Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @nuffer In what position does it bother you?
    I would believe your coach as he has probably seen it in other swimmers.
    When I was young and reckless I partially separated both shoulders ( at different times ) - bad fall while downhill skiing. The test for me was "try to pickup a beer off the table and have a sip" - couldn't do it.

I can pass the beer test. (whew!)

The movements that cause pain are pulling up (like a chin-up) or curling at the elbow. And laying on that side can be painful.

Going to back off on swimming for a few days and see if it improves.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @emmab0902 - Well done!!
    @nuffer - just make sure when you are pulling on freestyle you are keeping your elbow up and not dropping it. I would trust your coach and Dr. :)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    So, this is actually three days in a row-- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, but I didn't record it here until today. Averaging about 75-80 minutes since I'm practicing my script rather than doing my traditional lap count.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    @rosebarnalice practicing your script? Not sure I know what that means....heads off to google.

Great job on three days!
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    emmab0902 wrote: »
    600 warmup

Races

400m free 5.32

100m back 1.22

200m back 2.58 (cruised this lol)

200m free 2.37

The 400 was about 0.2 seconds above my PB, the 100 back about 0.5 seconds over, but the 200 free was over 2 seconds faster so that was a great end to a tough meet. And I will be driving home tomorrow with six gold medals which was extremely unexpected.

Way to go Emma! People better watch out when you get your iron stores back!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Yesterday had all 8 lanes to myself for about 80 minutes of my 4 mile swim.
    Another 4 mile swim today.
    The morning is a lot quieter now that the high school swim season is over.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Almost 85 minutes today-- still swimming to the rehearsal in my head!
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Oh wow, okay acting script. Got it. Man some days I am slow.

4500 yards @ 80 minutes *little happy dance* Best pull set 5 x 200 @ 3:30 all below 3:00 with best time of 2:53. I know Emma kicks my *kitten* as not even considering yards to meters.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    1850m
    Main Set was Dolphin Kick and More Dolphin kick

Warm up 50 Fr, 50Br, 50 Kick, 50 Pull

Dolphin Kick x 5
    50m Left Side
    50m Right Side
    50m Full Body
    Abs are going to hurt tomorrow. If I could get to the bottom of the pool I would use it as a reference and get the proper Full Body involved. Otherwise I was using too much from the legs.

4 x 50m Front on 10 sec RI ;
    6 x 50m ( 25m Front, 25m Back ) Dolphin Kick off the wall past the Ropes

50m Front
    50m Front Pull
    50m Front Dist/Stroke

4 x 50m ( 25m Front, 25m Back ) Dolphin Kick off the wall past the Ropes
    50m cooldown
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2000m cruising nothing timed or exciting.

400 free

200 kick

400 pull

4x 50 IMO

200 kick

200 pull

200 as free/back/free/br

200 warmdown
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    30 min of an unexciting swim last night. My shoulder started bugging me, so I opted for a kickboard eventually. Darn workbag is too heavy.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Early morning splash. Started with 3 circle swimming, then 4 more came. A tad crowded, hard to get in a rhythm or do any drills. Just paddled around.

1000m. Front Crawl, Breast and Back.

Had one near collision. There were 3 ladies using fins and 2 of them had black suits.
    I was getting close to the wall and saw the 1 lady going the other way so adjusted to cross over and make a turn. The other lady in black had been adjusting equipment at the wall and pushed off behind her - next thing I knew I had a body gliding past. We both stopped kicking and just pulled past each other. 90% my fault for losing track of the one lady, 10% hers for pushing off and crossing me when she could see me coming in, she was in my blind spot right in front of my head. Ironically she is a friend from the running club so when I apologized later at the wall, she laughed and said 50-50 on the oops factor.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    I am spoiled, most days I have the lane to myself.

4500 @ 80 minutes.
  • yogiswimmer
    yogiswimmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    About 1200 yds of miscellaneous strokes at my local YMCA.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Welcome @yogiswimmer !
  • yogiswimmer
    Options
    Thank you @montepulciano !
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Noon Hour splash with lots of different swimmers rotating through the lane so no rhythm.
    A mixture of Front, Back and Breast depending on what the other swimmers were doing. Just trying to get some laps in without having to pass people. For the last 15 minutes I had the lane all to myself so I was able to put my head down and go.
    Best Guestimate 1500m.
    Also did practise 15-20 flip turns, including trying some open water turns as I slowly moved into shallow water. If I tried a Flip in the Shallow end right now I would probably smack my head on the bottom of the pool. Just trying to improve lots of little things with incremental drills.
  • yogiswimmer
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Noon Hour splash with lots of different swimmers rotating through the lane so no rhythm.
    A mixture of Front, Back and Breast depending on what the other swimmers were doing. Just trying to get some laps in without having to pass people. For the last 15 minutes I had the lane all to myself so I was able to put my head down and go.
    Best Guestimate 1500m.
    Also did practise 15-20 flip turns, including trying some open water turns as I slowly moved into shallow water. If I tried a Flip in the Shallow end right now I would probably smack my head on the bottom of the pool. Just trying to improve lots of little things with incremental drills.

Way to adapt to your surroundings and make your time in the pool work for you!
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Someone please tell me that 1600m in an outdoor 50m pool with strong winds is worth 4000m in an indoor 25m one! :lol:
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    1 MILE @ 68 MIN