Like Minded Lushes - April 2017

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I managed to drop those pounds I gained which puts me back to still needing to lose weight but I'm where I've been stuck for a while...
    Hoping I don't gain while on my bday getaway. Weather will be perfect so there should be lots of beach walking and pool activity to offset the booze. Laundry and packing today which needs to be done with wine :D
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Nice work, Ashley!!!!

Monday-3 1/2
    Tuesday-3
    Wednesday-1 vodka/sprite
    Thursday-why stop now...maybe 1 or 2?!
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What's your favorite sweet or salty snack? Mine is Skinnypop white cheddar popcorn! Just love it! Oh and chocolate, of course.
  • kblue2007
    edited April 2017
    Options
    SO funny.....my boss literally just ate that :laugh:
    My favorite snack are pretzels....I soooooo miss good pretzels. It's just want happens when a Philly girl moves to the other side of the country, in the middle of the Pacific ocean :ohwell:
    While I prefer a soft pretzel, hard pretzels do the trick!!!!
    And yes, of course chocolate!! We currently have dark chocolate coffee macadamia nuts, SOOOO GOOD!!! I might have had two servings last night!!!
  • gwenm4
    Options
    It was a good week. Best week in a looonngg time.
    Mon = 0
    Tues = 0
    Wed = 1
    Thurs = 0
    Friday (I am taking myself out for a healthy lunch + one glass of wine).

And, to top things off, I just weighed in for the first time in a long time and I'm down 5 pounds from my last check in here. Going to try to keep the moderation up over the weekend and back on track with zeros next week and weigh in on Friday. I think much of it was my calorie intake as I didn't do much exercising. Trying to find the happy balance, like I know we all are. Happy Friday all!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am hungover. I haven't said that in a long time. Doug was officially laid off yesterday. 30 and half years with a company he loved and bam! He is heartbroken. We drank away his tears last night. So let's see, $2100 truck repair that wasn't the problem, Shoulder pain and surgery and now this. I am struggling to remain positive for him. This just really sucks.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Gwen! Great job!

I love pretzels too. My favorite snack is Triscuits with yellow mustard and Swiss cheese. For sweet, anything dark chocolate! I had an almond dark chocolate turtle with sea salt last night. Yum!

My week has ended up pretty well. I feel like I have been mindful in my drinking generally, which is good.

Mon - 0
    Tues - 3
    Wed - 6 (over about 6 hours)
    Thurs - glass of wine on walk to dinner, beer at dinner, glass of wine at home. I left an open bottle in my fridge!

And I slept great last night, got up at 6:15, went for a nice walk in flip flops (so I was not tempted to take off running) with no music. It was peaceful. Finished off with a little yoga.

Have a great weekend!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Robin, sorry to hear about Doug being laid off!! Sending positive thoughts your way- and hope that while this door has closed, another will open for you both!

My week was moderate, and I am happy with that.
    Mon-2
    Tues-0
    Wed- 2
    Thurs- 1

Fri- I feel the hankering for some whiskey tonight!
  • gwenm4
    Options
    Robin, sending big hugs your way! Stay positive! Hope you have a good weekend.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Oh Robin, that's horrible!! I'm so sorry. I hope things turn around for you both but in the meantime I'm sure you're scared and angry. *hugs*

Gwen I eat skinny pop white cheddar alllllll the time. I don't think you're supposed to eat the whole bag in one day though, right? :|
    Off to a little bday celebration before MILs cancer surgery next week...looking forward to chillin :drinker:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ITS FRIDAY! MY LEAFS ARE PLAYING!, nothing better then hockey and drinks! a bottle of red in the hot tub first! I kicked *kitten* today! I LOVE MY CARDIO! AND I LOVE MY WINE!, and vodka!, hey and gin and fresca, so so yum.downed a lot of ciders lately, I wonder if I could go drink free for a month. um...... NOPE!. so drinks on me! CHEERS!
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well Easter weekend just knocked me right the hell off track this week. No morning yoga, have had a headache literally since Monday and I think I am super dehydrated. Trying to get back on track... Monday is a new week, right? Small victory, I didn't gain anything so that was a plus. And judging from my dehydrated -water-retaining bloat I have happening right now I may have lost a half pound or so... Trying to drink a ton of water this weekend and eat incredibly clean... will weigh in on Monday and see what's up. Eight more weeks to Mudder, yikes. I really need to get on working up my cardio between now and then...
  • Meggers120Now
    Options
    Robin I just saw your post about Doug... I am so sorry. My dad went through a similar situation a number of years ago and it was soooooooooo hard. I hope you both are doing ok.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I am so sorry Robin!!!! Things can only get better and in the meantime try and continue to smile xoxoxo

