Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    x3nomorph wrote: »

I agree with Sandy above, intentionally or not, you come across very much like your statements (which tend to be very FINITE on a topic that is anything but) are absolute truth as opposed to opinion. That being said, with all due respect, I could have a 200 calorie difference in my TDEE a day by SNEEZING (exaggerating for dramatic effect but you know what I mean) - a 200 calorie difference is NOTHING in the way of "leeway" for such a study...and I'm saying this falling very close to that range (mine averages about 2050 give or take).

Furthermore, you might be the messenger but its the messenger of not particularly accurate, science based, or even LOGICAL information. A 5 foot nothin 100 pound girl might have a TDEE of 1300 where a 400 pound man that's 6 foot 5 might have one of 3000. There is absolutely NO way that any one TDEE will be one size fits all.

Now THAT, my friend, is science.

so you think those published researchers are wrong?is not only one study but multiple studies both in humans and animals, maybe you should try exercising 1000 calories and then eat those extra 1000 calories back in food , see how that works for you, my fitness swimming watch says I burn around 1100 cals in a 4k swim per session, I should be losing double what I do but that is not happening, I wish it would, it would be awesome but that's not reality

The last thing I shall say on the topic is this - I can see the validity of the fact that the more exercise you do, the less you "gain" in TDEE - that being said, giving a blanket number for men/women under ANY circumstances will be factually wrong.
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The last thing I shall say on the topic is this - I can see the validity of the fact that the more exercise you do, the less you "gain" in TDEE - that being said, giving a blanket number for men/women under ANY circumstances will be factually wrong.

that was nice touch, made me chuckle irl, hey maybe they are wrong, maybe I'm flat out wrong, I'll still keep my cals low just in case haha

• mistymeadows2005
    Options

that was nice touch, made me chuckle irl, hey maybe they are wrong, maybe I'm flat out wrong, I'll still keep my cals low just in case haha

Can't hurt for sure! :) Whatever works for ya! :)

OH also complete side note, for future reference (as a reminder to myself too! ) - just because they are PUBLISHED doesn't mean they are CORRECT lmao.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you aren't going anywhere! I'm attached to you at this point so I think I'd throw a slight hissy fit if you went anywhere LOL

Hahahahaha! My sentiments exactly... :)

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    @minigrrll, thank you, you are too sweet! :-)

• wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I had two lovely and delicious meals, so filling that I can't squeeze in 1800 calories today, ended up with 1643. Broke my fast with two huge sweet potato and black bean soft tacos (100% Whole wheat wraps)
    with onions, avocado, spinach, and pace chunky hot picante sauce. My evening meal was a bunless mushroom and onion cheeseburger served over a bed of green spinach and tomatoes, with ketchup and mustard on the side, and I enjoyed a blueberry, banana, and kiwi smoothie topped with chia seeds. Also treated myself to 2 Ghiradelli Intense Dark 72% Cacao Squares. Mmmmm, mmmmmm!!!

eay6x64nlsgp.jpg
    vujpyeyad4bg.jpg
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    WTH - those are both so delicious looking. And vegetarian to boot... Your meals always look like a chef prepared them. Mine look like a 2 year old child prepared them - especially things like wraps - everything is always falling out all over the place!

I am so looking forward to my dinner tonight. Somehow I'm going to figure out a way to combine your wraps/tacos with Britt's baked beans! Maybe sweet potato and baked bean tacos. With lots of salsa... mmmmmm.... Only 5 or 6 hours to go now. Lucky I have a busy day ahead, that's for sure!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    WTH - those are both so delicious looking. And vegetarian to boot... Your meals always look like a chef prepared them. Mine look like a 2 year old child prepared them - especially things like wraps - everything is always falling out all over the place!

I am so looking forward to my dinner tonight. Somehow I'm going to figure out a way to combine your wraps/tacos with Britt's baked beans! Maybe sweet potato and baked bean tacos. With lots of salsa... mmmmmm.... Only 5 or 6 hours to go now. Lucky I have a busy day ahead, that's for sure!

Thank you, I like to try and make a pretty plate before I tear it up! lol actually, the sweet potatoes held the beans and only a few spilled out. I think next time I would scoop just a bit of the sweet taters out, and make it more like a boat. May not even need a wrap in that case and smash up what I scoop out and add as a topping. I'm guessing it'd be great with baked beans! Do you make your baked beans from scratch or have a particular brand? I use Bush's vegetarian, even non-vegetarians in my house and friends love them... I spruce them up a bit with ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and onions. When I'm feeling fancy, I add fake bacon to my daughters and real bacon for others.

My second meal stayed pretty for the picture, only. Looked like a ravenous dog got hold of my burger and spinach, all over the place and ketchup and mustard smeared all over the plate. Lol

Enjoy your meal in a few hours! :)

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    LOVE tacos! That looks so yummy!
    I used the Walnut Acres brand maple and onion baked beans yesterday, but I usually make them myself!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Oh yummy this makes me want a wrap tonight, only 8 hours to go :p
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Omgggggggg those look good... Appx 8b hours boil breaking them 72 hour fast and I'm READY FOR IT! In was going to do tacos tomorrow but maybe I'll make them tonight now...

