Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday indeed!!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    kimi - Happy Friday to you and the weekend too. ;-) Good luck with the food stuffs. I'm still struggling to get in my deficit, pesky stress.

Jo - Agreed. Step by step but you'll get there cause you're awesome.

Aigre - Good job with your lifts too. Thanks. I didn't make it to the run at Griffith park with the car troubles but maybe some other time. We have a rental that is covered for 3 days at least and hoping my own car is fixed by Monday or Tuesday so hopefully it won't cost me too much.

Cardio day. Was near work a little early so jogged 35 minutes on the treadmill. Found out I get a bit red in the face from cardio cause when I got to work coworker (guy) noticed. He thought I had gotten some sun or something. Nope, just cardio.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Found out I get a bit red in the face from cardio cause when I got to work coworker (guy) noticed. He thought I had gotten some sun or something. Nope, just cardio.

Haaha, yep, I literally glow after a good cardio workout - takes ages for it to calm down lol.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Sunday's workout. I"m a bit behind. Been working and dealing with things. Still waiting for car to get done. Got a bed set so now need to pay for it. So much to do and diet is floundering from the stress. Hoping to work out tonight at some point.

Sunday Deadlift

conventional 1x8 @ 115, 1x8 @ 135, 3x5 @ 155
    sumo 1x8 @ 115, 1x8 @ 135, 3x5 @ 155
    clean 1x8 @ 45, 2x8 @ 65
    pendlay row with straps 3x6 @ 95
    hip thrust 3x10 @ 95
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,940 Member
    Options
    I do read along, just fyi. Nothing to post, but I still read, Dawn!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Yay for reading! ;-)

Yesterday was upper body, managed not to skip it this time. Got in the gym after picking up car, which is still having some problems. Le sigh.

Upper Body
    bench - 2x8 @ 45, 2x8 @ 65, 3x4 @ 95, 1x10 @ 65
    close grip - 1x8 @ 45, 3x6 @ 65
    tricep pushdown with bar - 4x10 @ 70
    face pull with towel - 3x10 @ 70
    abs with cable/towel - 4x15 @ 60
    jog 20 minutes on treadmill

Today is squats after work. Miracle, didn't have to wait for the power cage. Woot. Dared to wear tight shorts to gym. Don't mind my thigh jiggle but the stomach/pouch area is the struggled portion but it wasn't too bad today. It's so hot in the gym. Sweating more lifting now than in the past.

front squat - 1x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 75, 3x8 @ 95
    low bar squat - 1x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 3x8 @ 125
    curtsy lunge - 1x8 @ 45, 3x8 @ 75
    cable kickback - 3x10 @ 27

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm still reading too! But also still not working out :(

But, weight is remaining steady and the food changes are getting there, so that will have to do for now. I'm looking forward to getting back to it, though!!
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Well I'm here too.... training and reading.

Started back on my program as my back is feeling improved. This week was heavy and hard! The deadlift rehab is of course not up to scratch. And earlier in the week I did boxing with my kids and the day after my bench was completely useless lol.

Weight is up a little, not too much but its all thigh wobble I swear. At some point I will get my wine intake in check. Sigh

This coming week I am going away for the week. I need to re-focus on almost all areas of life. I don't get chance to do it here whilst so busy with work, kids, gym, study etc etc

So I'm checking out for a bit. Lets be honest though, I'll still be on here hahaha
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    kimi - even without workouts sounds like things are moving forward. Step by step.

jo - great that your back is doing better. Feel ya on the thighs wobble. Did squats in shorts and it was definitely there on Wednesday.

Today, I had the morning shift. Messes up my idea of running in the morning before work cause no way am I doing anything before 6 am when I have to be at work at 7. It was a long shift too and the schedule was done weird so only a few of us were in at 7 and others didn't come in until 9. Fine except we get our freight before 9 too. So, had the cashiers out at their stations and one of the upmarket people had to help with freight, which is very unusual. It was a big shipment too and we struggled with space not to mention all of the lifting. Still went to gym after work because sister has my car and doesn't get done with her internship until almost 4 hours after my shift at work ends. Decided to do upper body today too instead of just cardio as tomorrow I won't get to the gym.

upper body
    bench 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65, 3x5 @ 95, 1x12 @ 65
    wide grip bench with pause 3x6 @ 65
    seated row 3x8 @ 85
    abs 4x15 @ 55
    treadmill - 10 minute walk, run, walk, run, then walk for 20. 60 minutes total cardio.

Now I'm just chilling while wait for my sister. Might go out tonight as some coworkers are meeting at Dave & Buster's. I've never been to one so it seems fun. Need to watch the calories though as didn't do well yesterday. Trying to follow a deficit but struggling still. I'm at about 600 calories for the day so far. Not many low cal options based on the web site, plus I don't want to spend too much money either, so we'll see what I get.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Been a long set of days. Have been dealing with car troubles. Did go out on Friday night so didn't do gym over the weekend. Went after work today to lift. Things are hot here and busy.

