Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-20X7X 35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Buns, Guns and Abs Challenge
    75 Squats
    Rest day push-ups
    75 leg lifts

April move your @$$ Challenge
    I am going to walk as much as possible today. I will be on the road most of the day. Mall walking!

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th
    Clean your cupboards of temptation and fill them up with food that fits your macros!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Short workout again today because I skipped rows, but hurray for me I'm meeting my trainer next week to start working on pull ups as a replacement for Wretched rows! I'm throwing in the towel, I hate rows and they make my back hurt for days. Screw em.

Today, still deloaded:
    Squats 3x5 @ 155
    Bench press 1x5 @ 87, 2x5 @ 82
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Week: 16 Workout: 3

dumbbell hammer curls
    dumbbell rows
    dumbbell OHP
    dumbbell tricep extensions
    walking lunges
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 40X7X35

Buns, Guns and Abs 30 Day Challenge
    75 Squats
    22 push-ups
    Rest Day leg lifts

I will take at least 2 -2mile walks today!

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd-May20th
    One day left to prepare! Join us to tighten up your eating and your body!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10544958/keto-lc-4-week-challenge-april-23rd-may-20th#latest
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Week 16 four week update

Weight lost 3 pounds for four weeks. 25.4 pounds total.
    Measurements I lost 5.25 inches overall, however, I gained over an inch on each of my calfs. I think that is from the increased walking that I am doing as well as heavier kettle bell squats. The gain is not listed as part of my loss.
    Total inches lost for the challenge is 27.25 inches overall with a 2.75 inch increase on my calfs.

It is getting more difficult to lose weight at this point in my journey. I have 10 pounds of fat left to lose and I am still attempting to do that. My lifting weight has not increased because I am working on a deficit.

I hope everyone else is experiencing success!

• fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 44X7X35

80 Squats
    23 push-ups
    80 leg lifts

It is snowing today! Definitely will take at least a 2 mile walk will have to see how slippery it is. Hopefully I will do more.

Day one of our challenge! Suggestion for today is to take a look at the recipes and pictures of low-carb meals that fellow MFP'ers have submitted!
    This is a fantastic site to get meal ideas from!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10274397/what-does-your-low-carb-meals-look-like#latest
    Recipes
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10044905/share-your-original-recipes#latest
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 15X 95/105/115/120

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 20X7X35

Rest Day Squats
    24 push-ups
    85 leg lifts

I am going to be on the road most of the day so I will take an evening walk.

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 24th-May20th
    Everyone has great goals! We have a great group of people working together to support and inspire each other!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Week 16 four week update

Weight lost 3 pounds for four weeks. 25.4 pounds total.
    Measurements I lost 5.25 inches overall, however, I gained over an inch on each of my calfs. I think that is from the increased walking that I am doing as well as heavier kettle bell squats. The gain is not listed as part of my loss.
    Total inches lost for the challenge is 27.25 inches overall with a 2.75 inch increase on my calfs.

It is getting more difficult to lose weight at this point in my journey. I have 10 pounds of fat left to lose and I am still attempting to do that. My lifting weight has not increased because I am working on a deficit.

I hope everyone else is experiencing success!

Awesome, awesome results Mary! You working it. Only 10 more lbs is great. I know you will get there.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week 16 - 4 Week Results
    Fat Loss
    Previous Weight 139.8
    Current Weight 130.6
    Current Loss 9.2 lbs
    Total loss thus far 15.4 lbs

Inches Loss
    -Did not measure but will do this next time

Body Fat % Loss
    Previous 32%
    Current 25%

Strength
    My goal is just to maintain muscles as I focus on fat loss so intentionally not increasing lifts.

Overall Assessment

This is so much better than the last 4 weeks. I still cannot believe that I lost 9.2 pounds effortlessly. This is the first time ever in my life that I have lost more than 1 pound per week for 4 weeks in a row. No hunger, no cardio except my 25 to 30 minute walk for general fitness and health. This is a like a miracle for me. If the next 4 weeks is half as good as this, I'd be over the moon.

16 weeks down and ONLY 4 weeks to go.

Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What
  • DDHFree
    Options
    So the chest soreness seems to be completely gone after taking a week off from heavy lifting. However, although I only lift with dumbbells last week, I lifted in such a way that my neck hurts when lying down to sleep. This happened to me once before. I refreshed my memory on proper form but will only work biceps, triceps, and lunges this week as I wait for this discomfort to go away. Will do my workout tonight.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Week 16 - 4 Week Results
    Fat Loss
    Previous Weight 139.8
    Current Weight 130.6
    Current Loss 9.2 lbs
    Total loss thus far 15.4 lbs

Inches Loss
    -Did not measure but will do this next time

Body Fat % Loss
    Previous 32%
    Current 25%

Strength
    My goal is just to maintain muscles as I focus on fat loss so intentionally not increasing lifts.

Overall Assessment

This is so much better than the last 4 weeks. I still cannot believe that I lost 9.2 pounds effortlessly. This is the first time ever in my life that I have lost more than 1 pound per week for 4 weeks in a row. No hunger, no cardio except my 25 to 30 minute walk for general fitness and health. This is a like a miracle for me. If the next 4 weeks is half as good as this, I'd be over the moon.

