TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your prayers last week. I am still here and there is so much that I should say to you all. You are all an inspiration and doing great. Sorry I wasn't all in for you last week. I will do better this week.

For Challenge 3 I tried asparagus, again, and nope still don't like it. The family all inhaled it but to me it's just nasty slimy sticks! Yes it was fresh and our oldest daughter roasted it but I just have to gag it down. Give me my broccoli!

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @tarpguys I'm not too sure how strict ME will be on the format, so you may want to correct it to the "proper format"

Alright, I missed my workout yesterday. I did get a walk in, but I hate missing workouts. Plus I hardly logged anything, I almost miss the under calorie challenge because that forced me to log. I'm just having a bad week. Today I got a nice long workout in, I made up yesterday's workout plus I did todays. However it was an at home workout, and those are never as good as my gym ones. After my workout, *kitten* hit the fan. I'm emotional, eating my feelings, crabby, headache, stressed, literally crying on and off all day. I just do not feel good. I need to get back to the gym tomorrow morning, that makes a world of a difference for my mood usually so I'm praying that will help this rut I've been in the past two days.
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1. WHAT YOU TRIED: Riced Cauliflower

2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE: The only way I usually like cauliflower is roasted cauliflower, otherwise I really don't like it. I tried Green Giant Riced Cauliflower with Italian Cheese sauce. It was ok, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to eat it again.

I got a walk in outside before it got dark. I can't wait until it is warmer, and the time changes so I'll have more time in the evenings before it is dark. I got in over 100 minutes today and yesterday. I'm not really sure how much I'll be able to work out next week. I have a work trip, and although there is a gym at the hotel, I'm not sure what the evenings will be like. I should be able to get some time in the gym in the mornings. Not looking forward to going at all.
    The scale still hasn't budged. I'm trying not to get discouraged. I'm also in the Biggest Loser Challenge, and don't want to let my team down!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!
    DESTINATION: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND! MILES: 5019

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS)

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

1/2 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE
    OR
    0/1 VIDEO W/JESSICA & PEANUT DONE
    OR
    0X3/3X3 DONE

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

VIDEO 1 (10 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 2 (6.5 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 3 (3.29 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 4 (4.02 MIN) - 0/2 DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE.

MINUTES -

172 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 82
    TUE - 90
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

I am having a sluggish day due to TOM. I am also working on getting my other challenge(Biggest Loser) all set for the remainder of it. The first week is just a computer sitting BEAR !! I will pick up the next couple days though. I am on my weekend now.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Sorry I didn't get much exercise done today. We got a new electric panel today so I had to hang around the house allllll day, with no electricity & no heat. I was up at 4:30 & had a bad headache & my period started so it was probably good to have a light day. I walked around the house & did some cleaning. It was nice enough that I walked outside around my deck for bit this afternoon.

Tomorrow will be better.
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Got the kickboxing done tonight. Now to think about something to try.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @MonicaA2013 and @lpeltenburg too funny, it is also my tom. We did sync up online. :D
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hey gang. Been super busy and I haven't been in the thread much since the start, but I'm here. It takes me so long to recoup after holiday season. I think it's just winter and the cold in general.m y mood isn't right. I'm ready for spring .
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey, Smashers. Today was tough. It took me until 11pm to get my 100 minutes in, but I did it! That stupid application is longer than I thought and then my son had two basketball games. Tomorrow will be another tough day. I need to finish the application and two more ball games. It's also parent/teacher conferences, but my husband is going to handle those while I attend the games. I just hope I can finish the application in time. I'm a little stressed about it. I think I had chocolate for all three meals today. :'(
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Got 50 minutes in before work today, and will try to get 50 more this evening. I'm having the hardest time with the 2nd challenge (the foot massage videos), because after I spend all this time exercising, I don't have time to massage my feet :) I should be able to complete that Saturday though! I did the kickboxing video after dinner on Monday, and that was a mistake (doing it on a full stomach). I made it through though.
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @tarpguys I hate asparagus too! It's a shame for my husband because he loves it but I only make it for his birthday and sometimes Father's Day. I think it's nasty.

I did the kickboxing this morning, so challenge 1 complete! And planning a run on my lunch break too...can't skip runs with my race in just over two weeks! Ack

I bought a new food to try last night but haven't done it yet. Will follow up tonight or tomorrow with that experience :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR: TUK TUK TO THAILAND!
    DESTINATION: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND! MILES: 5019

VIDEO 1 - CHIANG RAI - HEAVEN OF THE NORTH - 6 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE
    VIDEO 2 - 12 THINGS NOT TO DO IN THAILAND - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING DONE

CHALLENGE #1: “MUAY THAI ANYONE?” (10 POINTS) DONE!!

MUAY THAI (NOT “MAI TAI”!) IS THE NATIONAL SPORT OF THAILAND. IT IS A COMBAT SPORT LIKE NO OTHERS! FIGHTERS USE THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS, SHINS AND HANDS TO IMPLEMENT BONE CRUSHING STRIKES!

