What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• lunabellz
    lunabellz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm reading: The Fate of Nations: F.I.R.E. Team Alpha by Ray Chilensky. I sometime read books and write a review for the author. I was in a group on Goodreads and we were talking about dystopian series and this author said I might like his so I'm reading it.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Love dystopian stories! I'll check it out!
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm now reading Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman. Its my first time reading this one.

I also read the Old Man Logan (X-Men Wolverine) comics yesterday. My fiance bought the hardback collection.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The Long Walk by Stephen King writing as Bachman. Everything he writes is gold.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi.
  • tabletop_joe
    Options
    The Long Walk by Stephen King writing as Bachman. Everything he writes is gold.

I am so excited to see the critical revaluation of Stephen King. I knew it'd come one day!
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just finished a robyn carr novell, part of the thunder point serie. Reading the serie the sorcerer's ring from morgan rice. Like to switch genres.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have found a great new series. It's the lunar chronicles. It's a remake of some favorite fairy tales but set in the far future and it's really interesting and a real page turner.
  • tabletop_joe
    Options
    arunion01 wrote: »
    I have found a great new series. It's the lunar chronicles. It's a remake of some favorite fairy tales but set in the far future and it's really interesting and a real page turner.

My daughter's current favorite!
  • stacj27
    stacj27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed by Jared Diamond
  • theowlbox
    Options
    stacj27 wrote: »

Do you like it? It was huge a few years ago. How does it read?
  • stacj27
    stacj27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    theowlbox wrote: »
    stacj27 wrote: »

Do you like it? It was huge a few years ago. How does it read?

That's a tough one. I started reading it for a Geology class, so I might have been a little bitter toward it at first. But I didn't end up using it for my book report, so now I'm just reading it for fun. It's not what I would call an easy or fun read. It can get pretty heavy, but that's part of the reason I chose it. I just have to read it when I'm in the right mood. I think it's pretty good, but it's hard to get out of the mindset that it's for school. :smiley:
  • cjprobresith
    cjprobresith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Current read Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Estes
    Next is Finding Ultra with Rich Roll
  • theowlbox
    Options
    Started The Inexplicable Universe by The Great Books Courses and Neil deGrasse Tyson. Listening on audiobook. Enjoying it!
  • tabletop_joe
    Options
    The Found and the Lost: The Collected Novellas of Ursula K. Le Guin.

She is probably my favorite writer, so I'm ready to dig in to this mighty tome.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The Troop by Nick Cutter
  • theowlbox
    Options
    This AM started The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie, the first Tommy and Tuppence book. Read on Audiobook by Hugh Fraser (Captain Hastings from the BBC Poirot series). I enjoy books during this time between WW1 and WW2.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting Seven Black Diamonds by Melissa Marr later today.
  • tabletop_joe
    Options
    Taking another crack at Alan Moore's Jerusalem.
  • tabletop_joe
    Options
    I'm starting Today Will Be Different by Maria Semple. I loved Where'd You Go, Bernadette, so I'm excited.