Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Your meal looks so awesome, as is typical for you!

Thanks dear! I had a fun pickle adventure this morning so I'll post pictures come Monday
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    hqc6l56k1wzz.jpg
    cmj013drqasi.jpg

Happy Monday all! SO I had an interesting eating weekend for sure! I went over cals 3 out of 4 days but I'm ok with that because A: It's only 4 feeding days between fasting periods, which starts today and goes through weds night and B: I HAD A SUPER WEEKEND! I got to see my boyfriend who lives very far away and he stayed and visited with my parents for a while which was nice.

Saturday morning I went up to my local corner store to get some McClures pickles (BEST PICKLES EVER) and turns out the owner does her OWN pickles of all sorts! I got a bunch of fun pickled stuff! See above for picture :)

The other picture is my Friday night OMAD - good ole' BLT with an few eggs - wasn't that hungry so that was about all I had.

SO! Onto a 72 hour fast, so no more fun pictures until Thursday, but I'll update y'all on the weigh in Weds morning!

Have a super week, and I'll be catching up with y'alls posts throughout the day :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... Pickles.... :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Easiest fridge pickle recipe:

1. Fill quart jar with sliced cucumbers
    2. Add 1/2 cup of apple cider vinager
    3. Add 3-tsp of salt.
    4. Add whatever seasonings you want, I do 1-tbs of dill weed, some garlic, and a little bit of cayenne pepper.

The amount of juice doesn't even cover 1/4 of the cucumbers but the salt will suck the water out of the cucumbers and the jar will fill up with liquid to the level of the top of the cucumbers in about 4-hours. Just put in the fridge and shake and rotate right-side up to upside down a couple of times. Makes great pickles and takes about 3-minutes or less. Found that recipe on the internet a few months ago and we have been making them since.

Pickles are a staple of keto folks I've read. It has a lot of salt which low carbers need. I also like pickle juice (dill) which is about the only way I really like vinegar. Easy way to get some vinegar down.

I just happened to be eating some of our home-made pickles when I read this and am now drinking down the vinegary juice!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

3. Add 3-tsp of salt.
    4. Add whatever seasonings you want, I do 1-tbs of dill weed, some garlic, and a little bit of cayenne pepper.

The amount of juice doesn't even cover 1/4 of the cucumbers but the salt will suck the water out of the cucumbers and the jar will fill up with liquid to the level of the top of the cucumbers in about 4-hours. Just put in the fridge and shake and rotate right-side up to upside down a couple of times. Makes great pickles and takes about 3-minutes or less. Found that recipe on the internet a few months ago and we have been making them since.

Pickles are a staple of keto folks I've read. It has a lot of salt which low carbers need. I also like pickle juice (dill) which is about the only way I really like vinegar. Easy way to get some vinegar down.

I just happened to be eating some of our home-made pickles when I read this and am now drinking down the vinegary juice!
    How long do you have to leave them before eating them? Overnight?
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

3. Add 3-tsp of salt.

Sounds awesome! I am a pickle person to the MAX!!!! I have LOTS to get through right now but as soon as I need some more I'll try that recipe! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Welp - weight stayed pretty much the same this week...not surprising...cocktails this weekend, and my TOM is hanging on for dear life *sigh*

Going to be super strict this week and see if I can get rid of this leftover water weight and drop a few pounds. I'd really like to get to 185-186 this week which is reasonable considering I'll probs drop 2-3 pounds just in water weight in the next few days.

Updated chart:
    Starting: 211 pounds
    Week 1: -7.6 pounds (11 days) Weight: 203.4
    Week 2: -6.4 pounds Weight: 197
    Week 3: -2.0 pounds Weight: 195
    Week 4: -0.4 pounds Weight: 194.6
    Week 5: -4.4 pounds Weight: 190.2
    Week 6: -0.0 pounds Weight 190.2 (it was toggling between 190.2-190.4, so I gave it the benefit of the doubt)

Stay tuned for pictures of OMAD tonight!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options

3. Add 3-tsp of salt.

You can start eating them in about 2-hrs I would guess.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    That's still an awesome result if you average it all out!

