What are you reading currently?

Options

Replies

• tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm just tearing through My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix. This book is a lot of fun--I recommend it if you love trashy teen thrillers from the 80's and 90's. A+.
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Reading the Best Science and Nature Writing of 2016. It's awesome! Also reason Macchiavelli' s The Prince.
  • a__girl
    a__girl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Anne of Green Gables. It's delightful.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    Just started Peter Atkins' Reactions: The Private Life of Atoms.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    PinUpGirlAtHeart Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sailor Moon Volume 2. I just completed the collection, so I'm reading straight through them.
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    Options
    Make that Volume 3. ^_^
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I just started The Outsiders. I can't remember if I ever read it in school. I think it may be one of the only S E Hinton books I haven't read.

I also only just found out the Hinton is a woman! Mind blown.
  • brittaniarina
    brittaniarina Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm new here and I just wanted to share. I'm so glad to see that many of you are like me and read several books at once, because a lot of people are irritated by the fact that I do that haha!

Currently, I am reading book 4 in the Vladimir Tod series "Eleventh Grade Burns", book 3 in the Hush, Hush series "Silence", "Fahrenheit 451", and my current favorite "The Shack". All of them are wonderful so far but if you haven't picked up "The Shack" yet I would highly recommend it, but if that's not your thing, the Hush, Hush saga is amazing!
  • PinUpGirlAtHeart
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @brittaniarina I absolutely love the Hush, Hush series!! <3 Have you ever read the Fallen series or the Abandoned series? I absolutely love them and highly recommend them! ^_^
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    I just started Company: A Psychological Thriller. It's total garbage writing but I'm finishing it because it's so short, I'm already halfway through.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    a__girl wrote: »
    I'm reading Anne of Green Gables. It's delightful.

Oh my god I loved Anne of Green Gables!!
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    Currently reading The Scorch Trials from the Maze Runner Series. I am not crazy about Dashner's writing, but I have to find out what happens.
  • denversillygoose
    Options
    I just started Company: A Psychological Thriller. It's total garbage writing but I'm finishing it because it's so short, I'm already halfway through.

I lied. I couldn't finish it. Reading We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it isn't worth finishing a truly bad book. Good on you for putting it down.
    Hope you enjoy We Have Always Lived In The Castle. It's creepy and intriguing.

I'm currently reading Born Crime by Trevor Noah. He's had a unique upbringing and his story is interesting. There's a lot in the book about apartheid and how it functioned in society that I never realized.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Slowly working my way through Burned by Karen Marie Moning.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I finished Born A Crime and found it an interesting look at South Africa at the time of Trevor's life.
    I'm now reading The Hidden Life of Trees. Fascinating, so far.
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Brother Odd, it is book 3 in the Odd Thomas Series by Dean Koontz.
  • theowlbox
    Options
    MartiB856 wrote: »
    I am currently reading Brother Odd, it is book 3 in the Odd Thomas Series by Dean Koontz.

I actually liked the movie odd thomas with anton yelchin. Assuming you like the series enough to be reading #3. I've nwver read Koontz. Is it graphically violent or more suspenseful?
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    theowlbox wrote: »
    I actually liked the movie odd thomas with anton yelchin. Assuming you like the series enough to be reading #3. I've nwver read Koontz. Is it graphically violent or more suspenseful?

The books for the Odd Thomas series that I have read are not graphically violent - they can be suspenseful.
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. I have read Gone Girl and Sharp Objects and enjoyed both, so I'm excited to read this book.

Currently waiting for the the third book in the Maze Runner Series to be available through my online library, I have it on hold.