our abilities. But tonight something changed when she got off the bed. We are going to give her extra pain meds and watch her throughout tonight and tomorrow and see how she is doing. But my dear is that it may be "time" to make that dreaded decision. Just going to keep her quality of life in mind. Which is so hard cuz when I got home from work she was so happy and prancing around as she came to me. Maybe I'm jumping the gun but I have to keep reality in check. She's 14, has kidney problems, arthritis. And has a very fulfilling life teaching our other 2 dogs who the boss is. So any positive vibes you have will be much appreciated.

We had a kuvasz who became paralyzed in his back legs. We bought him Eddie's Wheels, which he took to right away (and kuvazok are not easy to train). We were able to keep him for another 1.5 years, which meant the world to me. The funniest thing I ever saw was Loki in his wheels taking off through the landscaping after a jogger. I highly recommend these wheel chairs for our furry-faces babies.
  • GSXRGIRL61
    Options
    @TamiJo1004 Of course I'm in <3

@katharmonic Yay! Congratulations
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @mamaelf2008 praying for Tamika! She has beat the odds before. I dread the time. My Cassie is 13 and this winter has been hard on her.
  • GSXRGIRL61
    Options
    Here is a picture of Loki in his wheels. These wheels went on to save another dog's life after Loki left us.ajtn8avlgrxd.jpg
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    GSXRGIRL61 wrote: »
    Here is a picture of Loki in his wheels. These wheels went on to save another dog's life after Loki left us.ajtn8avlgrxd.jpg

I have never saw those. Those wheels are neat.
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    I got half my stairs done. Ugh.
    I got the balance video done once. (I am not coordinated and balancing is a trick.)
    I got 170 mins.
    I am under calorie for the day!
  • CKS0806
    Options
    9ydh0d2asc7l.jpg

All the videos completed while walking on the treadmill.
  • CKS0806
    Options
    p18wk06qxyyp.jpg

Another win for Team1 - Hooray!!! :-)
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    I will keep that in mind!! I can picture her racing around the back yard with the other two. Thanks!!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options

Aw, @mamaelf2008 I'm sorry about Tamika. It sounds like her quality of life is still pretty good so if you can control the pain and make her comfortable then it might not be time yet. But my vet told me that most people wait a bit too long, fearing that they'll make the decision too soon. It's very hard I'm sorry. I hope she can be comfortable and continue enjoying life for a while.

Thank you all for your nice comments today! I'm pretty excited to have made my goal, and looking forward to maintaining now.

Today's activities are logged - 85 minutes total of dog walking, plus 42 minutes of run group workout. I did a few stairs, but not making much of a dent in that yet.
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Started my stairs today. Just stopping in to say hi. Will get to the videos on Wednesday, we go back home tomorrow from Tennessee so I will be doing some exercise tomorrow but not much. I am kicking myself for not getting my minutes logged on Sunday. I should have messaged @hawkins410 because I was having problems with my phone. Today I was under calorie and am logging my exercise
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Got another 35 minutes in watching the videos while riding the treadmill with Tamika right next to me so I can keep an eye on her. I'm taking the day off of work tomorrow so depending on what takes place with Tamika tomorrow morning I am hoping to get the balancing videos done tomorrow spread out throughout the day. So close to hitting the 100 mark today.
  • LeoLivingByDesign
    LeoLivingByDesign Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Positive vibes sent your way!!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,945 Member
    Options
    So sorry I've been MIA today after our second leg win and so much on the thread! Totally working long hours with a major project. Just exercising and working! Got home at 8:45pm. I was tempted to skip my lunch work out, but I'm glad I didn't.

@katharmonic

4yxx1ihmw69n.jpg

@mts7471 are you clear on the steps/stairs? Usually our challenges are about 650-800 steps and we just count the ups. But with so many 1332, you can count the steps when you are going down too (Like the downside of the bridge) . Some people find it easier to count flights of stairs instead of each step, so a good reference is there are 12 steps in a flight of stairs. If you go up and down 111 flight of stairs you made it!

Other than @ka97 is there anyone who would actually pay money and is crazy enough to do that bridge climb? @hawkins410 did you do it? I ride chair lifts and will climb fire towers, but not that Bridge!!! :# The only way on earth I would do it is if I was granted the bribe that after doing it I could eat anything I wanted for the rest of my life and not gain an ounce!! :D

@Mamaelf2007 Hugs and Love. Most of us have been there and it is a very tough spot. We used a kid's winter sled to move our our first black lab around when the going got rough. Just take it a day at a time.

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks @MissionEnforcer and @hawkins410 I don’t know how there can be a leg I like better than this one. I want to go to Australia. I love stairs. I will even take them in heels. I can use some help with balancing and the calorie counting requirement just help with my overall weight loss needs. Woo Hoo!

@katharmonic – Awesome sauce! Congratulations.
    @mamaelf2008 Tamika is a beautiful dog. You will do what you need to. You will know what is right.
    @TamiJo1004 You’ve had an awesome day. Great work. Ditto @mts7471
    @120maggie I too would pay to do the bridge climb. And oh I wish there was a fire tower open around here. That would be great for steps. We did that years ago.

I am concerned about the sharks while we are surfing (and crocodiles.) Florida does have the highest shark attack place in the world. At New Smyrna Beach, located in Volusia County, there are more incidents per square mile than on any other beach in the world. If you've been swimming at New Smyrna, you've probably been within 10 feet (3 meters) of a shark. And alligators are everywhere nowadays. But attacks when they happen are not usually fatal. However, those Australian crocs and great whites don’t seem as easy. And then there is this shark
    m0e1lf5actbv.jpg
    128 stairs down 1204 to go
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Hmm yes, sharks. That one looks concerning. Also the crocodiles are worrisome, like this one
    l1pbr2w7jg7l.jpg

I would definitely pay to do that bridge climb too! So cool.