Stupid (but fun!) cocktails - that's what I'm blaming my gain on - delicious Sangria (we just came back from Spain and are a bit obsessed with Sangria), beer and red wine while camping... I'll be super happy if I show no gain this week - so far I'm still above what I was last official weigh day and Friday (weigh day) is tomorrow here.
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

ON A SIDE NOTE... Use more taco seasoning then you think you'll need... The meat has flavor but the quinoa is pretty bland lol

It's really good!! That will become a staple for us. We had taco salads and it was great, thanks for the idea!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    OMAD2017 wrote: »

ON A SIDE NOTE... Use more taco seasoning then you think you'll need... The meat has flavor but the quinoa is pretty bland lol

It's really good!! That will become a staple for us. We had taco salads and it was great, thanks for the idea!

NO PROBLEM! It's seriously one of my favorites. Glad you and the fam enjoyed!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    hmdb345s6wmr.jpg

Here's dinner last night - ate most of it, AND a few starburst and some sugar free popsicles for around 1400 calories, and BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY was I stuffed! Gravy turned out DELICIOUS though! Was going to cheat and make it from the mix, but broke down and did it from scratch.

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Yummy!!! Your gravy looks especially good, lovely and thick!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Yummy!!! Your gravy looks especially good, lovely and thick!

Thanks Sandy!! It really was... I adjusted the calories today though bc I didn't believe that all that promises was only 500 cals lmao...so I did some more research and ended up right around 1750 so I'm happy <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    zr2cwjnazqee.jpg

Dinner last night - the favorite go-to of lettuce tacos - so good and so filling! I ate that whole head of romaine - NO SHAME! LOL I had a few snicky snacks after because we'd just gotten fresh groceries, and had things to try! Plus a few starburst and some sugar free popsicles.

Total cals - 1660 or so :)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Doing great! Your pictures are awesome. Makes me hungry!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    Doing great! Your pictures are awesome. Makes me hungry!

Thank you! I might actually have some variety this weekend so new pictures come Monday lol
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Definitely need to try the lettuce tacos this week...
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Definitely need to try the lettuce tacos this week...

Have you tried them yet?! I might make more tonight - the nice thing is my little sister who works second shift in a very physical job loves tacos and is OBSESSED with this taco meat mixture, so if I make a big batch, even if I eat it only once it's gone in 2 days because she eats a bunch when she gets home after I'm in bed LOL.

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    WEDS WEIGH IN!!!

VICTORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

I was honestly expecting to show a gain this week - aforementioned sister is a horrible influence and we had cocktails ALL weekend. ON TOP of that, I didn't OMAD sat or sun due to the cocktails and a really wonky schedule. My cals were over and I wasn't in a fasting state for nearly as long as I like to be. ADD TO THAT I went to go weigh in this morning before work (remember my DR is in my work building, super convenient) and all the rooms were full! I like to weigh in first thing because I don't want to drink a bunch of water before I weigh in so I get a consistency to it. Since I had to wait til after my 9am Wed meeting, I went ahead and had a big cup of hot green tea knowing my weigh in wasn't going to be great anyway anddddd......

188.8! 1.4 pound loss! I'm SO UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED!!!

Updated chart:
    Starting: 211 pounds
    Week 1: -7.6 pounds (11 days) Weight: 203.4
    Week 2: -6.4 pounds Weight: 197
    Week 3: -2.0 pounds Weight: 195
    Week 4: -0.4 pounds Weight: 194.6
    Week 5: -4.4 pounds Weight: 190.2
    Week 6: -0.0 pounds Weight: 190.2
    Week 7: -1.4 pounds Weight: 188.8

22.2 pounds down so far! This week gave me my faith back so I 'm back on my normal schedule! Stay tuned for pictures!!!!