Deadlift
    conventional - 1x8 @ 135, 1x8 @ 155, 2x5 @ 175
    sumo - 1x8 @ 135, 1x8 @ 155, 2x5 @ 175
    clean - 1x8 @ 45, 3x8 @ 65
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Had morning shift so went to gym nearby after work, plus sister did her internship today instead of tomorrow which meant I had time to spare. Decided to do lower body today and switch to upper after lower. Got to work in my newly leased Cruze with heated seats. :smile:

front squats - 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 75, 3x6 @ 100
    low bar squats - 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 3x6 @ 135
    high bar squats - 1x8 @ 135
    curtsy lunge - 1x8 @ 45, 3x8 @ 80
    cable kickback - 3x10 @ 25
    25 minutes elliptical
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Another morning shift followed by gym since already had a parking spot and there is one right by work. Upper body with a little bit of cardio.

bench - 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 75, 3x6 @ 95, 1x10 @ 75
    closed grip bench - 1x8 @ 45, 3x8 @ 65
    overhead tricep extension - 3x10 @ 40
    lat pull down - 3x8 @ 70
    face pull - 3x10 @ 70
    abs - 3x20 @ 55
    25 minute on treadmill, 20 minute at 5 incline
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Made it to the gym at last. Have three days off work in a row as I'm using a little PTO, so working 4 days a week but getting paid for 5 for three weeks. Trying to figure out gym schedule with work (as they aren't putting up the schedule early enough) and with limit on car as don't want to drive too many miles on the lease. Today felt good though once I was there. Always like deadlift day even though it makes my hands hurt a little.

Deadlift
    conventional - 1x8 @ 135, 1x4 over & 1x4 over/under @ 165, 1x5 + 2x5 with belt @ 185
    sumo - 1x8 @ 135, 1x4 over & 1x4 over/under @ 165, 1x5 + 2x5 with belt @ 185
    clean - 1x8 @ 45, 2x6 @ 65 1x5 @ 75
    penally - 3x6 @ 95
    hip thrust - 3x12 @ 95

Now to lounge around the house, maybe do some writing, start organizing and such. Still need to switch closets as I have the bedroom now but sister's stuff is still all stashed in the closet. Have time since don't work again until Thursday whenever I get scheduled, though have to wait on a text to find out what time I have to be at next time I work.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Hey all, I'm still here. Am away from home but still training although less regularly. Getting some combat done though which is fun. Had good DL session yesterday. Squats today - not sure how I'll go as used to being barefoot and gotta wear shoes at the gym I'm currently at. Oh well, only one way to find out.

Excellent efforts Dawn
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon in the beginning of June :(

I decided to listen to my body and take a week off. I was exhausted and struggling to complete the workouts and started to feel strain on my quads. I then got a sinus infection that had me stuffed up for 2 weeks. I have since been focusing on my classes, summer job, and my wedding (which is in 3 DAYS O_O).

My question, when I start back after the wedding, where should I start? I stopped halfway through Stage 4. Should I restart Stage 4, or restart the entire program?
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Aubrey - It's probably be okay to restart Stage 4. You could go all the way back to stage 2 if you really wanted but don't have to do so. Just start off a little light, judging the weight that is best for you after the break.

Upper body day and the last of my three off in a row from work. Today is the paid day off. Sister ended up not feeling well so she didn't go to her internship. She's sleeping on the couch. I went to the gym and have done laundry.

bench - 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 75, 3x6 @ 95, 1x12 @ 75
    wide grip - 3x6 @ 75 paused
    decline db - 3x10 @ 25
    one arm db snatch - 3x8 @ 25
    cable abs - 3x25 @ 60
    treadmill walk 4 incline at 3.2 for 30

Lots to do still and next up is the 4 days of work. Two 7 am shifts then two evening ones.

The cut has been a fail. In fact, my weight is up from June. All of the stress of the car troubles, not counting calories and such has lead to a slight increase. I need to buckle down. Vacation is coming up in just over a month.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    And tiring day. I had the 7 am shift, which is always blah cause I'm not a morning person. Limited funds right now so didn't have much in way of food. I had a little tuna pack with that I ate at lunch but that was only 70 calories. I got pastries on my last break, not the most diet friendly but buy 1 get 1 free and still not that much calorie wise so far today. Wouldn't be too bad but oh worked so much. We get shipments 5 days a week, so they range from like 200 pieces to well today. We got over 500 pieces of freight and only a few of us worked on getting it from the truck. Lots of lifting totes full of stuff, cases of water, arizona tea and laundry detergent. Then came the gym as my sister did her internship today since she didn't go yesterday. I had no energy for this workout and it showed a little. The high bar set on squat was so freaking slow, it was like I was doing near my max even if it was actually light weight and I had the fixed rack so had to step away from it and no have the safeties cause they are too tall for me. Not best combination when tired but survived. And oh the math issues, or well the forget to put one plate on one side issues... the tired really showed.

