• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Fitbit users: mamaelf2008@gmail.com
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    Did the kickboxing class today. It was tough. Something you have to do often to get into the rhythm.

Went for a 15 minute (hard) swim afterward.

Any advice:

My left ankle is really starting to get sore... particularly after a long treadmill. It gets bad enough that I limp for the balance of the day.

Do I just
    1) get off the treadmill for a while
    2) get some kind of massage or physiotherapy
    3) start some kind of stretching exercise
    4) something else...

Thanks,

My two cents......

I would highly recommend stretching exercises and then doing some balance exercises to strengthen the muscles around your ankle. The following link includes a bunch of rehab exercises I had to do for my knee, and they ended up strengthening my ankles more than anything. You may need to take a break from the treadmill for awhile until you get it stronger (don't injure yourself). So......just my thoughts.....I hope it helps some.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/rehabilitation-exercises/lower-leg-ankle-exercises
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    eabrhbyvvyjv.png
    I woke up kinda dragging this morning and congested but did my morning walk and I am determined to have a great day!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Only one more reflexology video to go! I'm with @katharmonic -my feet (and hands today!) feel great but can't see it translating to the rest of my body!

I picked up some Brussels sprouts yesterday at Trader Joe's. I figure I can make them for college boys birthday dinner and I know he and his girlfriend like them so it won't be a waste if I start gagging immediately. Definitely plan to roast them with EVOO since that's my preferred method for most vegetables. (Yum, cauliflower!)

My minutes were super low yesterday. Busy doing errands and I think I wore my workout clothes until 4:30 when I finally gave up hope of getting to the gym.

@TamiJo1004 -that's a crazy day! I think my most ever was 25,000 when we walked a zillion miles in Paris last Race. You needed those foot massages!

Have a great day all!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Add bacon to your Brussels sprouts, bacon makes everything delicious!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Hmmm, I wonder if I roasted broccoli with bacon if I could choke that down... :s
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    OPERATION "YUCKY FOOD" WAS A SUCCESS! :)
    My vegetarian husband has tried for 20 years to get me to enjoy his "fake meat" hot dogs, hamburgers, sausages, etc. We made a Tofurky at Thanksgiving once, but the dog wouldn't even eat it! :D
    Last night he made me tacos with his fake hamburger meat. I have even tried that before and didn't like it. But this time, he put good seasonings in it and I added onions, pickles, hot sauce, mustard, and cilantro. And I liked it!! :smiley:
    Tara even liked it!
    The best part was that it was low on carbs and high on protein. I will be eating more tonight. :)
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    All videos of reflexology videos completed.
    All challenges have been completed
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    Did the kickboxing class today. It was tough. Something you have to do often to get into the rhythm.

Went for a 15 minute (hard) swim afterward.

Any advice:

My left ankle is really starting to get sore... particularly after a long treadmill. It gets bad enough that I limp for the balance of the day.

Do I just
    1) get off the treadmill for a while
    2) get some kind of massage or physiotherapy
    3) start some kind of stretching exercise
    4) something else...

Thanks,

My two cents......

I would highly recommend stretching exercises and then doing some balance exercises to strengthen the muscles around your ankle. The following link includes a bunch of rehab exercises I had to do for my knee, and they ended up strengthening my ankles more than anything. You may need to take a break from the treadmill for awhile until you get it stronger (don't injure yourself). So......just my thoughts.....I hope it helps some.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/rehabilitation-exercises/lower-leg-ankle-exercises

I do agree with you. This week from Monday I have lessen the cardio machine activity. I have started doing more and more of upper body workout, lower body workout. The leg one yesterday it was at 37 mins. I like to build more strength in my arms and my legs.
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,260 Member
    Options
    So a food I've been tempted to try but have always shied away from is sushi. Somehow the thought of raw fish is just gross to me. Today I bought dragon rolls made with shrimp, rice, avocado, and I guess seaweed. It was really good, especially when I didn't add the wasabi (boy, that'll open up one's sinuses!) to the last few pieces. I also didn't put soy sauce on it. The sodium count is already pretty darned high.

I will say that I really wanted to try the crusted crab roll with the yummy looking sauce on top, but I looked at the sodium count (1320 mg for 1 serving!). Needless to say, I didn't get that one.
  • LeoLivingByDesign
    LeoLivingByDesign Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ingrid2017 wrote: »
    My apologies to anyone who actually likes beets...I'm sure they're an acquired taste (as is dirt, so I've heard...).

Have a Great Day Everyone! :smiley:

@junodog1 Yupper, this is the way to go!

The best way to eat them is pickled. lol
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    I blame (thank?) @Vowder for this... I just ate broccoli and it wasn't bad... of course with all the other junk in there I wasn't really sure what was what but it made for a crunchy salad. Thanks V! :D
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Well crap, it doesn't want to load my photo of my bagged "super food" salad - kale, broccoli leaves, brussel sprouts, carrots and baby spinach.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Hmmm, I wonder if I roasted broccoli with bacon if I could choke that down... :s

Its delicious!!!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Ingrid2017 wrote: »
    My apologies to anyone who actually likes beets...I'm sure they're an acquired taste (as is dirt, so I've heard...).

Have a Great Day Everyone! :smiley:

@junodog1 Yupper, this is the way to go!

The best way to eat them is pickled. lol

I agree!!!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sorry team,but have spent most of the day travelling back and forth to an interview - will do better tomorrow !
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Just drown in cheese! I can even get my husband to eat it with cheese!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I asked college boy what vegetable he wanted for his birthday dinner and he said "anything but broccoli!". The cycle of life continues. My mom ruined peas and asparagus for me, I ruined broccoli for my kids!