Brenda's OMAD Journey

Options

Replies

• KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    48 hours. So I'll have dinner tonight and won't eat again until Thursday evening. Wish me luck!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    That's what I do too...Good luck!!! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    That's what I thought too!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    KetoKaHee wrote: »
    48 hours. So I'll have dinner tonight and won't eat again until Thursday evening. Wish me luck!

Good luckkk :)
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My leg hurts and I got a sore on the back of my ankle...I know it's from my shoes being old and wornout so tonight I'm wearing my Fitkicks on the treadmill :)
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I had to look up Fitkicks...I first I thought they we socks! But they have grippy bottoms. So cute! Well at least you can buy some new tennis shoes!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    No more treadmill for me...The bottom of my legs hurt so bad while I'm walking that I couldn't even do my 2 miles, I only did a mile and a half tonight... I'm not sure if I started out walking too fast or if my body just can't handle the treadmill...I have no problem walking outside so when the weather gets better that's what I will do :(
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Shoes are so important. I was doing the elliptical at work and I figured my feet aren't leaving the footrests, right? So no need for athletic shoes. Worked out in the boots I wear at work. WRONG!!! Feet started to bother me, really bad. Went to athletic shoes and it cleared up.

A local physical therapist does running shoe evaluations for $25, no prescription needed (because it's not therapy). Worth four times that! I went to get this done years ago, and tweaks to my choice of shoes and stretching took 20 years off my legs.

You don't have to be a runner for such things. At the time, I was walking on a treadmill too, and I could only go every other day because it would put me down with pain. She completely fixed my problem with the right shoe, over-the-counter insert, and stretching that was targeted to my specific condition, tight calves in my case.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yea I never used to think much about shoes, but they are the one thing I will not skimp on when I find a good pair.
    My fav is new balance, I find it hard to find a pair that isn't super bright or flashy, but when I do it worth it, that's a downfall of having large feet lol
  • blambo61
    Options
    Could be one doing it or all other stuff mentioned. Good shoes are important.
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Wearing my Fitkicks didn't help either but I was already hurting so that was probably why...I'm going to get new shoes this weekend and try it again but start out slower this time...Im a girl but I DONT like shoes, can you believe that? :p
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    Wearing my Fitkicks didn't help either but I was already hurting so that was probably why...I'm going to get new shoes this weekend and try it again but start out slower this time...Im a girl but I DONT like shoes, can you believe that? :p

I'm the same!!! I dont like shoes either!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

Two barefoot weight loss bosses!!! :D:D:D
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I like flip flops lol my husband always bugs me cause, if there's no snow, Ill even wear them sometimes in the winter.
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I cannot wear flip flops, I hate that thing between my toes :p
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    leveejohn wrote: »

Two barefoot weight loss bosses!!! :D:D:D

Too funny!!! :D
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options

haha this is so funny cos again, I feel the same :)
  • Brendalea69
    Options

haha this is so funny cos again, I feel the same :)

LOL, maybe were related and don't even know it!!! :p
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I tried walking slower tonight and wore my summer shoes and my legs didnt hurt at all :)

Treadmill Workouts
    Day...Miles...Minutes
  • blambo61
    Options
    It will get easier as you go!