TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Finished reflexology videos 3&4. Still haven't had time to fit in the kick boxing. Hoping either tomorrow or Friday I will start them. Just have to finishing putting my exercise mats together so I don't fall on my but. My exercise room has hardwood floors and it sounds like elephants are tromping up there. So I'm hoping the mats will quiet things down a bit.
    Still haven't decided on the food thing yet.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Finished reflexology video 3 doing 1 a day! Will finish tomorrow. Haven't locked down a food yet! I have a sick kid again! Story of my life!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,947 Member
    Options

So you guys got me thinking about foods I hated as a kid. Did anybody's grandmother force Tomato aspic down their throats? This was the grossest thing. The texture is what got to me. Gelatin, tomato soup, chunks of celery and chicken -- or whatever else they wanted to throw in.

iv3mjl0ip953.jpg

So in the spirit of the challenge I looked up recipes. -- my family thinks I'm nuts and it is a crime against my bunt cake pan, but I actually have an aspic setting up in the fridge. It was an updated recipe. Instead of plain gelatin I used sugar free lemon jello. You use tomato sauce instead of soup. Plus I'm sure Nana never added 1/8 teaspoon of hot sauce. I could not bring myself to put chicken or shrimp in it. So, tomorrow night I will have the results. :D:D
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @120maggie I don't envy you that

my mom has been bringing up recipes that I couldn't stand when I was a kid. I told her I would only make a small amount of anything, not to get her hope up
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Good lord, @120maggie, that looks revolting :) You are really taking one for the team with this challenge. I've heard of aspic but never encountered one. In theory, I guess adding shrimp might be tasty - like a big shrimp cocktail - but a thick and slimy one. Godspeed to you in your battle with this one.

Not much of note to report here. Two dog walks (tonight's walk was getting really cold and nasty) and a treadmill run done. Still have two more foot videos and the food trial to go.
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Finished reflexology videos 3&4. Still haven't had time to fit in the kick boxing. Hoping either tomorrow or Friday I will start them. Just have to finishing putting my exercise mats together so I don't fall on my but. My exercise room has hardwood floors and it sounds like elephants are tromping up there. So I'm hoping the mats will quiet things down a bit.
    Still haven't decided on the food thing yet.

I used my yoga mat, which is 1/2 inch thick when I did it. Whenever I exercise upstairs I use one of my 2 mats so I do hear complaints when I am done. My other mat I use downstairs while I am watching tv and I do yoga from my iPad from saved YouTube videos.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @120maggie I think I agree with your family that is a crime against your bundt pan!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'LL BE UPDATING THE WEIGHT-LOSS LEADER SHEET TOMORROW EVENING (THURSDAY).
    BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR WEIGHT, IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF THE CHALLENGE!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    @Vowder, that salad mix looks interesting - it might even convince me to try broccoli. :s
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    Already arrived! Sweet.

Ate salad with Brussel Sprouts.

The Sprouts in the salad aren't that bad. Wasn't my favorite but certainly edible in a salad. I definitely prefer them to Kale. Still a little tentative on eating cooked BS.

Salad with BS... OK.
    Kale. NOT!

What bar are we going to?

Vowder

s9c8v3dybjrv.jpg

I wish they sold that at my grocery store!! I love everything in it - except for BS and Kale. Never tried that yet.

We will have to start looking for our 'watering hole' and line up our bartenders!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    So you guys got me thinking about foods I hated as a kid. Did anybody's grandmother force Tomato aspic down their throats? This was the grossest thing. The texture is what got to me. Gelatin, tomato soup, chunks of celery and chicken -- or whatever else they wanted to throw in.

iv3mjl0ip953.jpg

So in the spirit of the challenge I looked up recipes. -- my family thinks I'm nuts and it is a crime against my bunt cake pan, but I actually have an aspic setting up in the fridge. It was an updated recipe. Instead of plain gelatin I used sugar free lemon jello. You use tomato sauce instead of soup. Plus I'm sure Nana never added 1/8 teaspoon of hot sauce. I could not bring myself to put chicken or shrimp in it. So, tomorrow night I will have the results. :D:D

I hope it tastes better than it looks!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    9oo2qve7bo0l.png
    1oidwg9dlm2k.png

o8kndtyo52uj.png

I found the bar!! It's called The Speakeasy Rooftop Bar!! What a view!! Still taking applications for our bartenders!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Oh aspic-that stuff is nasty! We have a Christmas golf tournament that's really really fun then a luncheon afterwards. Many years ago, one of the older ladies was in charge of the tournament and she chose aspic for the luncheon. Yeah, that didn't go over so well.

@vowder-I really like raw Kale in a salad. You have to massage it though first. Pick out the woody stems, add a vinaigrette then squeeze the kale for a couple of minutes until it turns a bright green. So good! Throw in some pumpkin seeds and feta and yum!

I'm going to the store today so gonna browse and see what I can see. I don't want to wait until we get to the Mediterranean restaurant on Saturday in case it falls through.

Good job team getting to Thailand already!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    WE GOT HERE SO QUICKLY WE CAN SPEND
    "ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK"
    BEFORE MOVING ON TO CHIANG RAI. :smiley:

WOULD YOU ALL PREFER RIVERFRONT:
    teasers-affordable.jpg

OR SKY HIGH?
    sky-bar1.jpg
    This is reportedly the highest open air bar in the world! B)
  • hawkins410
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @mamaelf2008: I was so excited to get to Bangkok, I totally didn't see your "Speakeasy"! It looks gorgeous! :)
    @120maggie: The pan must be a pretty one. The results...ummm...maybe Maggie will like it! Not like Fluffy spitting out Ingrid's beets! ;)
    @GSXRGIRL61: I shouldn't be laughing over your poop story because it must have been scary, but it is pretty darn funny! :D
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    xlmjbi3s6nln.png
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/9n/9v5ttp6lhl1t. png[/img]
    0ksob481lw51.png
    efgizzoim704.png
    tu9z2bljeb2y.png

So I found a few bartenders. The fur baby just happen to find one too. I also found a personal chef. Although @Vowder I don't think will be too interested in eating. He will have his hands full!! Hahahaa

Great job team!!! We're rocking it this week!!!

Now I must get back to work. Have a great day everyone
  • hawkins410
    edited February 2017
    Options
    tu9z2bljeb2y.png
    Can I have this one please? Only because Tara wants to play with his dog! Yeah, and that's the only reason! :D