Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    -2lbs down for the week so far.
    CW 208
    SW 252.

So far??? That's Awesome!!!

I post my lowest for the week (whatever day it was) instead of a certain day cause often things mess up for any set weigh-in day. Next week I will use the this weeks low as the baseline. I like doing it that way.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    -2lbs down for the week so far.
    CW 208
    SW 252.

So far??? That's Awesome!!!

I post my lowest for the week (whatever day it was) instead of a certain day cause often things mess up for any set weigh-in day. Next week I will use the this weeks low as the baseline. I like doing it that way.

Oh I see :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    My goodness! I hope to run 5k in 8 weeks. Good job
  • blambo61
    edited April 2017
    Hiked 11-miles with scouts today (included about 2300-ft elevation gain over about 4.0-miles of it so was steep) after sleeping out in windy and a little rainy weather (was in the low to mid 30's at the low and was cool on the hike but sunny). I'm beat! I hiked it a little fast and felt fine but I'm hammered now!
  • Brendalea69
    That's a really good hike especially with all that climbing!!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Hiked 11-miles with scouts today (included about 2300-ft elevation gain over about 4.0-miles of it so was steep) after sleeping out in windy and a little rainy weather (was in the low to mid 30's at the low and was cool on the hike but sunny). I'm beat! I hiked it a little fast and felt fine but I'm hammered now!

Wow! Nice! :) Good work!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Wonderful athletic endeavors!
  • blambo61
    Ran 4-miles along the bonneville shoreline trail (base of the wasatch mountains) and walked some too. Did yard work for a couple of hours also. My watch said I went 10.6 miles so got in a good day.

This last week was rough for dieting. I went out of town for work for 5-days and was with people and needed to eat meals with them. I did eat low carb for some of them and that helped. I'm about +2-lbs for that. Will get back at it next week.
  • Brendalea69
    2 pounds isn't bad for a whole week off plan.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Awesome to the run and that you only gained two pounds because that's not bad at all for five days out of town! You'll probably breathe those pounds away. :-)
  • blambo61
    Had the wonderful experience of a colonoscopy today! My first time. Iv'e put it off for a a long time but finally decided to do it. Doc said I was all good and don't need to go back for 10-yrs so that was good. That stuff they make you drink is NASTY! I did get in about a 36-hr fast though so that was good. Came home, took a nap, and went running. Wanted to do 4.5-miles but had enough at 3.0 so called it quits. Hopefully when I get all the salt out of me (the NASTY drink) maybe I will have lost some weight from the long fast.
  • Brendalea69
    Glad to hear they didn't find anything :) I'm sure you'll have a loss after that!!! :p
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    That's great news, blambo!
  • amflautist
    Had the wonderful experience of a colonoscopy today! My first time. Iv'e put it off for a a long time but finally decided to do it. Doc said I was all good and don't need to go back for 10-yrs so that was good. That stuff they make you drink is NASTY! I did get in about a 36-hr fast though so that was good. Came home, took a nap, and went running. Wanted to do 4.5-miles but had enough at 3.0 so called it quits. Hopefully when I get all the salt out of me (the NASTY drink) maybe I will have lost some weight from the long fast.

Yep, mine is at the end of this month and I already have a big jug that I will have to fill with the nasty stuff. Encouraged that I will be fasting though.
  • blambo61
    Glad to hear they didn't find anything :) I'm sure you'll have a loss after that!!! :p

No doubt! :#
  • blambo61
    amflautist wrote: »

Yep, mine is at the end of this month and I already have a big jug that I will have to fill with the nasty stuff. Encouraged that I will be fasting though.

Good luck!
  • blambo61
    edited May 2017
    Have had an interesting two weeks. Went out of town for a week. Got back, had a colonoscopy (all good). Worked hard at work getting stuff done. Had a wedding this last Fri for my second oldest (married a great girl!), had a root canal go bad in the middle of this and just had it yanked out today to start an implant process! I'm not supposed to run hard tell I get my stitches out which bums me out a bit and I'm going to miss this Thurs 5k run looks like. My mouth is killing me right now since I've come down off the anethesia.

Have done ok with the weight and didn't gain any through the wedding festivities and having family over and lots of food so that was good. Also I've had to eat multiple meals due to needing to take antibiotics and pain meds for my bad root canal.

Ran some good runs (4-miles this morning and ran up a mountain trail on saturday so that was good). Have missed some weights though due to the schedule and will miss tomorrow also. Got most of summer garden planted Sat so that was good.

I will need to eat multiple meals so will keep the extra meals due to need for more antibiotics and pain meds due to my implant procedure so I will keep them very low carb to reduce the impact. That is about it for me.
  • Brendalea69
    Congratulations to your Son and Daughter-In-Law :)

I hope you're feeling better soon!!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Ah congrats to your son and his new wife :)
  • amflautist
    Have had an interesting two weeks. Went out of town for a week. Got back, had a colonoscopy (all good). Worked hard at work getting stuff done. Had a wedding this last Fri for my second oldest (married a great girl!), had a root canal go bad in the middle of this and just had it yanked out today to start an implant process! I'm not supposed to run hard tell I get my stitches out which bums me out a bit and I'm going to miss this Thurs 5k run looks like. My mouth is killing me right now since I've come down off the anethesia.

Have done ok with the weight and didn't gain any through the wedding festivities and having family over and lots of food so that was good. Also I've had to eat multiple meals due to needing to take antibiotics and pain meds for my bad root canal.

Ran some good runs (4-miles this morning and ran up a mountain trail on saturday so that was good). Have missed some weights though due to the schedule and will miss tomorrow also. Got most of summer garden planted Sat so that was good.

I will need to eat multiple meals so will keep the extra meals due to need for more antibiotics and pain meds due to my implant procedure so I will keep them very low carb to reduce the impact. That is about it for me.

Yes, you have had an interesting two weeks! You survived your colonoscopy, had a family wedding and then had a tooth removed in preparation for an implant. All sounds familiar. I'm at the two-implant stage right now - but a bit further along than you are.

But the absolutely BEST thing you said? You son married a great girl! This makes me happier than anything I could possibly think of. You are one of the lucky fathers in this world! Celebrate it. And I celebrate it with you! (I say this because I wasn't so lucky.)