Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp I wish you success at Boston! I have a friend IRL running this year as well.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to all of you Boston runners!!!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    SKME2013 wrote: »
    Best of luck to all of you Boston runners!!!

This good luck everyone !
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    well, I would not call it "racing", but I got my first HM on Monday
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I'll be running the USATF Masters 10K Championship, a.k.a. the James Joyce Ramble, on Sunday in Dedham, MA. 13 days past Boston I'm not looking for a PR, but I hope to be able to run it as a race.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'll be racing in my first ultramarathon Saturday, the Chippewa Moraine 50K in Wisconsin:

1zbabk248jc1.jpg
    bodgfa2w4fyv.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Good luck @7Lenny7! You are sooo ready for this!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    01/05 - 13.1 mile - Captain Turtle managed to complete his first official HM. Stayed with the 2hr pacer for the 1st mile, and then managed to stay with the 1:55 pacer (only just). Official time was 1:55:30, so managed to stay under my goal. Weather was cold (which is why wimp I am, I wore the long legs and a gilet over my shirt), but other than a bit of drizzle half way, my Oakley sunglasses came in very handy B) . Crappiest part was when we arrived back at the Football (soccer for the american readers) stadium, and you thought you were finished, you had to complete another half a "lap of honour" .... holy cwap, give me my banana :) Let's see if I can attach my bling

rdv7d0cws022.jpg
  • lporter229
    Options
    @dewd2 -Have fun in Pittsburgh! It is on my bucket list. It's my home town, but I have yet to run it (I don't live there anymore, but my family still does).
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    First 5K of the season, Sandy Hook, N.J. May 14. Also the first anniversary of my first race in about 35 years, or so. Looking to better my 29:09 time of last year ;-)
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Lilac Run 10K on Sunday, which is also the USATF Niagara Region 10K Championship. The field won't be as competitive as a USATF national event, but there should be some pretty good runners there.
  • camoballerina91
    camoballerina91 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My husband signed me up for his company's 5k fun run today, funny thing is it's tomorrow lol. Oh well, I'll crayfish afterwards so I'm not complaining.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a small local 10K this weekend.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Highland Half, which is part of the Smoky Mountain Scottish Festival. I'm a bit concerned because there's supposed to be a thunderstorm, and I've never raced in the rain.
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    @apullum - Wicking clothes, wool running socks (Darn Tough and Smartwool are good), embrace being wet, and have fun. It's best if the race starts before it starts raining, so you're warmed up before you get wet.

If there's lightning, most race organizers will call off the race; but if you're already on the course when that happens, there may not be a better option than just running the rest of the way.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Running in the Joplin memorial marathon (running the half) tomorrow. Good chance its going to be raining but storms should be gone by then.
  • lporter229
    Options
    Looks like it's a big weekend for racing! Good luck to all of you!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Memorial Day, Ridgewood N.J. my first 10K. Looking for a PB ;-)