TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Ingrid2017, I love pickled beets! Regular are just bleh. Good job choking down half a can!!

I too am a lover of pickled beets since I was a small child! I can eat them like freaking candy!

@120maggie and @hawkins410 -I will go wherever there is booze and hot guys!!! (I almost said I am easy and realized with this group that would be bad. LOL!)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing video workout complete and I pulled something doing it. Woke up this morning a little stiff and it just keeps getting tighter as the morning wears on. Waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in. I mimicked the moves and it seems to be punching the left arm across that did it. So now I will have to do that video again to loosen it up. There are 10 challenge points down anyway.

Beet chips sound do-able. Maybe I will try that if I can’t easily find a golden beet to purchase.

Aspic = m4buud64yu4r.jpg ,
    but I will eat it. Especially when it was to make grandma happy.

@Vowder – interesting mix. I may consider tossing that in with regular salad greens for a variety.

@Hawkins410 I will take either accommodation. Gorgeous!

And @mamaelf2008 I am ready for a drink. @Like mswanger09 – I’m easy.

Got 100 miles in yesterday so maybe I can catch up and make the 700 for the week. I am really enjoying these workouts.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    mswanger09 wrote: »
    @Ingrid2017, I love pickled beets! Regular are just bleh. Good job choking down half a can!!

I too am a lover of pickled beets since I was a small child! I can eat them like freaking candy!

@120maggie and @hawkins410 -I will go wherever there is booze and hot guys!!! (I almost said I am easy and realized with this group that would be bad. LOL!)

I think last week or the week before I was told I was easy!! So no worries. We're not easy, it just doesn't take much to make us happy!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    No heights! I don't like them! Of course, I guess I could just check out what the bartenders are making instead of looking out the window. Yeah, that's the ticket!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Vowder: So much to do in Bangkok, and so little time!
    e1sprv7nksvd.jpg

Play this song, and it will be hard to get out of your head:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU
    ONLY ONE NIGHT! ;)
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for the bars and bartenders!!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    No heights! I don't like them! Of course, I guess I could just check out what the bartenders are making instead of looking out the window. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Yes please keep an eye on what the bartenders are "making" heehee
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Finished the reflexology videos! Not too shabby on minutes today either!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,962 Member
    Options
    Challenge Three:
    What I tried, Tomato Aspic.
    Why?--- just a flashback to being a kid spending two weeks outside Boston at my Grand parents and being dragged to the bridge party luncheons and having to eat it.
    The experience, still gross! I thought it would be better because I used an updated recipe. The texture is the same. Didn't even offer it to Maggie. Just pitched it.
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Today I finished the reflexology videos and my husband figured the food challenge for me. He ordered a small pepperoni, sausage and ANCHOVY pizza knowing they make me gag, he picked it up while I was doing the last of my reflexology and I chocked down 2 small pieces because he said it wasn't enough, then the rest went in the garbage.
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

Challenge 3:
    What I tried - Indian Bittermelon
    Why - When I was back in India my dad use to make us eat it when we were kids. Not my favorite vegetable at all. If you eat it raw it's bitter then anything else I have ever tasted but after you cooked the bitterness is still there but not as much as eating raw. Yicks... It has lot of good nutrients if you make juice out of it.
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @mamaelf2008 I like the speakeasy and the entertainment ;)

@GSXRGIRL61: I burst out laughing reading about your poop, I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't help myself. Ended up telling my husband about it when he asked me what I was laughing about :D

@120maggie @hawkins410 I think we all are a little easy with booze involved

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Ah, Jodi - sorry the aspic was as horrible as it sounded. :)

@mts7471 I looked up Indian bitter melon and it's very interesting looking! Sorry it doesn't taste great though. The name having bitter right in it doesn't sound too tempting.

@aenglehardt347 sounds like a sad waste of pizza. I don't think I've ever really tried anchovies now that I think about it.

I still need to try my food for the challenge. I'll try to stop by the store tomorrow and pick something up. I finished the reflexology videos just now though. I liked video 2 the best of all of them I think because the ankle warm up felt good. My ankle tendons have a tendency (ha!) to get sore with running, so I should do that more often. My feet feel pretty good but the magic of reflexology on the other parts of the body seems to have eluded me.

More of the same weather wise here today - snow and cold on an endless loop. Another couple of freezing cold dog walks and a treadmill run completed. Stella tried out boots for the first time today. She did really well and returned home with 75% of them still on her feet. One came off at not far from the end so I consider it pretty good. I guess it won't let me upload a video, but she was pretty adorable. :)
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    bxo68oj7gu1o.png
    This sums up my day! Foot massage and my feet are still killing me! I am only counting 148 mins as exercise mins the rest was work! I should sleep well tonight!

That is insane!

Well done!

Wild.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Did the kickboxing class today. It was tough. Something you have to do often to get into the rhythm.

Went for a 15 minute (hard) swim afterward.

Any advice:

My left ankle is really starting to get sore... particularly after a long treadmill. It gets bad enough that I limp for the balance of the day.

Do I just
    1) get off the treadmill for a while
    2) get some kind of massage or physiotherapy
    3) start some kind of stretching exercise
    4) something else...

Thanks,

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Ah, Jodi - sorry the aspic was as horrible as it sounded. :)

@mts7471 I looked up Indian bitter melon and it's very interesting looking! Sorry it doesn't taste great though. The name having bitter right in it doesn't sound too tempting.

ys6nv87dlvs0.jpg

My dad even today drinks juice from it...Yicks