• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job @fishgutzy!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job @fishgutzy!

Super bowl weekend. Had to get my Patriots Karma deposit submitted.
    Last time the won the super bowl I did a10km swim that weekend.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    My team, the Packers, got knocked out in the playoffs by Atlanta. Perhaps it was because I did not do my karma swim for them. *raising a fist at the Football gods*
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    An hour and 2550 yds. Drizzly and 40 degrees kept the pool relatively uncrowded.
    Left shoulder has really been bothering me, but swimming doesn't hurt much except for my open turns that I now do with the right arm.

Looking forward to a very quiet swim tomorrow :smile:
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    45 minutes. Not long, but long enough to leave it all at the bottom of the pool :) It might be time for a lap counter though... I never have any idea how far I swim. I'm always curious when I'm done though.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Meant to be competing in the New Zealand Masters Games tonight and tomorrow night. But with my iron stores almost non existent and my sad lack of training, I'm not sure if I'll end up swimming!

Had entered the 50 100 and 200 backstroke, the 200IM and the 200 and 400 free, so will probably end up doing only a couple if any.

Feeling massive pressure from friends etc to do well, which is why I am wanting to pull out. They don't get that I'm not fit or in good condition at the moment and I'm struggling with the fear of letting everyone down and having them disappointed in me. (Childhood issues die hard!)
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Good luck on what ever you decide to compete in, @emmab0902!
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    4500 yards @ 80 minutes. So motivating to have people faster than I am in the pool!
  • nuffer
    Options
    Wimpy pool folks let a little snow get in the way of taking off the pool covers :neutral: -- maybe tomorrow.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    @nuffer Booo!
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    4500 yards @ 80 minutes. Lane to myself, shoulders feeling it today. Glad tomorrow is a walking day.
  • emmab0902
    Options
    650m yesterday

400 warmup

Races

50m back 38.84

200IM 3.01

Bit above my PBs but better than expected given how I've been feeling lately.

Tonight is 400m free 200m back 100m back and 200m free. Which will be a big ask.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    I think that you went out and tried means a ton! Hopefully you are starting to feel a bit better. Good luck tonight, lots of events!
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Go Emma!!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    1800m Mainly Breast Stroke with some Back and Front.

Warm up 50 Fr, 50Br, 50Bk, 50 Kick
    Breast Stroke Set x 3
    50m Slide
    50m 2Kick/pull
    50m - 3 sec glide
    50m Distance/Stroke ( an extension of glide drill )

Front 6 x 50m on 15 sec RI
    6 x ( 25m Front, 25m Back, 25m Breast )
    100m Front Dist/Stroke
    100m Breast
    50m cooldown

Always an inspiration @emmab0902. :)
  • nuffer
    Options
    1850 tonight, very cold but the snow is pretty much gone. On a different note, my shoulder is bugging me and it shortened my swim. The coach/manager claims it's not swimmer's shoulder because he said if I can hold it straight out to the side and lift up over my head, it would hurt if it was caused by swimming. I can't pick up a 20 lb. box off the ground. Yes, I know I will get in to see a doc to start, but for you experienced folks, does that sound right?
  • emmab0902
    Options
    600 warmup

Races

400m free 5.32

100m back 1.22

200m back 2.58 (cruised this lol)

200m free 2.37

The 400 was about 0.2 seconds above my PB, the 100 back about 0.5 seconds over, but the 200 free was over 2 seconds faster so that was a great end to a tough meet. And I will be driving home tomorrow with six gold medals which was extremely unexpected.
  • juliet3455
    Options
  • juliet3455
    Options
    @nuffer In what position does it bother you?
    I would believe your coach as he has probably seen it in other swimmers.
    When I was young and reckless I partially separated both shoulders ( at different times ) - bad fall while downhill skiing. The test for me was "try to pickup a beer off the table and have a sip" - couldn't do it.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    @emmab0902 WAY TO GO!! That should lift your spirits!!!
    @juliet3455 what a terrible test to fail, lol. I would have found a straw. It wouldn't solve the shoulder problem, but it would solve the beer one!

45 minutes circling with two swimmers of the same pace (this rarely happens at my pool-we're always all mixed up). Then a class. Lots of work related stress, so I really needed my pool time yesterday :)