• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'm sick. I'll check back in later this week
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Jo - Hope you are feeling better.

A light upper body day. Had work then to do something online before could go to the gym. At the gym started okay but my stomach wasn't feeling too good so skipped abs and only did 20 minutes cardio.

OHP 4x8 @ 45
    wide grip bench paused 2x8 @ 45 and 4x8 @ 65
    tricep pushdown with bar 3x12 @ 60
    face pull with rope 3x12 @ 60
    20 minutes on the elliptical

Have the next two days off from work so can start planning out meals and get really going on this prep cause haven't been "dieting" really so far. I had 2 muffins today as my main food. Oops.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Have the next two days off from work so can start planning out meals and get really going on this prep cause haven't been "dieting" really so far. I had 2 muffins today as my main food. Oops.

Oh we all have days like that hey?

Squats and bench done this week, cold is on the way out. Physio today - hope she gives me the ok to reintroduce DLs. They are missing from my life!!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    jo_marnes wrote: »
    DawnEmbers wrote: »

Oh we all have days like that hey?

Squats and bench done this week, cold is on the way out. Physio today - hope she gives me the ok to reintroduce DLs. They are missing from my life!!

True, we do. And when the pastries are buy one get one free... ;-)

Today was my day off from work. So, dropped sister off at her internship then went to the gym, which was very busy. I had to wait around 30 minutes to use one of the racks but it was squat day and not like I had anything else to do. Once I got to the equipment it went fine. Though still not set on accessories yet and considering switching front squat to with clean on deadlift day but kept them here for now. Stance is more narrow for front squat and wider for low bar.

front squat 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65, 3x8 @ 85
    low bar squat 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65, 3x8 @ 105
    curtsy lunge 1x8 @ 45, 3x8 @ 65
    good morning 4x12 @ 75
    abs (cable with rope attachment) 4x15 @ 50

Considering my schedule to plan out the upper and lower days at the gym but hard to tell since new person is now doing the schedule at work and things are a bit unsettled. This weekend I work at my main store then another one for monday and tuesday. There isn't a gym near that other store. I might try and do yoga near main store on friday since I don't work until 3 but will be in the area before 11. Will have to wait and see. For now, might try and go to bed early tonight. Stomach hasn't been feeling the best lately.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Woohooo got to DL today. Only 50kg lol but it's a start.

Got in my accessories that I have missed this week. Skipped the RDLs to avoid stressing the back.

Massage tomorrow. Might go to yoga.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Woot for deadlifts!

I might try a yoga/barre mix tomorrow. Had a free session and it's the one class that works with my schedule since I'll be in the area hours before my shift starts.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Yesterday was cardio. Treadmill - warm up, jog for 25 minutes then cool down. Then I tried a barre/yoga class, which was quite the challenge as I'm not flexible. It had some yoga poses, downward dog and such, and involved things like the ring, ball, even 2.5 little dumbbells, which were a little funny to curl.

Hope to bench today if I can leave early enough before my work shift. I prefer to do upper body at the gym over near work instead of the one near apartment.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Definitely good reason I normally don't go to the gym right before work when time is limited. Forgot about the whole need to get ready part when was considering how much time I needed today so had about 30 minutes to lift. And of course, the one time I'm in a hurry is when all of the benches are taken at this gym and they all had just gotten started. I almost asked the one about working in but he wasn't resting long plus seemed kind of annoying so I didn't bother. Instead did a couple other moves and barely got to bench at the end. Arms were feeling a little bit from yesterday so it was a challenge even with not doing that much.

one arm db snatch 3x6 @ 30
    incline db bench 1x8 @ 22.5 and 3x8 @ 30
    bench 1x8 @ 65 and 1x8, 1x7,1x6 @ 80

That is all.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Sunday is the day for deadlifts. Have work at 3 and still slept in but managed to get my lifting done while not being rushed. 175 was a bit much but eh, oh well. Might go back to 165 for next week. We'll see how I feel. Don't need to add 10 every week since that isn't the focus right now.

Deadlift
    elliptical for 10 minute warm up
    conventional 2x8 @ 115, 1x8 @ 135, 2x4 @ 175
    sumo 2x8 @ 115, 1x8 @ 135, 2x4 @ 175
    penally row with straps 3x5 @ 95
    barbell hip thrust 3x8 @ 95

Managed to do the hip thrusts at last. Brought over the step with the stackable adjustments to get it tall enough. Still awkward but think I can work it in on deadlift day though might be easier to increase weights on those than on row but will do them together for now.

Scale is showing 134. Always in the 130s... but we'll see if I can get it changing. Hopefully this prep is more successful than the last attempt. Would like to get near 125 by vacation.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Good on you Dawn, getting it done even if it was rushed!

Can't say the same here. Plagued by illness, sleep deprivation and stress = no workouts for me the past couple of days. Can't see it happening today either tbh. Need some time to be kind to myself I think
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Jo - Thanks. It was a bit flustering but at least something got done. Hope things get going better for you soon. Feel better.

Day off for me from exercise, not work. I ended up going to my main store yesterday only to have to text my sister back so we could go to a different one. I'd had my phone in my bag and missed a text asking if I could work at this other store that I was already scheduled to work today and tomorrow. So, ended up over here yesterday too and got stuck cashiering all shift. Hopefully today I don't have to cashier. However, I don't work until 3pm and I got here at 10:30 am. Long time to spend in a CoffeeBean, which over here is a little more expensive than Starbucks. The vanilla cold brew is good but for the size of a grande it cost 6$ where I can get a venti cold brew for less other places. And I'm rather broke until Thursday so it's spend the last of my "fun" money I had saved just to waste time and get the caffeine I need cause sleepy. At least, I should get some writing done and one thing it does have over Starbucks: outlets.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    **creeps in**

Hello. I've been a stranger recently, but I've still been logging and stuff. I've not been near the forums though so don't know how everyone is doing. Hopefully you're all well....I shall endeavour to catch up.