Happy Birthday Sydney!!!

Monday-3 1/2
    Tuesday-3
    Wednesday-1
    Thursday-3 Manhattans
    Friday-margarita :)

Tomorrow, will be cleaning the condo, drinks will positively happen
    Sunday, Lenny's parents arrive....and drinks will most likely happen allllll week long!!! We go to Big Island Wednesday, back next Sunday!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Robin - I'm SO sorry about Doug's streak of misfortune - thinking about you both, sometimes the supporting role is a *kitten*!!

Oops! I had an incredibly lushy week...not even going to break it down cause it's too embarrassing...and the scale reflected it! This coming week WILL be better, it has to be :#
    I love skinnypop as does my hubby. However, Ron tends to polish off a whole bag, which I'm pretty sure takes away the skinny part....annoyingly though, he still loses weight every week... :s Good for him though! Jealousy for me!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Sorry Robin. :(

I'm going to have to try Skinny Pop. I have heard of it but never had it.

I actually feel pretty decent about my alcohol consumption last week. I drank most days, but was pretty mindful about it.

Mon - 0
    Tues - 3
    Wed - 6
    Thurs - 3
    Fri - wine on the way up to the brewery. We ended up going next door to pick up our carry out and had a drink there instead because the brewery was packed. I had another glass of wine at home and I think that's it = 3
    Sat - 2 ciders, 1 Smirnoff watermelon seltzer, 2ish wines, I think another cider at home
    Sun - 5 glasses wine, 1 cider, 1 cocktail over about 8 hours.

Planning a 0 tonight. Tuesday Eric has a big presentation he's been stressing about all week, so I expect there will be drinks tomorrow. Not sure about the rest of the week. We have an incredibly busy weekend. I have dinner Friday with girlfriends, Eric is running a mini Saturday, art fair and birthday party Saturday, and another birthday party Sunday. Have a great one!
  • Meggers120Now
    Options
    OK I lied about weighing myself this morning. I did good with no drinks Sat & Sun night, but I had nachos for dinner last night and they were suuuuuuuuper salty. I could tell I was bloated this morning from all that salt and I didn't want to ruin my mood by stepping on the scale so...

No drinks last night meant up at 5:00 for yoga this morning. Reminding myself what a lovely way it ends up being to start my day gets me out of bed. Plans for no drinks and yoga every morning this week. Day 1 down...

I'm a Boom Chicka Pop fan but I think it is pretty much the same as SkinnyPop. Yum!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 0
    I totally would have caved if Eric drank. But he didn't.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all. Doug and I made it thru the weekend and he is trying to focus on the "new chapter" in his life. He has time to figure out what that will be. I had on vodka cran last night and I didn't have much Sunday so I am moderating okay. I hope you had a good birthday Syd.

I know what being laid off is like it happened to me in 2009 but I only had one year with the company. I can't imagine what if feels like after 30 plus years with the company. Saturday was rough but Sunday was better and yesterday was pretty good. Thank you for all your support and good wishes. They are much appreciated.
  • Meggers120Now
    Options
    Great job, Robin. I would have used it as an excuse to drink waaaaaaay too much which never helps anything.

I did my yoga this morning AND I went for a walk/jog last night. I am starting the C25K program... for the third time... third time charm and all that, right? I started this go at week 3 through as I was comfortable with that section at this point. Plus, everything I've read tells me that week 4 is the big toughie so I figured week 3 would be better. Anyone else been through this program??