Brenda's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You're on a roll!! Back to your 2 miles...whoo hoo!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling so much better with my new shoes :)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Show us your shoes! Pic!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good shoes are very important! Good you got some. I think this exercise will help you a lot for transitioning to eating more when you reach your goal.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling so much better with my new shoes :)

Quite awesome to try something that gives good results!
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sketchers Elite with memory foam insoles :)lunux9lopv4x.jpg
  • amflautist
    Options
    Yay!! (Wish my feet were small enough to wear regular women's shoes.)
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2017
    Options
    These are size 7 1/2 wide and they aren't new but the ones I wore last summer and I could never walk outdoors in them comfortably but they work great on the treadmill :) But since I've lost weight I don't think I need the wide width anymore, So next time I get shoes I'll be trying the regular width.
  • KetoKaHee
    Options
    OMG! I used to be sponsored by Sketchers ha! Their office is in Manhattan Beach down the street from where I used to live in LA. Glad you found use for them on your treadmill! By the way I'm doing my 48 hour fast today! Second one all thanks to you Brenda! You Rock girlfriend!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I wish they would sponsor me :p 48 hours :) You go girl!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Treadmill Workouts
    Day...Miles...Minutes
    3.........1.5........15 Need new shoes :(
    4.........1...........25 New shoes :)
    5.........REST.........
    6.........REST.........
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    wow check out those minutes!!!
  • KetoKaHee
    Options
    Dang! I know....you are a walking machine!!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    LOL, It's the shoes!!! :p
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Very good! I've read a bit about wide toes shoes because I've got a morton's neuroma between my 3rd and 4th toes on my right foot. Feels like I'm walking on waded up socks. Wide toe shoes are supposed to help and also putting a thin pad under the ball of the big toe so it takes up more load. I developed this when I got my last pair of running shoes and I think from gout which caused me to take load off of my big toe and walk on the other toes. Articles I read say the end of the toes should be the widest part of the foot for foot health and not where the second joint connects to the foot. Something to think about. I've been fine my whole life with normal shoes but not now.
  • amflautist
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Feels like I'm walking on waded up socks.

@blambo61 This happened to me, on the left foot. Coincidently I was in physical therapy for my (right) knee at the time. Physical therapist told me a nerve that runs from my spinal cord down through my foot was getting pinched at the bottom of my foot. He showed me how to do a simple, very gentle stretching exercise. Verrry gentle, because the purpose was to slowly get the nerve running in its groove again, not to annoy or inflame it. Took less than a week to fix it - still OK now after more than a year.

You might try a physical therapist.

• Brendalea69
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Very good! I've read a bit about wide toes shoes because I've got a morton's neuroma between my 3rd and 4th toes on my right foot. Feels like I'm walking on waded up socks. Wide toe shoes are supposed to help and also putting a thin pad under the ball of the big toe so it takes up more load. I developed this when I got my last pair of running shoes and I think from gout which caused me to take load off of my big toe and walk on the other toes. Articles I read say the end of the toes should be the widest part of the foot for foot health and not where the second joint connects to the foot. Something to think about. I've been fine my whole life with normal shoes but not now.

You should really try a pair of wide width shoes, our bodies don't treat us very well when we get older!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Treadmill Workouts
    Day...Miles...Minutes
    3.........1.5........15 Need new shoes :(
    4.........1...........25 New shoes :)
    5.........REST.........
    6.........REST.........

11.......3...........60....400 Calories Burned :)
    I feel really good tonight so I'm going to try to do this from now on!!!
  • KetoKaHee
    Options
    3 miles a day!! Dang girlfriend you are on fire!! I went from working out twice a day to sitting on my butt for 9 hours to go home and slump on the couch for another 3 ha ha! You inspire me to move!! I have tomorrow off so I will be doing spin classes for the next 3 days!