TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @lpeltenburg you are a brave girl. I don't drink a lot but when I visit my sister I am a win-no. Camping spots are picked around wine tours. I am not giving up bread too but I tell you I feel a ton better not eating it most of the time. I eat a S&%# load of veggies. and fruit.
    I am kind of looking into the whole 30 thing. I find it to be interesting. Because I am writing this book I am looking at it from the point of what the concept of the diet is. If I am remembering right Whole 30 cuts dairy and a couple of other things I am unwilling to leave behind. I have switched from putting mild cheese on my salads to less of a bolder cheese. Top on the list is goat feta.
  • lynnbaum
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have my tablet with me so I am hoping to watch the videos at the gym tonight. While on the treadmill not sitting on a bench.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    We're in need of back-up players for the Wait-List. If you know of anyone who might be interested in trying out the race over the last few weeks, please refer them to the sign-up sheet, which is found on the Main Group page under "Announcements".

Thank you! :)
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @lynnbaum I have tried to post a picture of what I was talking about but it will not load for me.

The ingredients are: Organic Coconut Water from Concentrate, Purified Water, Milk Protein from Grass-Fed Cows Concentrate, Erythritol, Dutch Cocoa Powder, Coconut Cream, Acacia Gum, Vanilla Extract, Monopotassium Phosphate, Trisodium Phosphate, Cocoa Bean Gum, Stevia Leaf Extract.

There is no Sugar. I don't eat sugar either.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    FYI erythritol is sugar alcohol, which can lead to diarrhea & abdominal gas.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    I did a C & P of what you had posted. You can send me a pic 262-939-8514 I looked it up on the web and thought I had the correct one. My point is that is they both have a form of sugar in it I might as well drink the chocolate because I already buy it for dear husband and I have to leave something else behind. The one thing that I found is that as soon as I said I was leaving sugar behind I saw sugar every where. Most of the time I don't really give it a second look and think about what a waste of calories it is but now I am looking at it like I can't have it. I need to get back to I don't want it because it is a waste of calories. This was part of what my first book was about, how we think about food and the power we give our thoughts. I talk about what we are really deprived of and my answer was that I was nutrition deprived so I am leaving behind things that don't do any good for the body. I could of given up seconds, which is also really hard. Just because it is good doesn't mean more is better. I made and had lentil soup last night and my mind said- have another bowl because there is more hot in the pot and my stomach said -uuummm no that's OK I am good. There will be food again in the morning. I am also leaving all that negative talk behind. No place for that on this trail.
  • lynnbaum
    Options
    Any one ever use this link? http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=product&id=6351DF40-9930-11E2-9B11-1231381A4CEA I think I fount the product we are talking about. The link evaluates food products. It is kind of cool
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey Smashers, I worked my butt off at the rec center this morning. I've already done challenge one and I'll post all that later when I'm on my computer. I'm giving up chocolate/sweets this week. I needed this challenge. I've been really bad about sweet snacks the last few weeks. A day and a half done.

I don't remember who said they were giving up cheese, but pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do that. Good luck!
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have to say, Alaska has always been high on my list of places to visit but now I REALLY want to see those Northern Lights!

WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING Done!

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS)
    I am going to choose option 2 with possibility of making it to option 3

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS)
    I am going to go for Option 1--the videos

0 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!” (5 POINTS)
    I am going to give up Chocolate as I will usually have a piece at some point during the day

2/5 DAYS DONE
    MON - No Chocolate
    TUE - No Chocolate
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

311/ 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 135
    TUE - 176
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    @carinamenina Good luck on your Half this weekend, wishing you a PR!!!
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @lpeltonburg Yes erythritol is a sugar alcohol but that is very different than sugar. Cane and/or Organic sugar is about 50/50 glucose and fructose. Glucose our bodies need and can use, but we can get all that we need from fruit. Fructose on the other hand we have to break down in our livers. Not real good for our livers. The sugar alcohol doesn't have the same properties. It doesn't spike your blood sugar at all and most people can tolerate it just fine.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1 - I choose the frostbite footrace.

I walked over 5k yesterday because it was a nice morning and I wanted to check out the new roads in our development. After the gym today though I completed the Iditarod. Managed that one with a mixture of walking and elliptical. :smile:
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    JUST A REMINDER: WEIGHT TRACKER LEADER SHEET WILL UPDATE TOMORROW EVENING!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    WEEK SIX: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    DESTINATION: ANCHORAGE, ALASKA - MILEAGE: 4997

AWARD YOURSELF MINUTES FOR STAYING ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

VIDEO 1 - "IDITAROD TRILER" - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 2 - “HOW THE DIPHTHERIA OUTBREAK SPAWNED THE IDATAROD” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 3 - “HOLD TIGHT SLED DOG RIDE” - 4 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 4 - “ALASKA TIMELAPSE FILM” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 5 - “ALASKA’S EPIC NORTHERN LIGHTS” - 3 MINUTES FOR WATCHING
    VIDEO 6 - “BRILLIANT TIME LAPSE” - 2 MINUTES FOR WATCHING

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (10 POINTS)
    I am going to choose option 3

CHALLENGE #2: “BE ABLE TO PUSH YOUR SLED!” (10 POINTS)
    I am going to go for Option 1--the videos

0 VIDEO/1 VIDEO DONE!

CHALLENGE #3: “LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD!” (5 POINTS)
    I am going to give up Ice Cream

2/5 DAYS DONE
    MON - No Ice cream
    TUE - No Ice cream
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

242/ 700 MINUTES DONE

MON - 100
    TUE - 142
    WED -
    THU -
    FRI -
    SAT -
    SUN -

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Never mind. Was gonna post something funny and it didn't work :s
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @plainanjelik that's a good one!! I love cheese so much but I actually didn't buy any this week so I didn't have the temptation !
    @lynnbaum I'd love to hear about your whole 30 experience if you do it! I've been wanting to give it a try, but there's no way the hubby would do it with me so it would be so hard!!
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I chose option 1 for Challenge #1: 2.5K Frostbite Footrace. I walked 2.7K last night after work, but had to stop because it was getting dark. I wanted to make it to 5K, but don't know if the weather will cooperate this week!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    qnec54e320m9.png
    Any Smashers want to join me on this an adventure in March? I started today! :)
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had to Google russian twist. :) I need to do more of this type of exercise in addition to walking. After the fitness blender video for challenge 2 this week, I've been really sore, but a good kind of sore, which tells me I need to work more on push-ups, crunches, and lunges. I will attempt this!

Yesterday was day 1 without chocolate. Someone brought in a big tray of chocolate chip cookies, which I avoided. There are leftovers today, I'm just walking past them. I had an apple instead.