Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,825 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1. In the can. Only 3 more weeks to go. What next after?
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1. In the can. Only 3 more weeks to go. What next after?

I've been going out for 30 minutes 3 times a week with a goal of eventually increasing my distance and speed. I know I would be more likely to stick with it if I join a group or find a running partner who is counting on me to show up, but I'm definitely too slow for the running groups around here. One advertises that they welcome all levels, "even 12 minute milers." Given that I can do a 15:30 mile on a good day, I can tell I'm not the runner they're looking for, lol.

What about the bridge to 10k plan and group?
  • veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    RoteBook wrote: »
    One advertises that they welcome all levels, "even 12 minute milers."

lol "well, I didn't want to join your group anyway!" That's what prevents me from trying to make runner friends, too. :)

W5D3 done. Kind of. Got to the trail, realized I forgot my earbuds, and just timed my walk/run drills like the last 2 times in the app. I'll do it again with the app Wednesday morning, weather permitting. I wasn't too crazy about my last 2 runs so I'm ok with doing an extra.
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Did w4d2 over the weekend and found it a struggle going to do d3 this evening but might do it a couple more times before moving on
  • bashincenters
    bashincenters Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did week 3 day 1!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    w6d2 completed! Hey I might actually be able to do this. Rotebook, my rate is probably as slow as you. I have never been speedy. But be happy to run by yourself. I have never found a running partner to be inspiring. Usually I am always panicked and trying to keep up and stressing. It is much more relaxing to me to run at my own rate. I think my next thing might just be to try to improve my time/distance by forcing myself to take longer steps. Maybe there is a program for that.
  • Mooma29
    Mooma29 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Done w4d3 twice now, first time I had to walk some of it, today I did it all but I'm going to do it again this week, I really don't think I can do more that five minutes at once yet :)
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Well I am sad that my knee is not going to allow me to do the longer runs. Age and injury. But this app has taught me a lot, and it DOES get you out there for 30+ minutes of aerobic exercise. I am going to continue to finish it out but will have to interspace the longer runs with 2-3 min walks to allow my poor knee to recover some. W6D3 half done. I think I will need to pick my favorite W/Ds and just repeat them over and over to get my 30 minutes in.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Did W1D1 again. And it was surprisingly easy. I averaged a place of 6km/h. And I didn't stop which is an improvement from last time. I expected to be gasping for air but none of that happened. Looking forward to W1D2.
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd time trying C210k and I always dreaded week 3. Today I finished w5d1 and I feel fantastic! 5 minute runs...bring it!
  • sweetsalads
    sweetsalads Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    W5D2 tomorrow... I started running outside instead of on the treadmill for the past couple of runs, but I don't know how much I'll care about nature when I have to run for eight minutes straight :s
  • veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    W6D1 yesterday. I was scared to do it. I felt like I hadn't run in forever, but I was proud of myself when I was done. :) It wasn't that bad. Phew!
  • AshEvelynn
    AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, any rules I should know? So many sub topics, I don't know where to start but I found this...

Making the jump...downloading the app now...oh. my. goodness.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    AshEvelynn wrote: »
    I'm new here, any rules I should know? So many sub topics, I don't know where to start but I found this...

Making the jump...downloading the app now...oh. my. goodness.

Take it at your own pace. Don't feel bad about not being able to be slower than the ap says. OK to repeat days. DO take the days off to allow your body to recover between sessions. I actually started it doing just 15 minutes daily. I am on week 7 day 3 tomorrow. I have gone back and repeated previous sessions when I just feel like I need more time at a level.
  • brant710
    brant710 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at remembering to post in the thread. I did week 4 day 2 today. 5 minutes seems like so long when your desperately trying to convince yourself to put one foot in front of the other. Or at least that's my experience.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Yeah - forgot to post I completed Wk 7 Day 1 on Monday and made it thru the whole 25 min run! Didn't rest as well as I should have on Tuesday so Wk 7 Day 2 yesterday i ended up having to walk and run/ walk towards the end of the run. Resting today and hope to be able to do Wk 7 Day 3 complete tomorrow. So HARD to make myself not do a short run or something on rest days. LOL
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I alternate riding my bike and running. I ran w7d3 of a zero to 10k program yesterday. It was harder than the previous session of the same exact running times. I blame the heat.
  • sweetsalads
    sweetsalads Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just finished W5D3! I've been dreading this day since the day I started this program, but I actually did well and I feel awesome :):)
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    finished up wk 7 day 3 today and managed the whole run. As always have some trepidation about the longer runs for next week (last one!) also but will keep telling myself it's OK to break them up with a little bit of walking. Just get the whole 30-35 min workout done. It is HOT here also but I am going early in the morning - it's mostly humid. Just Ceci - how many weeks are in the 10K program? I know I won't be able to do that one.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier The RunDouble app has a Zero to 10k app that is 10 weeks. This is what I'm using. There is also a 5 to 10k program, which builds on the C25k program. The one I used was 6 weeks (also RunDouble). The 10k programs basically get you to where you can run an hour without stopping.