front squat 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 75, 3x6 @ 100 narrow stance
    low bar 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 2x6 @ 135 wide stance
    high bar 1x6 @ 140 super slow
    curtsy lunge 1x8 @ 45, 1x8 77.5 then 1x6 ish at 77.5/80 and 1x8 @ 80 (kept forgetting the 2.5 on one side and added it part way through the one set)
    good morning 4x8 @ 100
    cable kickback 3x10 @ 25

No way i was doing cardio after plus had left my phone at work so needed to walk back to get it. Now I'm chilling at Starbucks until sister is done with her internship and can come get me so we can go home. Maybe the cold brew will help with the tired, at least for the mind, not sure on the body tired. Maybe I'll got to bed early tonight. Maybe.
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    I'm back from my trip and injured. Hurt my shoulder during training. MRI this week. For now, cardio :s
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Jo - welcome back and ouch. Hope it heals quick. Good luck with the MRI.

Trying out a possible program to follow. Sheiko. There are a few sets so this is the start of number 29.

This is going to be interesting. I had to go below and above numbers because the 24 hour fitness near home doesn't even really have 2.5 plates. I've asked about them over the months and they were "ordered" but have yet to see them. Plus the numbers based on percentage equals weights where I would need .5 lb plates. So had to round up and down. Next will be wait time. Can't do this rushed as going from bench to squat then back to bench, each has potential to wait for equipment. Today the squat wasn't a long wait but benches required waits each time with the second time being a longer wait. Overall took me a little over 1.5 hours to do everything with the number of sets, moving around and waiting. Holy sets batman. First group of benching had a guy ask how many sets I had left when I was doing the bar for warm up and I had to check, my own surprise came through when I said I had 10 sets. Quick but still, this is a lot of sets on everything. And might need to bring my belt next time for squats. I get slow anytime around 150 or more. Still, has my interest so far. We'll see how things go in this trial.

Day 1 - bench/squat

bench 1x10 @ 45, 1x5 @ 55, 2x4 @ 65, 2x3 @ 75 and 5x2 @ 85
    squat 2x8 @ 45, 1x5 @ 105, 2x5 @ 125 and 5x5 @ 145
    bench 1x5 @ 55, 1x5 @ 65 and 4x4 @ 85
    db fly 5x10 @ 15
    good morning (standing) 5x5 @ 105

And to see what I changed, here is what the excel sheet had laid out for day 1.
    bench 1x5 @ 58, 2x4 @ 69, 2x3 @ 81 and 5x3 @ 86
    squat 1x5 @ 108, 2x5 @ 129, and 5x5 @ 151
    bench 1x5 @ 58, 1x5 @ 69, 4x4 @ 81
    db fly 5x10
    good morning (standing) 5x5
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Had to take car in for the inside detailing since I went for coverage on everything. Anything happens, it is going to get taken care of and this way, spills shouldn't be as hard to clean and such. Though I'm still planning on limiting the eating that goes on in the car. They said the service was going to take like 5 hours so had them drop me off at the gym and by they I mean, the dealership set up a Lyft ride for me. I was able to take my time at the gym at least for the deadlift day as I haven't done some of this before. Some waiting was involved, lots of sets and just for kicks did cardio at the end. Was at the gym for about 3 hours with everything combined. Then had an acai bowl from jamba afterwards cause I was hungry. The protein bar for breakfast didn't last so by the second deadlift portion, I was feeling the hunger and had to power through.

The prescribed session for Day 2 of Sheiko #29
    deadlift to knees 1x3 @ 133, 2x3 @ 159, 2x3 @ 186 and 4x3 @ 199
    incline bench press 4x6
    dip 5x5
    deadlift from boxes 1x4 @ 146, 1x4 @ 172, 2x4 @ 199, 4x3 @ 225
    lunge 5x5
    abs 3x10

The actual workout:

deadlift to knees 2x3 @ 135, 2x3 @ 155, with belt 2x3 @ 185, 4x3 @ 195
    incline bench 1x10 @ 45, 4x6 @ 75
    seated dip machine 5x5 @ 91 (5 setting)
    deadlift from box 1x4 @ 145, 1x4 @ 175, with belt 2x4 @ 195, 4x3 @ 225
    curtsy lunge 1x5 @ 45, 5x5 @ 75
    cable abs 3x10 @ 70
    35 minutes on treadmill

Wait times were not too bad though some waits were involved. About 9 minutes for the first deadlift set, 4 minutes for incline bench, 10 minutes for second deadlift set, and 7 minutes for the cables to do abs. Workout is not for those short on time. Not counting waiting and extra cardio it's still around 1.5 hours.