Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th

1192021222325»

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Winding down on this great challenge! I lost 3 lbs even though I veered off plan several times. I didn't weigh until week 2, so did not count the week 1 water weight whoosh in my total for the challenge.

What works for me is logging, particularly pre-logging. Even if I eat different foods than I pre-log, I have to log in to make the changes (a slice of cheese rather than Greek yogurt, or PB2 powder instead of cocoa powder, or asparagus rather than brussels sprouts). Making the necessary changes to my log keeps me mindful, and also helps me recognize some of my vulnerable times and circumstances. I do best if I weigh everything, rather than use teaspoons and cups to measure.

My best foods are eggs, poultry, fish, nonstarchy vegetables, avocado, Macadamia and Brazil nuts, Greek yogurt (I make my own from half and half!), cheese, heavy whipping cream, salad dressing, mayonnaise, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, coconut, PB2 powder, cocoa powder, and an occasional frozen grape when I am desperate for a sweet. Although I haven't eaten them this month, parmesan crisps, pork rinds, kale chips, etc are also great for a snack.

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    karen- pre-logging works for me as well! I can stay on macros much better that way! I love macadamia nuts as well! Fantastic weight loss! You did well. Thanks for being here! Your expertise is very extremely appreciated!
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Thank you, so much, Sunny_Bunny and KnitOrMiss!! I rather to do what is right for my body than lose weight. Being new to this type of diet, I thought I needed to stay within my macros but what y'all are saying makes more sense.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I've lost about 7 pounds from regained weight of about 20. I'm happy about that, but even happier that in spite of many slips this month, the number of successful keto days increased and the type of slips were not binges and not extreme. That is big progress. And I feel it is a pattern that can continue to improve.
    Another big bonus has been an increased level of activity. Also it is not 100 percent there, but progressing into something that feels good now and I believe can be improved into something even better.
    Best challenge results for me In many months of trying!
    All good.
    Many thanks!
  • fanncy0626
    Day28/28 last day of our challenge! Thank you for joining me in this challenge! We have had success with staying with in our carbs, figuring out how to prep for meals, learn what type of snacks to have, and helping and supporting others! I will probably start another challenge toward the end of summer be looking for it!

Suggestion for today congratulate yourself on what you have accomplished and look for things that you can continually tweek to make this way of eating better for you!

Make it a great day!

Mary
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Ugh. Been doing really well this week but my weight went up again. Discouraging:(
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Whoop whoop we did it. I am happy I stuck with it. For the last 2 days I have been waking up with a headache. I have been getting 107+ oz of water in a day... I am not sure what that is all about. Everyone here has been so helpful. Thank you all.

Things I learned... I can do this. I enjoy feeling good. I am eating to much fat, so i am lowering that starting today. I am looking forward to see what my body looks like by the end of July.

Good work everyone. Feel free to friend me. See you in the forms.
    Chena'
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Been a great challenge. Glad I took part!
  • elize7
    Chena, Not sure if it applies since i do keto/low carb...but if I wake up with a headache it usually means I need salt. I have a cup of bouillion, and feel better within a few minutes...
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Thanks to Mary who started this group and to everyone else who helped me get back "on track"! Hopefully I can stay there for a while. Lost 10.6 pounds this month (Christmas regain gone!) Now I have about 10-15 more pounds to get to my "low weight" from last summer. Though, honestly, from 370 to 196 is quite an accomplishment and If I were to stay here, I think that's ok. Namaste!
  • fanncy0626
    mjj79 wrote: »
    Ugh. Been doing really well this week but my weight went up again. Discouraging:(
    Sorry to hear about the gain. Maybe one of the experts will have insight to why...Carly or Karen???
    Chena83 wrote: »
    Whoop whoop we did it. I am happy I stuck with it. For the last 2 days I have been waking up with a headache. I have been getting 107+ oz of water in a day... I am not sure what that is all about. Everyone here has been so helpful. Thank you all.

Things I learned... I can do this. I enjoy feeling good. I am eating to much fat, so i am lowering that starting today. I am looking forward to see what my body looks like by the end of July.

Good work everyone. Feel free to friend me. See you in the forms.
    Chena'

Fantastic job! By the end of July you will be very very happy!

• bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    So much still to learn but this group has been instrumental to learning this new WOE and helping me drop 6.5 (18 since Mar 30th). Thank you, Mary, for the challenge and to everyone who participated in any way! GREAT JOB! I will certainly miss your input and encouragement!
  • fanncy0626
    So much still to learn but this group has been instrumental to learning this new WOE and helping me drop 6.5 (18 since Mar 30th). Thank you, Mary, for the challenge and to everyone who participated in any way! GREAT JOB! I will certainly miss your input and encouragement!

WoW! Congratulations on your loss! Thank you for participating. Did you join the LCHF group on here? If not, you should. Most of us are on there too.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Well, my weight did drop a little today but still not as low as my lowest was two weeks ago...I did finally remember to take measurements last weekend and this one and i dropped 2 1/2 inches in that week, so who knows how many indropped all 4 weeks. 3.8 lbs down in the challenge.
    Thanks everyone! Good jumpstart for me.
  • fanncy0626
    mjj79 wrote: »
    Well, my weight did drop a little today but still not as low as my lowest was two weeks ago...I did finally remember to take measurements last weekend and this one and i dropped 2 1/2 inches in that week, so who knows how many indropped all 4 weeks. 3.8 lbs down in the challenge.
    Thanks everyone! Good jumpstart for me.

Congratulations! You did fantastic! So happy you joined our group!
  • elize7
    edited June 2017
    Looks like this last weekend has set me back somewhat. Not too bad, but not the gung ho success i had been building up to.
    Still..not bad. Looking forward to a fresh new challenge for July!!!
    Any ideas yet???