Who is racing this weekend?

Options

Replies

• Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    California International Marathon on Sunday. Nervous.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm running a minor 5K tomorrow, the Don Curran Memorial 5K in Gates, NY. This is the first of six races in the Greater Rochester Track Club Freezeroo series, is commonly referred to as Freezeroo #1. Forecast for gun time is 37° F (3° C), cloudy, and 14 mph NW wind. Assuming this is fairly accurate, conditions won't really live up to the "Freezeroo" name.
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    USATF National Club Cross Country Championship tomorrow. Masters and older men run 8K. Will take a look at the course today.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I will be running in a 5K costume fun run called the candy-cane cash dash tomorrow. There is a prize for the top male / female runners (hahaha, I don't have a prayer) as well as the best costume.
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Reindeer Run 5K to benefit the Strong Museum of Play on Saturday. Age group trophies are toy-themed. The weather is likely to be more wintry than the Freezeroo was two weeks earlier.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm not running until the Houston Marathon/Aramco Half on the 15th but my 10 yr old grandson is running his first half-marathon tomorrow. He's doing the TX marathon/half-marathon in Kingwood. Today he picked up his runner's bib and was all smiles. He is super excited to be doing his first half. We expect him to finish right at about 2 hrs. He probably could do it faster but his dad will be running with him and then finishing the full marathon after he drops him at the half finish line. He'd like a little energy left for the second half of his full marathon so he'll be holding him back a bit. The amazing thing is the kid NEVER stops talking the entire race... I mean he could pick up a good minute per mile if he'd stop talking and just breathe! lol

Not bad for a 10 yr old though.... I was in my 50s before I did any running!
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Rise and shine! 7.5 mile Resolution Run (a.k.a. Freezeroo #2) is at 10 this morning. 30º F (-1º C) right now, but it's supposed to go up a few degrees over the course of the morning.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    The original plan was to run an end of year 5 miler on Saturday. Then I got sick on Wednesday and it it still with me. For fear of coughing up a lung ;) I skipped the race. Now the plan is to run a New Year 5k this morning. I will be going very slowly and hopefully return with both lungs in place.
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    Winter Warrior Half Marathon tomorrow at 4 PM. Forecast for gun time, 19º F (-7º C) with 9 mph W wind and a few snow showers. A hat comes with registration instead of a shirt:

ugs1yxxgoowx.jpg
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Love the hat idea!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Got my first marathon of the year this weekend, Sunday 26th Feb, Heartbreaker Marathon in the New Forest in Hampshire.
    I am so under trained it is beyond a joke.
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    I have a minor race on Saturday 2/25, the 4.4 mile White House Challenge (a.k.a. Freezeroo #6). This is the final race in the Freezeroo series, and I'll find out what the series awards are. I sat out Freezeroo #5 because I'd clinched the age group for the series with my results in the first 4 Freezeroo races and an 8 mile race wasn't convenient to the marathon training schedule that day.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I have my 1st marathon ever on Sunday in Fort Worth. I'm as ready as I'll ever be. A south wind is supposed to gradually pick up as the day goes on. Thankfully, after 18.5 miles, the wind will be at our backs.

Happy running in your races @FatMoojor and @MobyCarp! :)
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Good luck @BeeerRunner. Enjoy it!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Cupcake Road Race 15k in Cumming, GA, tomorrow morning. First race since October.

And after a week of lows in the low 50's/upper 40's, start time tomorrow will be 37 degrees. Yep, must be raceday for me. Always cold when I race.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just ran the https://runthesolarsystem.com/-10K, which is not a race (with my pace I would call a race an event, as a race you might stand a chance of competing, and looking at my image the only thing I might compete against is a slug :) ... and even then the outcome might be dubious) - but it was very interesting, where every 500mtrs or 1K you visited another part of the solar system. Ran it @52:01, which was within limits
    Good fun 9kidux8va2p2.jpg
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,220 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm running a 'Get Pumped for Pets' 15K in Annapolis MD tomorrow. First race since last summer, and doing it for prep for a half marathon at the end of the month. Going to be suuuuuuuper-brrrr (for me) at about 27 degrees at start time. And to think... I'd put away most of my cold-weather running gear, darn it!

@iofred - your 'slug' pace is faster than my normal pace... I'll be happy (freaking ecstatic, actually) if I hit 90 minutes on my 15k tomorrow.... :)

This is my first ever 15k 'event'... I'm working toward being able to put those stupid distance stickers on the back window of my car. :mrgreen: They're silly, but I want them. So far have 5k 10k and 13.1... or I could, if I"d ever buy the darn stickers. So, making the stickers my goal (and no, I'm not a toddler - I just play one on TV). Might shoot for a 25k next. :)
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    @JustSomeEm Good luck tomorrow with your 15K, I will be attempting a TM half marathon in preparation for the real deal on May 1st ... The reason for calling it an event, is if you look at the #1 time on the list, the difference is 10 minutes (and probably 50lbs :) ), so the word race is not for me :)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,220 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I don't really race either @iofred. I like the term 'event'. :) And you're still kicking my butt with those times. :flowerforyou: