Sounds like you are doing excellent
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    <refresh >
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    @aquawave, did you ever get the testing done you wanted to do?
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    @aquawave, did you ever get the testing done you wanted to do?

Yes, see above post on NMR results. Weight is holding steady between 138 and 140. We have been on this diet now since June 2016.

Insurance contracted rates resulted in me paying about $13. Not bad.

Hubby had his NMR and no surprise, his particle count was higher than normal also. Both of us are fighting the good fight.
  • mktom29
    mktom29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great job on lowering your A1C! <3<3
    I had the same problem, my dietician told me to switch to healthier oils and avoid deep fried foods and increase exercise and it shouldn't be like that anymore!
  • ellevin11
    ellevin11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Aquawave, I am sorry to hear your news and feel I am heading there, from a weight point of view I do best on very LCHF diets but it seems my body doesn't like it. My cholesterol is high, around 300, so I did the particle size tests and the results weren't good either.
    But I did read that losing weight spikes your cholesterol levels and maybe that plays a role in all the other numbers spiking up?
    But maybe you go strict vegetarian for a few weeks or eat just veggies and very lean proteins for a few months and see if that helps bring down your numbers. I know many people on this forum don't like the idea of non-LCHF but some people, based on my research, just don't process all the fat and cholesterol correctly-me being one of them.
    Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Interesting chart! I haven't seen that before. I'm not resting with 6. I was just thrilled to drop it from 7! My goal is definitely in the lower 5's. I'm hoping to have more progress by the time of my physical in a few months. The combination of LCHF and increased exercise definitely helped with my weight loss and moved my A1c in the right direction!

Your advice is appreciated :) Also, thanks again for bumping the Undoctored thread!

Good job so far and being committed to keep working on your health. You're certainly doing the right things and will no doubt achieve your goal. I just wanted to say that using diabetes meds like maybe metformin, or at least the natural supplement berberine is perfectly ok until you can achieve that perfect A1c with lifestyle alone. It's more important to maintain normal blood sugar consistently than be medication free.
    Just know that it's not representative of giving up or falling backward.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I was totally fine going back on Metformin when I saw my primary care doc recently for a checkup after a couple years off of keto and a lot of weight gain. I regret not being responsible enough to go to the doctor during that time when I was off keto and struggilng and getting back on the meds a long time ago. I kept thinking I would fix it myself "any day now". I know that I don't personally have side effects when taking it and there seem to be reports every so often showing that Metformin helps with other things than just blood sugar.

My last A1C was 5.2 after 2 months back on keto. I fully expect my next one in November to be in the 4.5 range.