I was doing so well....got a really good routine in terms of lifting, ran a fabulous half marathon and went skiing.

The....just as you think it's going really well...boom....a stress fracture to the top of my thigh whilst running means I've been on crutches for the last few weeks, and still not sure when that will end. Then a routine eye exam picked up abnormalities associated with diabetes which has also been backed up with blood tests. More tests are in process but in the meantime I can't exercise during to the fracture....can't drive etc, and don't know what to eat and when. Ho hum.

I've got down to 140lbs and bodyfat is reducing. My diet is the healthiest I've ever had I was stronger and fitter than ever before the injury. I'm perplexed about the diabetes and frustrated about the whole situation.

I'm logging, still....my TDEE is obviously way down so my calorie intake has to follow. I need to get back to fitness soon.....I'm missing food so much lol!!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Hi there Kimi. Ouch to all that you've had to deal through with that. Hope your stress fracture heals well. Nice work on the half marathon and everything at least. Not sure on the diabetes either. Had a coworker ask about food cause she is pre-diabetic and didn't even really know what to do first. She also wasn't quite sure what all has carbs as I recommended she start by just tracking what she eats to see where she is at with carbs and such. Her response included "like pasta?" I definitely don't have answers but hopefully you figure something out.

I had a middle day shift at the other store today. Was a bit stressed because sister had to take car in to get it serviced despite us not having much money right now. Had been trying to wait for pay day but car was overheating so it had to be done.

Went to the gym after work even though it was late and I hadn't eaten dinner yet. Got McDonald's afterward but only because the sandwich was free with a purchase.

Upper Body and Cardio

wide grip bench 2x8 @ 45, 4x8 @ 65
    OHP (clean the fixed weight bar for each set) 4x8 @ 50
    tricep pushdown with curved bar 3x12 @ 70
    face pull with rope 3x12 @ 70
    abs with rope 4x20 @ 50
    20 minute jog on treadmill
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    I've been back over the last few months' of posts....I hope those who have had difficult times are coming through them ok x
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    First, the good part. Squats - managed to not have to wait for once, which is not commonplace middle of day. The gym in North Hollywood is almost always busy.

Squats
    front 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65 and 3x8 @ 85
    low bar 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 85, 3x8 @ 115
    curtsy lunge 1x8 @ 45, 3x8 @ 75
    good morning 4x12 @ 85
    cable kickback 3x12 @ the fifth plate, worn out so not sure the number, around 20-ish.

Not so good as the car is still acting up. We got it serviced at a place but had issues today and they think it's the transmission, which they can't fix (no, didn't have the money to take it to the dealer since until pay day have 10 dollars in my account). I want to trade my car in some time in the future just not ready quite yet. Was hoping to get a chance to look around and figure out what i really want. Not to speed things up cause engine problems. Le sigh.

And minor detail. I don't mind sister driving my car now but with a newer one, I want to be the main driver. She needs to get something that pays more because really want her to make rent and get her own vehicle.

Might try running on Friday but it's at 6 am. That is awfully early when I don't work until 3 pm but still. Finally might get the chance to run at Griffith Park. Will see as it's just one other person in the meet up group. Have today off and maybe Sunday I will try to check out a couple of car dealerships.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Kimmi - so sorry to hear, how awful. I know myself how much a sudden diet change can be a struggle to get to grips with. I'd be terrible injured like that too - best wishes for a very speedy recovery.

Back on the program this week. So far so good. Today is not only DL day but the first day this week I haven't cried before breakfast - winning! I've got this. :D
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Baby steps, Jo. Not crying before breakfast is a real breakthrough in my experience. No rules...just do what you need to do and it does get better. Yay for DL though.....most envious!

I've got to grips with the change in diet, I think. The weight is dropping off me though....3 kgs in 2 weeks. I'm sure some of that is muscle wastage though, while I am on crutches, so would expect it to go back up when I get active again. I'm down to 62.5kgs.....I was 77kgs just over a year ago....so whilst I am pleased with the loss, I'm not sure about how much strength has gone yet!

I'd quite happily chomp on a biscuit right now, though.....in fact, on a whole packet of biscuits!!
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Kimi! Glad to see you back! So sorry to hear about your injury and diagnosis. How frustrating, when it seems like you were going on such a good track! I hope you'll be back at it soon enough.

Jo - baby steps! You've got a lot of stress going on in your life I know. I'm glad that you have DLs to help manage :)

Dawn - sorry to hear about the car troubles. Always comes at the worst times. But nice workouts and hope the running thing works out with your schedule.

I haven't been posting as frequently cause I sort of felt like I was talking to myself for a while there. But making progress lifting.
    Yesterday was DL day, did
    5x1@152.5 lbs
    Hip thrust - 3x10@114 lbs
    DB OHP - 2x12@15 lbs DBs
    DB row - 3x10@27.5 lbs

4 mile run this morning.

Squat and deadlift are progressing nicely. Firmly sub 130 lbs for the first time in many many years. But bench sucks *kitten*.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Superb progress!!
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Strength day today:
    Back squat: 4x4@115 lbs
    Bench press: 4x3@72.5 lbs
    SL RDL: 3x12@45 lbs

Happy Friday everyone!