16 weeks down and ONLY 4 weeks to go.

Go Team Finish_No_Matter_What

You are really doing fantastic! There's no doubt that you will achieve your goals. It looks like we are doing a similar program.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Week: 17 Workout: 1

Bicep Curls
    Tricep Extensions
    Lunges

Neck feels better with each passing day. Will resume heavy lifting when I no longer feel neck discomfort while sleeping.
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X35

85 Squats
    25 push-ups
    Rest Day leg lifts

Definitely will take at least a 2 mile walk maybe two! It is extremely cold for this time of year. Tonight we are going to get ice and up to 3 inches of snow. Another 5 inches tomorrow!

Day 3/28 I lost another 1.2 pounds today added to the .2 from yesterday for a total of 1.4 pounds! For the next couple of days I am going to learn how to resist temptation! Tonight I have a dinner banquet. Tomorrow I will be celebrating my son-in-law's birthday. I am predicting success!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    New stuffs today! I had a session with my PT to check my deadlift form (flying colors) and start working toward pullups. I'm going to feel it tomorrow for sure, but it feels good to walk away from rows and start working toward something I can see having more real world application.

Squats: 1x5 of Empty bar/95/115, 2×5 @ 135
    Assisted pullups and lat pull-downs (didn't count)
    Deadlifts 1x5 @95, 1x3 @ 102, 1x3 @ 152
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X35

85 Squats
    26 push-ups
    90 leg lifts

I am in the cities today. I will be clothes shopping! Don't really know how many miles I will be walking but I know I will be shopping for at least four hours!

Day 4/28 I am on the road today so my challenge is still to resist temptations! Tonight I will be going out to eat and to the movies to celebrate my son-in-law's birthday! I brought Macademia nuts and cheese crisps to sneak into the theater! I know...they can kick me out!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-10X10X 35
    I am starting week one of increasing the reps from 7-10 swings per set in preparation to transition to the 40 pound kettle bell.

Buns, Guns and Abs Challenge
    90 Squats
    30 push-ups
    90 leg lifts

I was on the road this morning so will take a 2 mile walk this afternoon. Maybe evening one!

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th
    Buffalo wild wings had perfect food choices for this WOE. Naked grilled chicken tenders! Cheese curds! Dipped in ranch! Keep hitting the macros!
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Oh My Gosh!!! I feel like I am in the twilight zone. I just can't believe it still... But because I wore a pair pants that were too big on yesterday and my back is fully smooth in that I can't even make fold while bending in various ways, I decided to check the scale before Saturday. I AM BACK IN THE 120's. 129.2 TO BE EXACT. Haven't finished the week and already lost another 1.4 lbs. I can't believe it's happening without any need for calorie counting, without any hunger -- I am so, so glad that I had the hiccups that I did or might not have been led to this solution for myself.

Bicep Curls
    Tricep Extensions
    Lunges

Neck continues to feel better. I don't feel any discomfort until lying down. I am ready to get back to heavy lifting.
  • DDHFree
    Options
    Amy, glad you found something that works. That is what it's all about.

Mary, you are going to feel good shopping for the new BOD :smile:
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Oh My Gosh!!! I feel like I am in the twilight zone. I just can't believe it still... But because I wore a pair pants that were too big on yesterday and my back is fully smooth in that I can't even make fold while bending in various ways, I decided to check the scale before Saturday. I AM BACK IN THE 120's. 129.2 TO BE EXACT. Haven't finished the week and already lost another 1.4 lbs. I can't believe it's happening without any need for calorie counting, without any hunger -- I am so, so glad that I had the hiccups that I did or might not have been led to this solution for myself.

Bicep Curls
    Tricep Extensions
    Lunges

Neck continues to feel better. I don't feel any discomfort until lying down. I am ready to get back to heavy lifting.

Congratulations!!! Great job! Are you eating keto now, or did you find something else? The other day I decided just for the heck of it to put just enough weight on the scale for it to read 135, just to remember briefly what it's like to see a normal weight number.....I'll get there one day.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    Options
    So last week into this week has felt a bit like I'm just faffing around when I go in, buttt I think I spent my time in the gym better today than I have in a while. I decided to test my one rep maxes for some of the big lifts in preparation for starting Wendler's 5/3/1 next week. I think I've gotten what I can from SL 5x5 and the mental relief of just accepting that I can do something different is huge. I'm slightly intimidated by having to learn new assistance work, but at the same time I think that will be good for me. So today's workout took forever, but gave me some good boosts.

Squats: 1x5 each at empty bar/95/115/135
    1x3 @ 155/165
    Tested 1 rep at 170 and nailed it! Hard but smooth, with good form. It's possible I could have done one at 175 but I feel fine about 170. It's above my bodyweight, if barely!

OHP: 1x5 each @ 52/57/62/67
    1x3 @ 72
    1x2 @ 77, failed 3rd attempt

Bench press: 1x5 @ 52/62/72/82/87
    1x3 @ 92, 1x2 @ 97

I hit PRs in all of these lifts today, which I am very proud of considering I didn't really finish coming back up from my deload. It felt good to change it up instead of feeling like I had to grind out more and more reps.