Did you swim today?

Options

Replies

• Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    4000 yards @ 75 minutes - still just focused on changing my catch and pull.
  • dwisehart
    dwisehart Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Today was a rinse-and-repeat of yesterday. Are you getting bored with this yet? I am not. I am making progress, though it is inches and I have yards to go still.

90 minutes, working on breathing with a variety of drills, roughly 3000 yards, 587 active calories.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2500 metres

200 warmup

Twice through
    2x 50 kick on 1.30
    2x 50 pull on 1.15
    2x 50 swim on 1.00

Twice through
    200 free on 4.00 (sub 3.00)
    2x 100 free on 2.00 (sub 1.20)
    4x 50 free on 1.10 (sub 36)

50 back kick 10s rest
    100 back kick 20s rest
    150 back kick

200 warmdown

Am now ready to go to sleep and it's not even 4pm!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Adult Swim Club. 1650m
    Warm-up 100 kick, 100 Free

3 x
    50m Shark ( 25m Left/25m right; works on your roll & kick :# )
    50m Touch - Touch/Shark ( Lead Hand Stationary: Pull, Touch Lead, Recycle above Water to Hip)
    50m 6 kick ( Slow Pull/Fast Kick )
    100m Free incorporating exaggerated Body Roll, Slow Pull with Fast Kick tempo

2x
    50m 2 Arm Back Stroke - Ensure Arm's are balanced and equidistant on centerline
    50m 6 Kick Bk ( exaggerate Body Roll, Slow Pull/Fast Kick )
    50m 1 Arm Bk - exaggerate Body Roll & Fast Kick
    100m Bk - Put it all together

3x
    25m Virginia Drill; Kick against wall until whistle, flip & sprint

125m Easy Cool down
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Got a nice 12+ hour sleep last night. Woke up at 4:45am.
    Hit the pool and did my 4 mile swim.
    Mixed in several 50yd sprint @45s lap
    A couple 100yd sprints at 1:40 per.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    MAN, I miss swimming when I haven't done it in a while! Today was the first day in almost two weeks-- conferences, travel, Spring break, more conferences.

Got in about 70 minutes
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,265 Member
    Options
    Got my mile in right before class. 45 minutes. Had a lane to myself until a woman joined while I was at the opposite end of the pool. Didn't wait for me. Thank god I saw her before I pushed off... And the lane next to us was empty. And stayed empty.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    1 mile @ 57 minutes
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    @girlwithcurls2 do you circle swim with two people in a lane, or just each take a side? Just curious how others do it and why!
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Two people I tend to split the lane, more than two you have to circle.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    @MonkeyMel21 With 2 people it's usually split the lane. Unless you have a person with control issues and insists on circle swimming even when he is the only person in the lane ( we have 1-2 of these special people ). I always try to negotiate with who ever is in the lane. Nothing worse than constantly catching up to a slower swimmer and then they start to lane block preventing you from passing.
  • dwisehart
    Options
    @girlwithcurls2 do you circle swim with two people in a lane, or just each take a side? Just curious how others do it and why!

Unless they are my friend and I know we swim the same speed or don't mind waiting, I split the lane, which is the same as just each taking a side. Circling is for well matched people who are working together.
  • dwisehart
    Options
    Yesterday was another rinse-and-repeat of breathing work. 3,000 yards, 90 minutes, 559 active calories. It was also my 75th day in a row of meeting my daily active calorie goal, which is 900 active calories. I am walking five miles a day or a bit more as well to make up the additional calories.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    4000 yards @ 75 minutes

Okay this whole changing your stroke thing? Harder than you might think. My elbows like the change though and so does my breathing. It feels easier physically. Now to make it the habit and not have to be quite so mindful of it.
  • dwisehart
    Options
    Rinse and repeat of the last several days: breathing drills. But what happened today is that something clicked and somehow it was easier doing the same drills than the days before. It is not as easy as I think it should be yet, but it is better. 90 minutes, 4000 yards, 670 active calories.
  • juliet3455
    Options
    Adult Swim Club. 1600m While walking to the Pool I just knew that I was going to struggle today, 5 km run with our local Running Club Yesterday - Hills and a few more Hills.

Warm-up
    100m Free, 100m kick

2x KICK :s
    50m 6 Kick Switch
    50m 6 Beat
    100m Free

5x Free
    100m, 1-3 Descending, 4 Pull, 5 Sprint 10s RI

2x Breast
    50m Scull -Pull
    50m Kick
    100m

100m Cooldown
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    2600m of death by backstroke

200 warmup

3x 200 back as kick/swim by 50 (30s rest)

50 back at race pace
    50 back kick max

3x 200 back as pull/swim by 50 (30s rest)

50 back at race pace
    50 back kick max

3x 200 back swim steady (30s rest)
    3.12 3.13 3.12

50 back at race pace
    50 kick max

300 pull as warmdown
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,265 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @MonkeyMel21 With 2 people it's usually split the lane. Unless you have a person with control issues and insists on circle swimming even when he is the only person in the lane ( we have 1-2 of these special people ). I always try to negotiate with who ever is in the lane. Nothing worse than constantly catching up to a slower swimmer and then they start to lane block preventing you from passing.

This. We split, but she didn't wait to make any kind of contact with me. I wear glasses, so I don't see who is at the other end of the lane. I do have commercial prescription goggles (so they're not perfect), so I can see if there is a body down there, but she should have waited until I returned and then asked to split. She's a really nice gal, I talked to her in class one day, but clearly she doesn't understand etiquette...
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    4000 yards @ 75 minutes.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm always open to learning better etiquette! I feel like I have totally just jumped in lanes several times before, when needed, with someone without making eye contact! But I don't think I've ever put anyone out or blocked anyone....I try to pay attention to what's going on. I have commercial rx goggles too and hated swimming before I got them! I've never had to circle swim, yet, but I worry about when that day comes because from what I see I swim faster than 80-90% of the others at the pools I go to.