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINT FOR CHALLENGE #1 COMPLETE THE 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING VIDEO. YOU CAN ALSO DO OPTION #1: 30 MINUTE KICKBOXING WORK ON YOUR ABS WITH JESSICA SMITH AND PEANUT OR OPTION #2: COMPLETE ALL OF THREE SMALLER VIDEOS 3 TIMES (3X) EACH. IF YOU CHOOSE THIS OPTION YOU MUST COMPLETE 9 VIDEOS (3X3).

1 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #2 : “SABAI (RELAX!) YOUR FEET!” (10 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 10 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #2, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A COMFORTABLE POSITION HAVE ON LOOSE CLOTHING AND SOME NICE LOTION OR OIL IS FUN TOO! SIMPLY DO THE FOUR YOUTUBE VIDEOS TWICE EACH (ONCE FOR EACH FOOT). ***YOUR MASSAGE MINUTES MAY COUNT FOR YOUR MILEAGE MINUTES.

VIDEO 1 (10 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 2 (6.5 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 3 (3.29 MIN) - 0/2 DONE
    VIDEO 4 (4.02 MIN) - 0/2 DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS) DONE!!

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR CHALLENGE #3 JUST EAT SOMETHING YOU’VE BEEN AFRAID TO TRY OR HAVE TRIED IN THE PAST AND DIDN’T LIKE! YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD:

1. WHAT YOU TRIED
    2. A SEPARATE SENTENCE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE THEN (AND ONLY THEN) PUT YOUR “ 5” IN THE CHALLENGE #3 BOX (AT THE SAME TIME AS YOUR POST)! IMPORTANT: YOU MUST FOLLOW THE FORMAT EXACTLY, OR YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT!

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY? ASPARAGUS

2. TELL US ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. I'VE TRIED THIS SEVERAL TIMES SEVERAL DIFFERENT WAYS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN FOND OF THEM. I TRIED AGAIN BUT THIS TIME PICKLED....YEA NO. STILL NOT MY THING.

MINUTES -

349 / 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 141 MINUTES
    TUE - 0 MINUTES
    WED - 208 MINUTES
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Just in case...

CHALLENGE #3: “GRAB A BAG OF BUGS!” (5 POINTS) DONE!!✅

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

ASPARAGUS

I'VE TRIED THIS SEVERAL TIMES SEVERAL DIFFERENT WAYS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN FOND OF THEM. I TRIED AGAIN BUT THIS TIME PICKLED....YEA NO. STILL NOT MY THING.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Hello Smashers. Sorry I haven't been on much but its going to be a tough couple of weeks for me. Since the boys are on vacation I have only 3 days where I can get to the gym (which I stay as long as I can and get in as much as I can) and on the other days I am home with the kids or going out with them. Yesterday we spent the day at a friends house so I were unable to do any workouts and tomorrow we have guests over. I will get to the gym again on Friday and them again on the Saturday and Sunday (fingers crossed). I've got the kickboxing done this morning and I got my challenge 3 done yesterday. I will start working on the foot massages tonight!

@aim630 - I am also struggling to get the massages is but the time I get to sit down and relax I just lay unwilling to move any more. BUT I will make the effort to do some tonight.

@darcijojo - Well done getting those 100 minutes in!

@TaraDanielle40 - I AM ALSO SO VERY READY FOR SPRING. This horrible grey weather really gets me down in the dumps.

@bowlt - Great job with the Kickboxing. What did you decide to try for Challenge 3?

@lpeltenburg - Hope you are feeling better today. My TOM is next week. UGH.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    WAIT A MINUTE!!! WE ARE IN 5TH PLACE!!! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON???
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I will be stepping up here today. The last couple days have been rough. My BLChallenge has me tied to the chair for too much time . BUT i am on my days off today and tomorrow so i will be getting into the weekly challenges for us and making up some minutes and points. Its raining today so i will need to figure something out though. Elliptical and videos I think is gonna be the answer.
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    tarpguys wrote: »
    Thank you all for your prayers last week. I am still here and there is so much that I should say to you all. You are all an inspiration and doing great. Sorry I wasn't all in for you last week. I will do better this week.

For Challenge 3 I tried asparagus, again, and nope still don't like it. The family all inhaled it but to me it's just nasty slimy sticks! Yes it was fresh and our oldest daughter roasted it but I just have to gag it down. Give me my broccoli!

Wait till this summer and grill it. Look for the skinny ones.
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi Smashers! It's been a bad week for me. Home in bed with a weird case of the flu that effects all the muscles in my body. Feel like I have a weighted blanket and so tired! Was able to get a walk on yesterday and have been messaging my feet everyday, feels so good! Hopefully this flu will leave me soon!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Wow, I feel like I had an exorcism yesterday. I had the absolute worst day. It started with a killer workout, then some crap happened in the morning and from then on I literally cried on and off all day. I laid around and ate like crap just crying. Then I got wine drunk. I feel like a different person today lol. Sometimes you just need a day to get it all out I guess.
    I've been trying to add my minutes all week, but the sheets keep crashing on me :| I'm gonna try again!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options

1. WHAT DID YOU TRY?

Turkey meatballs

Good stuff! I could definitely substitute these for regular meatballs, maybe treat myself to actual meatballs every once in a while