Oh the choices...
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I always want what many of you guys eat, but don't always have food on hand to make it. lol We all just rock our meals! :-)

Here's what I had today: noshed on some of my homemade trail mix earlier; a serving of granola from the health food store bin, serving of dried cranberries, a banana, a serving of pistachios, and a square of 70% cacao chocolate. It. Was. Fabulous! For an afternoon snack I had a serving of Stacy's Jalapeño Pita Chips with hot picante sauce. My dinner was 4 oz of lean pork chops with barbecue sauce, homemade garlic mashed potatoes, vegetarian baked beans, a couple servings of baby carrots, a serving of baby cucumbers, and a serving of mini peppers along with homemade honey mustard dressing.

qkj8v98cstdj.jpg
    6psg7yqv4vve.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Good thing I just ate :p That all looks sooo yummy especially that trail mix!!!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Good thing I just ate :p That all looks sooo yummy especially that trail mix!!!

Haaaaaa, that's exactly what I thought when I just saw the meal you posted!
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Something happened a few minutes ago that hasn't happened for over two months... my hands felt like someone poured a gallon of sand into each of them. I haven't missed that at all, even now I can feel them tightening. I'm not in pain, it's just, I can't explain it. I don't like it one bit though. I'm going to try 18:6 for awhile and see if that helps, and if that doesn't work, then 20:4, then 23:1.

Ugh, and just now, my feet have the same feeling. They're falling asleep, for lack of a better term. Pins and needles. Whatever, I don't know the medical jargon. Lol But :-(
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Something happened a few minutes ago that hasn't happened for over two months... my hands felt like someone poured a gallon of sand into each of them. I haven't missed that at all, even now I can feel them tightening. I'm not in pain, it's just, I can't explain it. I don't like it one bit though. I'm going to try 18:6 for awhile and see if that helps, and if that doesn't work, then 20:4, then 23:1.

Ugh, and just now, my feet have the same feeling. They're falling asleep, for lack of a better term. Pins and needles. Whatever, I don't know the medical jargon. Lol But :-(

I'm so sorry babe! That sounds awful! Hopefully you'll figure out what's causing it maybe your salt levels?

On a side note though your meal looks seriously freaking amazing I would devour those mashed potatoes like a heathen LOL I almost made mashed potatoes tonight but got lazy lol
  • wsandy8512
    edited July 2017
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »

I'm so sorry babe! That sounds awful! Hopefully you'll figure out what's causing it maybe your salt levels?

On a side note though your meal looks seriously freaking amazing I would devour those mashed potatoes like a heathen LOL I almost made mashed potatoes tonight but got lazy lol

Could be, but my food didn't really have high salt levels. Maybe I did something today that brought it on and it isn't food or fasting related. It's just that I've not been officially doing OMAD the proper way for a couple weeks now and that's why I am second guessing my fast schedule. Maybe my body prefers odd hours, maybe I should do 17:7 or 19:5, or maybe it's my body's way of saying, "Woohoo, yeah, you still have rheumatoid arthritis in your hands and feet, just wanted you to know we are thinking about you over here. Now, carry on." Lol

I love me some mashed taters and often devour them like a heathen. OMG, you are too darn funny!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    @wsandy8512 read the article please, new research coming out has proven all those calorie formulas are complete bull$hit, 1900 cals for women and 2600 cals for men per day ..the end

The end is if weight is being lost or not. Not some limit that is going to vary per individual. I ate way past mfp predictions and lost more weight than it said I would. I think that was due to a higher BMR than was predicted and also for more subtle fasting reasons I believe. I counted cals for awhile but I don't now. I do estimate in my head but I will never weigh stuff, I don't have time for that.

If the scale goes up, cut back a little or shorten the eating window and little. Simple as that I think. Slow is good and you can't really argue with success.
  • blambo61
    Options

I agree with Sandy above, intentionally or not, you come across very much like your statements (which tend to be very FINITE on a topic that is anything but) are absolute truth as opposed to opinion. That being said, with all due respect, I could have a 200 calorie difference in my TDEE a day by SNEEZING (exaggerating for dramatic effect but you know what I mean) - a 200 calorie difference is NOTHING in the way of "leeway" for such a study...and I'm saying this falling very close to that range (mine averages about 2050 give or take).

Furthermore, you might be the messenger but its the messenger of not particularly accurate, science based, or even LOGICAL information. A 5 foot nothin 100 pound girl might have a TDEE of 1300 where a 400 pound man that's 6 foot 5 might have one of 3000. There is absolutely NO way that any one TDEE will be one size fits all.

Now THAT, my friend, is science.

so you think those published researchers are wrong?is not only one study but multiple studies both in humans and animals, maybe you should try exercising 1000 calories and then eat those extra 1000 calories back in food , see how that works for you, my fitness swimming watch says I burn around 1100 cals in a 4k swim per session, I should be losing double what I do but that is not happening, I wish it would, it would be awesome but that's not reality

Yes, lots of published research is wrong. Thermo states you will lose at lease as much as a deficit so if your not losing, your eating more than you think or you BMR is less than you think, or your not as active as you think. You can lose more than a deficit, that isn't a violation of thermo. You can only gain as much as a surplus and no more. You don't have to gain all of a surplus and that doesn't go against thermodynamic principles either.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Sorry if I brought this stuff back up. I'm still trying to catch up after being gone for over a week and I've read through all the threads that had the least comments and this had more so just getting to it.